Comments

1. says

I’d love to see the video of Ellen but unfortunately there’s this other video ad that is playing and drowning her out. Something about Conan… whatever. Why is Towleroad always adding video ads that automatically play? You know some of us are stuck with older OS’s and browsers and slow connections. Auto-play ads are a nuisance as now i have to wait ten minutes for it to finish loading and playing just so I can see what I clicked thru to see.

2. Niko says

I don’t think that the people at Towleroad control what ads specifically come up? I myself haven’t had any audio playing ads on this website, but on those that DO have them the editors usually request people to report the specific ad causing trouble and they can try to get it removed from the lineup of random ads that pop up. I don’t know if that is the case here, but I am willing to bet that the ads are NOT chosen by the content providers here.

3. mad1026 says

And why should a wellspoken young man like Graeme not be allowed to marry the person he loves, whatever their gender? We need more brave souls like him – unafraid and unapologetic!

4. Jorge says

We are living in a time of real transition. Here you have this wonderful kid living his life, enjoying acceptance from his friends. But at the very same time, you have kids like Asher Brown and Billy Lucas being hounded to their graves at 13 by their own peers. Best of times, worst of times.

5. yonkersconquers says

This is terrific.

Meanwhile, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, please get rid of those instant on commercials on the site. I know that a fella has to make a living but there’s gotta be a less teeth clenching way?

6. Mike in the Tundra says

The kid is an articulate superstar, but I cannot imagine what it must be like to come out at 13 and fourteen. I only came out because I refused to call the man I lived with my roommate.

7. Moo says

@YONKERSCONQUERS

Yeah, it’s annoying, but they mentioned once recently that they are working on it. Hopefully they manage to get rid of them soon..

On topic – amazing kid, good for him. Hopefully we see plenty more follow in his footsteps.

8. mcNnyc says

Towleroad audio ads are destroying my visiting the site.
    Naselex is one but they also have been about movie ads as well. this started last week…

PLEASE FIX THIS.

9. Dave from Chicago says

People who are having trouble with ads: if you use Firefox, just install the add-on “AdBlocker Pro”. It’s free and blocks 99.9% of all ads on the web.

10. mike says

What I wouldn’t have given to have the courage and self-confidence this young man has when I was 14. I pray that his life is full of joy and happiness and love. He’s a gutsy kid. The scholarship at the end made my eyes well up with tears.

11. Fred says

I had previously seen a story about him defending the teacher, but the story did not say he is gay. So now he’s out to the world via The Ellen Show. This young man is amazing! Kudos!

12. ratbastard says

This kid is very mature for his age. He speaks and communicates like a much older, more worldly and experienced adult. I wonder if he relates well to those his own age and generation?

Cute kid, and I don’t mean that in a pervy way.

13. Bobo says

What an amazing person!!!
    As for the audio ads…all you have to do is pause the video, scroll down find the ad and hit the little speaker thing…it mutes the ad. Geesh! The blog doesn’t pay for itself!!

14. captain underpants says

Inspiring
    Smart, well spoken and self possessed.
    Hats off to his parents
    I love the faggy way he crosses his legs
    Love it
    Kid is fabulous
    So sure of himself

15. Regan DuCasse says

What a beautiful,courageous, amazing, intelligent kid! He’s like THIS at such a young age?!

Even as there are some families, that are burying their suicidal children, just as beautiful as Graeme is, here HE is being supported and protected as he should be.

If anything, it behooves the parents of gay kids to come out swinging, fighting…and doing EVERYTHING they can to protect their children like this.
    Everyone, will be the better for it.
    And kudos to Ellen, for having these kids come on her show, and show the world how amazing they are and their worth to a society that otherwise would like to think and behave as if they had none.