Ellen DeGeneres | Graeme Taylor | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Ellen Talks to 14-Year-Old Graeme Taylor, Who Defended Teacher at School Board Meeting

Graeme

You may recall the video of Graeme Taylor, who stood up for Ann Arbor teacher Jay McDowell at a school board meeting earlier this month. McDowell was disciplined on October 20 for removing two students who had made anti-gay remarks in class.

If you haven't seen that video, it's a must watch.

Today, Ellen DeGeneres talked to Graeme Taylor about his speech, and about how he came out at such an early age.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. I don't have any ads oh I also have firefox. I started having gay sex when I was 9 and a lot of my friends knew I was gay.

Posted by: hinbww | Nov 23, 2010 4:26:07 AM

2. My God, what brave and brilliant young man.
    We will be seeing him in the future on the national stage.
    Bless his family and friends for being there for him.

Posted by: GaryJ | Nov 23, 2010 5:09:09 AM

3. thats the first gay president me thinks

Posted by: sullyosully | Nov 23, 2010 10:29:45 AM

4. If you click on "Watch on You Tube" you can avoid the advertisements. Not that this particularly clichè-ridden episode is worth watching !

Posted by: Sqqueak | Nov 23, 2010 2:08:08 PM

5. Wow. That young man is certainly more mature and articulate than the majority of kids his age. He's going to go far in life, that's for sure.

Posted by: joe c | Nov 24, 2010 9:47:24 PM

6. What a beautiful,courageous, amazing, intelligent kid! He's like THIS at such a young age?!

Even as there are some families, that are burying their suicidal children, just as beautiful as Graeme is, here HE is being supported and protected as he should be.

If anything, it behooves the parents of gay kids to come out swinging, fighting...and doing EVERYTHING they can to protect their children like this.
    Everyone, will be the better for it.
    And kudos to Ellen, for having these kids come on her show, and show the world how amazing they are and their worth to a society that otherwise would like to think and behave as if they had none.

Posted by: Regan DuCasse | Feb 5, 2011 12:16:41 PM