Michael Jackson | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Listen: Michael Jackson's First Posthumous Single 'Breaking News'

Michael_jackson

A "new" posthumous Michael Jackson album is on its way in mid-December. SONY Music's fluff on the release:

"The creative process never stopped for the King of Pop who was always planning for his next album; unbeknownst to many fans around the world Michael Jackson was writing and recording songs continuously everywhere from a friend’s home in New Jersey to studios in Las Vegas and Los Angeles with a small group of handpicked collaborators. Now, through the unique stories that will be told about the songs that comprise MICHAEL, fans will get mind-blowing insight into how this artist worked and a chance to hear the songs he most recently created along with tracks that Michael had a desire to bring to fruition. 'Breaking News,' a never heard before song by Michael that appears on the new album was recorded in New Jersey in 2007 and recently brought to completion."

There has been some controversy about whether or not the vocals on the album are genuinely Michael Jackson:

His nephews, TJ and Taryll Jackson, have now complained on Twitter about the track's "fake" and "shady" vocals.

Sony said in its statement that it had "complete confidence in the results of our extensive research, as well as the accounts of those who were in the studio with Michael, that the vocals on the new album are his own".

Listen to first single "Breaking News", AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Meh. More of a b-side than a single. I'm sure it will appeal to his more ardent fans but his casual fans (like me) will probably skip it.

Posted by: james | Nov 8, 2010 9:12:05 AM

2. LOL, that cover is so Michael Jackson. Kinda reminds me of the Dangerous cover.

Posted by: Wes | Nov 8, 2010 9:42:57 AM

3. That is definitely someone else who sounds a lot like him trying to sound like him. What a shame. But not surprising.

Posted by: J.D. | Nov 8, 2010 10:01:07 AM

4. and he's STILL dead

Posted by: booka | Nov 8, 2010 10:26:00 AM

5. I'm pretty sure they just sort of combined a few Britney Spears songs and lowered the coval tracks. That's My Prerogative meets Peice of Me, anyone?

Posted by: Jon B | Nov 8, 2010 10:53:35 AM

6. Very average. They need to come with something better than that for a FIRST single. Hopefully that's not the best song on the album.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Nov 8, 2010 11:15:05 AM

7. That cover is awesome though.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Nov 8, 2010 11:17:26 AM

8. ICK. I couldn't stand him when he was alive and he's worse now that he's dead. The Jackson family is trying to wring out every last cent from Michael's estate they can get. And the fans fall for this crap every time.

Posted by: Brad | Nov 8, 2010 12:12:26 PM

9. The song is all about himself, even to the point of using his name in the lyrics. And the cover is his own image over and over and over again.

I think that this man in the mirror spent too much time looking at himself.

Posted by: gr8guyca | Nov 8, 2010 12:28:39 PM

10. Does anyone really give a damn? Michael Jackson was never the "King" he was made out to be and he never will be. What his real value is to those with a vested interest, is making money. The guy needs to fade away, far away and into the past. Every time I see Janet Jackson on TV I gag. Its the same way with the entire Jackson family.

Posted by: OS2Guy | Nov 8, 2010 12:44:19 PM

11. I doubt he'll just 'fade into history' since he broke so many records and barriers, and made such an impact on popular culture.

Posted by: Wes | Nov 8, 2010 1:14:44 PM

12. I'm not really one to normally engage in conspiracy theories, I was definitely convinced that the man in "This Is It" was Michael Jackson (some people weren't). Although I have to say, something about this doesn't sound like Michael Jackson. It sounds like a good impersonator. I can't really explain it, but there are subtle characteristics that are significantly different. I wouldn't be suprised if this was a Milli Vanilli type deal.

Posted by: Wes | Nov 8, 2010 1:39:58 PM

13. For all of you who say Michael Jackson was a child molestor, here is a DIRECT INTERVIEW with his first accuser, Jordan Chandler, who admits that the accusations were a lie.

Posted by: JC | Nov 8, 2010 8:58:05 PM

14. its a great music release by micheal jackson and this album will go high as previous albums

Posted by: mj thriller jacket | Feb 10, 2012 11:38:27 PM