News | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: 'I Remember, So I'm Voting, and Not Republican'

Iremember

Do you remember?

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. LL -- Jimmy Carter lost the 1980 election because he committed the greatest sin in politics - he told the truth to the stupid masses like you. Yes, Carter told America to buck-up - oil was not endless - and we could not simply go into debt in order to avoid the hard choices - America never forgave him and voted instead for the actor who said the lines this lazy whore of a country needed so pathetically to hear - and though Reagan ran on a platform that said the national debt was the greatest threat to our national security - and then proceeded to increase that debt by more than any president since WWII - America loved him nonetheless.

In you happiness at Carter's loss - Reagan - may be burn in Hell for all eternity - also is responsible for deregulating banking and Wall Street -- which -- 20 years later gave America her worst financial crisis ever - that is far from even being close to over -- thanks to your pathetic need for lazy lies told by bad actors.

Your party has never been anything by incompetent half-men who treat you like a useless idiot - and you love them for it - do you just secretly whisper daddy or do you say it out loud.

Posted by: ricky | Nov 1, 2010 9:31:13 PM

2. If someone drove you into a ditch, would you hand them back the keys to continue your journey? Vote, and preferably NOT Republican.

Posted by: RJ | Nov 1, 2010 10:27:11 PM

3. Gay voters (or non-voters, of which there are now apparently many) who think the Greens have the capacity or the GOP has the desire to help them are morons. That's it.

Get your head out of the sand and start acting like informed adults instead of Fox News dolts.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 1, 2010 10:51:32 PM

4. Look at all these lil bitter gays in here, stickin' it to the man! How adorable. Just see how your little stunt will feel when the GOP works on repealing hate crimes, blocking DADT and DOMA repeal, and blocking ENDA. Feel really proud of yourselves.

Posted by: VAVA | Nov 1, 2010 10:55:41 PM

5. A voter for independents IS actually a vote for the Republicans, why? Independents are wolfs in sheep clothing, they are pseudo X -Republicans.

Posted by: me | Nov 1, 2010 10:56:02 PM

6. P.S. thank God you queens are just a bitter minority within the gay community. Gay republicans disgust me. Go hate yourselves somewhere else.

Posted by: VAVA | Nov 1, 2010 10:57:23 PM

7. Thanks to the Constitution, NO ONE has to settle. If a vote is valid, it is not wasted. If I decide to vote for my neighbor, because I believe he or she is more qualified to run this country and legislature than any of the "two-party" candidates, that's my right and no can tell me I wasted my vote. Why does a vote out of the two-party system, have to be one thrown away? I vote based on my ideology, beliefs, and self-respect and if I don't feel comfortable placing that vote with a Dem or Repub, than so be it, I'll vote for someone who has my confidence. And don't you dare tell me it was wasted, cause it's MY vote. Not yours or theirs.

Posted by: Coffee&Chicory | Nov 1, 2010 10:57:35 PM

8. Funny how nothing is Obama's fault. It's either George W. Bush's fault or now it's apparently Ronald Reagan's fault.

This recession, of course, had nothing to do with the demise of the housing market. Take a look at Fannie and Freddie and see who was in charge. How about Franklin Raines? Whose transition team did he serve on?

Typical smug Obama liberal, Ricky. SO much smarter than the "masses" who are uneducated and ill-informed like you and the MSNBC crowd. It's you and your ilk who are going to be screaming "Daddy" tomorrow night when those GOP votes roll in like a tidal wave.

Posted by: LincolnLounger | Nov 1, 2010 11:06:00 PM

9. no, LL--I've seen you blatently defend some of the most repulsive republican tactics. Your support of republicans has nothing to do with fiscal conservatism, as I'm pretty sure you defended their opposition to small business tax relief as per your party's marching orders...look, you're just as much of a zombie as any other true believer party line voter, and should be ignored.

Posted by: TANK | Nov 1, 2010 11:18:32 PM

10. I remember Obama is a liar.

Posted by: Roger | Nov 1, 2010 11:44:34 PM

11. I don't need reminding, I am fully aware of how backwards they are on every single issue.

I'll take barely crawling towards progress and sanity over hurling head first into crazy-ville any day.

Posted by: ravewulf | Nov 1, 2010 11:46:52 PM

12. If the US doesn’t wake up and move a hell of a lot more to the libertarian-left in the next decade, I’ll probably just abandon this country to rot (I love the concepts that this country was based on, but these conservative extremists (now known as mainstream conservatives) have so distorted what this country was ACTUALLY founded on, it's insanity).

Sweden looks quite nice.

Posted by: ravewulf | Nov 2, 2010 12:13:33 AM

13. @Ravewulf: Must be nice to have skills other countries need bad enough they'd open their doors to foreigners.
    Me: I'm an old veteran. I'm stuck here.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Nov 2, 2010 12:43:54 AM

14. I guess the beauty of this country is that you are entitled to throw your vote away on a third party candidate. Unfortunately for those of us living in the real world we have a two party system that isn't going anywhere. And having that pesky thing called a memory would of course bring to mind Ralph Nader in 2000 and George W. Bush's "win."

This is not a referendum on President Obama. That would be the next presidential election in 2012. I suppose you could say this is a referendum on Nancy Pelosi, but the House happened to pass an abundance of exceptional legislation that died in the Senate - upwards of 400 bills. So if your remedy for dissatisfaction with House Democrats is to take away their ability to more easily pass progressive legislation not only are you insane you have spent the last two years not paying attention. Perhaps this is a referendum on Harry Reid who deserves some criticism. But if you don't realize the structural obstacles of getting anything accomplished in the Senate and think Sharon Angle will fix that then you are just stupid.

And still the 111th Congress presided over one of the most successful legislative periods in American history. It is also a fact that more is accomplished when both the legislative branch and the executive branch are under control of the same party. What did we get? We have gotten the Lily Ledbeter fair pay act, expansion of the powers of the FDA to regulate tobacco products, meaningful credit card reform, hate crimes legislation, a stimulus package that not only worked in preventing another great depression but also contained tax cuts for 95% of the country as well as more investment in clean energy and education than ever before, Wall Street reform, and Health care reform which is the closest this country has come to universal health coverage in the past century of people trying to get it done.

As President Obama pointed out he was not able to transform everything in 18 months, but, especially with regard to health care, we at least now have the basic structures to work from for more meaningful progress. Rome wasn't built in a day and social security wasn't where it was today right at the start.

I am frustrated with the lack of progress on LGBT issues but the Republicans will do nothing, they will continue to fight anything and everything, and have been abusing our community for decades. And you know what, I'll take what we've gotten over the past two years. Policy over politics, as Rachel Maddow pointed out tonight.

Posted by: SKOC211 | Nov 2, 2010 12:50:30 AM

15. I remember, and I'll vote for the lesser of two evils yet again. But I'll find a line down ticket for the Democrat. I will NOT vote for the Dem on the Dem line. It might make them understand how disgusted with them we really are. "Change"? Yeah, right! WHEN?

Posted by: Matt | Nov 2, 2010 2:30:37 AM

16. All you folks voting Green will get screwed either way. You're handing votes to the conservatives on a silver platter, which means you won't get equality any time soon, AND you're giving liberal voters a way to scapegoat us, just as they did in 2004 when they blamed us for costing them the election by wanting to get married. If you really don't care whether you ever see equality in your lifetime, go ahead, vote third party. If the country actually matters to you, pick from the people who actually have a shot at winning.

Posted by: Shira | Nov 2, 2010 2:45:48 AM

17. obama is not up for election. vote for the people who vote for you.

Posted by: please vote | Nov 2, 2010 2:50:43 AM

18. Pshaw. What a bunch of crap, Lincoln Lounger. You're so invested in kissing the boot of Cheney/Bush that you conveniently forget that it was they and their party's Congress who 1) took Clinton's surplus and turned it into debt 2) exploited the grief of 9/11 to drive us into unnecessary war 3) was in charge when the 'Great Recession' began. You can scream your revisionist "Fannie/Freddie' crap all day (along with its implicit blaming of the poor and minorities), but it was the corrupt Bush/Cheney regime that brought us here.

Is this a defense of Obama? No. His leadership in getting us out of your party's mess has been regretfully inadequate and weak. That doesn't change where this began.

Posted by: Tranquilo | Nov 2, 2010 3:36:00 AM

19. "House Forecast: G.O.P. Plus 54-55 Seats; Significantly Larger or Smaller Gains Possible - Nate Silver in Mondays NY Times

The election remains volatile because of the economy - we're in a Depression. "We are now, I fear, in the early stages of a third depression." economist Paul Krugman, NY Times 06 28 2010

It doesn't matter in the least whether the Republicans or the Democrats win today because the rest of us are going to lose.

LGBT folks are going to lose this election, like we've lost every election since Stonewall. Bigots will win this election.

Working people are going to lose this election no matter which party of austerity wins. So will unions. Both parties are run by union busters.

Environmentalists and everyone affected by the growing destabilization of the atmosphere and oceans are going to lose this election. BP and Haliburton will win this election.

Immigrants and imported workers victimized by racist decisions like Obama's denial of health care and the Republicans immigrant bashing are going to lose.

Thousands of GI's and tens of thousands of civilians in Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan are going to be crushed, burned, and torn to pieces because the Pentagon, BP and Haliburton are going to win this election.

The nearly 17% permanently unemployed, the homeless and those callously thrown into poverty by the malign neglect of the Democrats and Republicans are going to lose. Both parties enrich the rich and deny passage of multi-trillion dollar bills to end unemployment, create a green economy and recreate a green infrastructure.

We've had decades of right wing policies under Reagan, the Bushes, the Clintons and now Obama. Thankfully people, very large numbers of people, are beginning to learn. Vote for socialist or AFL_CIO Labor Party candidates, write in, or join the millions tired of being duped and sit it out.

Posted by: Bill Perdue | Nov 2, 2010 4:31:22 AM

20. Remember - the 2 Party systemm is fundamentally undemocratic.

"SteveC, why bother to vote at all? You know the Greens have no chance of winning. So your vote is a waste of time."

So I have a choice between useless and even more useless if tyhe Democrats or Republicans are the onlyu options.

Like I already said, it is not my fault that the US is not a democracy in any real sense.

I am voting with my conscience. Yet sonehow that is a wasted vote.

What a PATHETIC statement about American 'democracy'.

Posted by: Martin Murray | Nov 2, 2010 5:13:39 AM

21. Voting will not gain us our rights.

It seems ever more evident that unless there is serious social unrest among our community, then no-one is EVER going to take the LGBT community seriously.

Vote Democrat if you like.

But accept at the same time that the Democrats will do NOTHING about DADT; DOMA; ENDA or marriage equality.

Posted by: Martin Murray | Nov 2, 2010 5:25:18 AM

22. I have been voting since the 1950s, and by now I would of thought the Gop-heads would of given me one reason to vote for one of them running for high office... and they are still batting .000% with me. They are just for the the rich... and the same goes for the Log Cabin gays... Next time we'll get even, because tea bags loose their strength after one use! WAKE UP AMERICA and VOTE DEMOCRATIC, as if your life depended on it, because it does!

Posted by: jerry pritikin | Nov 2, 2010 7:47:53 AM

23. Great ad, but too late as has become all too usual. Why is it the first I have seen this ad is on election day?

Posted by: Pat | Nov 2, 2010 8:28:46 AM

24. I thought that was a good, very accurate ad. To a person with a memory of any kind, they should be able to remember the facts this ad brings up.

Only wish that they would have been showing this on TV instead of just the internet.

Posted by: Rob | Nov 2, 2010 8:32:58 AM

25. I agree with KEVINVT. I remember too.

Posted by: JOEBLOE | Nov 2, 2010 12:57:19 PM