Ke$ha | Music | Music Video | News

Watch: They R Who They R

Theyr

The well-choroeographed twinks behind Peacock and California Gays are back with another installment.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(note: those of you likely to be enraged by these types of videos will likely find yourself so, in which case you should probably skip it)

Comments

1. I'm enraged I tell you. ENRAGED! (blah)

Posted by: eric | Nov 23, 2010 7:33:05 AM

2. Meh...Peacock was a bagillion times better...

Posted by: Aaron | Nov 23, 2010 7:39:27 AM

3. I think these videos are well produced and fun. They do a good job. Thanks.

Posted by: Brent Z | Nov 23, 2010 7:45:05 AM

4. Guy Branum: Yum!

Posted by: DougChgo | Nov 23, 2010 8:24:10 AM

5. That one was really good! Production level is pretty amazing.

Posted by: Dan | Nov 23, 2010 8:35:36 AM

6. Aaron, I disagree. while both are great, We R is much tighter in the editing, the choreography/edits are much more seamless creating a fluid picture. Also, just the sheer amount of people in the video We R make it a much more difficult shoot and, for me, much more impressive.

I think Ryan Yezak's work is getting better and better and will not be surprised when we hear about him working with Lady Gaga, Beyonce', and the other divas of the pop world.

Good job!

Posted by: Steve | Nov 23, 2010 8:44:09 AM

7. the fall of western civilization must be around the corner...and it will die not with a bang but a whimper from some gay hipsters dressed in American Apparel clothing made by the children of political prisoners in China - annoyingly I quite liked it.

Posted by: arch | Nov 23, 2010 8:45:57 AM

8. I wouldn't really consider these hipsters...just people who thought "We have no body fat...lets make a video"

The day he works with lady gag or beyonce will be the day MTV plays music again(not happening).

Posted by: Kerry | Nov 23, 2010 8:57:47 AM

9. Contemporary dancers without hip hop experience always looks weak dancing to songs with a heavy bass beat

Posted by: mixin79 | Nov 23, 2010 9:05:36 AM

10. Dance has been with humankind since we came out of the trees, hell we may have even danced in the trees. What these men are doing is art, a beautiful provocative expression of who they are. While my personal expressions take different forms, I really appreciate this. Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: Mark | Nov 23, 2010 9:09:17 AM

11. That's not well-choreographed; it's just spastic editing of a gaggle of expressionless twinks. It's a shame, because I enjoy good choreography of sexy men. Sadly, none of that here.

Posted by: Rich B | Nov 23, 2010 9:11:09 AM

12. Yeah.... I don't know about 'twinks'. Buddy in the foreground of the still shot above looks like he's coming up on 30 real soon. Nothing like watching a bunch of grown men prancing around. Bravo.

Posted by: CJ | Nov 23, 2010 9:14:58 AM

13. I wonder if Andy hates his blog sometimes. The people who comment here are pretty shitty.

Posted by: Fenrox | Nov 23, 2010 9:19:42 AM

14. Narcissistic Personality Disorder on parade.

Posted by: Tony X | Nov 23, 2010 9:29:58 AM

15. oh look, they featured a token black person and maybe a mixed-brown something again, yay... yup it does get better folks!

Posted by: lakas | Nov 23, 2010 9:42:47 AM

16. Like all things, quantity destroys quality.

These are cute, talented guys...but sometimes you just need to understand when you are just another internet fad and need to let yourselves go.

I still love, and adore the guys from Fire Island Pines who did Party in the USA...because they were original, only did one video, and had fun with it. These boys are trying to make a career and fame for themselves out of overproduced homevideos. Get real. Typical gay quest for celebrity status.

Posted by: Kevin | Nov 23, 2010 10:29:03 AM

17. I usually do find these videos gratingly self-indulgent, with little spark, wit or imagination, which of course can only be spun as 'rage' or 'bitterness' when I just call it 'having standards'. But this one was OK.

Posted by: Andrew | Nov 23, 2010 10:35:00 AM

18. I LUV BEING GAY!
    Our diversity is reflected in our comments!
    Gandhi said, "...there's room for us all." Yes, as long as we don't start punching and scratching :-)

Posted by: Daya | Nov 23, 2010 11:09:34 AM

19. This is what happens when Chateau Thombeau shuts down: houseboys run amok! Tsk.

Posted by: wtf | Nov 23, 2010 12:56:58 PM

20. I'm ENGORGED! I mean enraged!

Posted by: rob | Nov 23, 2010 1:55:26 PM

21. Well if the passive aggressive caveat from the owner of one of the most influential gay blogs to "those" venerated readers who could be so silly to be upset at the very things that marginalize us and are used against us enraged you, please find solace that at least it wasn't a bunch of straight guys dancing around in stereotypical behavior disguised as mock acceptance.

Posted by: Beef and Fur | Nov 23, 2010 2:03:22 PM

22. Sure, there's plenty of room for entertainment in the world, and this can be appreciated as such. But "provocative"? Exactly what is it provoking?

Posted by: Ben | Nov 23, 2010 2:34:08 PM

23. I love the fact that we are creative. BUT... gay kids are killing themselves and not a single dude in that video had equal rights.

In 50 years when queer kids ask how we fought for our rights, some folks will say "I didn't. I was making videos of boys in costumes dancing and lip synching. I let other people fight my battles."

How about some art that is relevant instead of art that keeps us from being relevant?

Posted by: Lonnie | Nov 23, 2010 4:29:26 PM

24. Is this like a clip from "The A List- the musical" ?

Posted by: jaragon | Nov 23, 2010 6:32:22 PM

25. I think these videos are fun, but can they *please* mime to a male vocal for a change?

Posted by: Jim Sydney | Nov 23, 2010 9:45:52 PM