Water Polo Team In Trouble For 'Inappropriate' Swimwear Design

Singapre

Singapore's national water polo team is in trouble for designing their new swimwear with an "inappropriate" placement of the crescent moon on the country's flag. According to the AP, "'We didn't have the slightest intention to do anything funny on our trunks to insult Singapore,' team manager Samuel Wong, who helped design the trunks."

Oops.

Comments

1. So they all curve to the left? Nice...

Posted by: GraphicJack | Nov 28, 2010 3:27:05 PM

2. LOL...

I guess it could be worse...the crescent moon could simulated a dick going up the ass.

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Nov 28, 2010 3:31:04 PM

3. Hot

Posted by: X | Nov 28, 2010 3:31:05 PM

4. Maybe it's just me, but that is...sort of hot. The guy on the left especially.

Not to make light of this or anything...

Posted by: Terry | Nov 28, 2010 3:34:29 PM

5. What is the correct way to salute the flag?

Posted by: justiceontherocks | Nov 28, 2010 3:35:08 PM

6. "'We didn't have the slightest intention to do anything funny on our trunks to insult Singapore,' team manager Samuel Wong, who helped design the trunks."

Sam Wong is either wickedly naughty or deeply, deeply dim.

Posted by: BobN | Nov 28, 2010 3:40:23 PM

7. "'We didn't have the slightest intention to do anything funny on our trunks to insult Singapore,' team manager Samuel Wong, who helped design the trunks."

Sam Wong is either wickedly naughty or deeply, deeply dim.

Posted by: BobN | Nov 28, 2010 3:40:34 PM

8. why are people so afraid of cock? it won't hurt you, promise. I really see nothing wrong with these swimsuits. some people just need to quit seeing dick everywhere.

Posted by: wtf | Nov 28, 2010 3:41:56 PM

9. GREAT design. I like it a lot. I especially like the placement of the crescent moon. I'd be delighted to help with private fittings. I live in NYC but I can be in Singapore within, oh, 18 hours or so. Is the phone number of the dude on the right available so I can make an appointment?

Posted by: Danny | Nov 28, 2010 3:47:12 PM

10. People get upset over the dumbest things.

Posted by: Max | Nov 28, 2010 3:53:03 PM

11. In other words, "So we ran this one up the flag pole but our people didn't salute."

Posted by: Philo | Nov 28, 2010 3:59:28 PM

12. Not a lot of space to work with on a speedo. People are so silly.

Posted by: Nathan | Nov 28, 2010 4:10:11 PM

13. I find it very............interesting..

Posted by: yellowdoggranny | Nov 28, 2010 4:10:42 PM

14. I plan to study the picture for a long time to figure out my opinion.

Posted by: Mrs. Sippi | Nov 28, 2010 4:18:35 PM

15. i think its the opposite of insulting. a dick isnt a bad thing, and historically its a symbol of power. i think the crescent is actually placed in the only appropriate place on the whole suit.

@WTF: the last time someone promised me that he almost split me in half. ;)

Posted by: pete | Nov 28, 2010 4:27:51 PM

16. @MAX You're right. I mean, U.S. swimmers have had stars on their suits and it was no problem. Of course, this is the country with the allegedly largest muslim population in the world, so I guess, as most muslims do, they're bound to get upset over the dumbest things.

Posted by: mikej | Nov 28, 2010 4:28:02 PM

17. I agree with WTF. There is nothing "insulting" about the fact that some people have penises.
    If the flag were on the back, would they be upset that the moon brings to mind "mooning?" And if the moon were on the side, would it be insulting that it appears hooked on the hipbone? And then what about the stars?
    Some poeple have penises; get over it.

@MikeJ: I think your confusing the tiny city-state of Singapore with their neighbor, Indonesia. Singapore has only 750,000 Muslims among their population of 5 million.

Posted by: GregV | Nov 28, 2010 4:51:14 PM

18. Singapore is a shame-based authoritarian democracy, much like the US.

Posted by: Bryan | Nov 28, 2010 5:18:38 PM

19. And, er, I'll have another Singapore Sling please...

Posted by: Randy | Nov 28, 2010 5:18:53 PM

20. Nothing inappropriate from my POV ;)

Posted by: ratbastard | Nov 28, 2010 5:21:07 PM

21. Funny, major fashion mistake. I don't understand the need for a flag on swimsuits. They cannot change them because the rule is the swimsuits the team wears on the first match are the swimsuits for the whole tournament.
    As a gay man, what an outfit for a party.

Posted by: Matt26 | Nov 28, 2010 5:36:45 PM

22. Ha, Look at the sign between the 2nd and 3rd guy, "sin."

Somebody's going to get an ass whipping! They do that for a lost less than this in Singapore.

Posted by: Naughty Boys | Nov 28, 2010 5:40:44 PM

23. come on, they're Asian! They should be flattered by the size of the moon has an enhancing effect.

Posted by: terry | Nov 28, 2010 5:54:34 PM

24. The guy on the far left does not have a swimmer's body at all.

Posted by: gayalltheway | Nov 28, 2010 6:21:49 PM

25. "The guy on the far left does not have a swimmer's body at all."

Cannon ball?