BigGayDeal.com

Water Polo Team In Trouble For 'Inappropriate' Swimwear Design

Singapre

Singapore's national water polo team is in trouble for designing their new swimwear with an "inappropriate" placement of the crescent moon on the country's flag. According to the AP, "'We didn't have the slightest intention to do anything funny on our trunks to insult Singapore,' team manager Samuel Wong, who helped design the trunks."

Oops.

Comments

1. It would be difficult to include the crescent and have space for the stars anywhere on the suit and not have it suggest a dick.

The guy on the left is surprisingly large for an Asian swimmer.

Posted by: Paul R | Nov 28, 2010 7:27:48 PM

2. What is the issue here????? IT IS NOT LIKE HAVE ANYTHING INSIDE OF OF THOSE TRUNKS OT SHOW ANYWAY!.....LOLOLOOL

Posted by: shannon | Nov 28, 2010 7:29:03 PM

3. I'm more concerned about the frilly bow on the headgear, and that it says "SIN" on the front.

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Nov 28, 2010 7:52:40 PM

4. Great racial profiling, Terry. No doubt you're the biggest one commenting.

Posted by: Tom | Nov 28, 2010 7:57:13 PM

5. Well, a lot of people who say they have a "swimmer's body" are not swimmers, so I guess that makes 'em even.

Meanwhile. I never was partial to swimmers. But I do like hunky Asian dudes.

Posted by: Danny | Nov 28, 2010 8:13:59 PM

6. Seriously, the comments about the guy on the right are ridiculous. He's beautiful. Heaven forbid the man might have a body that doesn't please the thin and svelte - mongers among us.

Posted by: Mrs. Sippi | Nov 28, 2010 9:48:32 PM

7. Oops left. Same comment.

Posted by: Mrs. Sippi | Nov 28, 2010 9:49:08 PM

8. "The guy on the left does not have a swimmer's body."

I would still fuck him.

Posted by: Philomena | Nov 28, 2010 9:54:48 PM

9. They don't have swimmer's bodies because they play water polo. It's like comparing track runners to football players just because they both run around in stadiums.

Posted by: Shnu | Nov 28, 2010 10:29:47 PM

10. Contrary to the opinions of wacked out fundamentalist crazies, there is nothing wrong with a penis. It is a wonderful thing.

Posted by: Tim Daily | Nov 28, 2010 11:20:06 PM

11. too much girth in the crescent?
    Ppl need to relax.

Posted by: LG Wilson | Nov 29, 2010 12:07:15 AM

12. You got to love the shameful looks on those guys' faces. It screams, "Yeah, we know we're not this big."

Posted by: Garst | Nov 29, 2010 2:44:11 AM

13. Well guys it isn't swimming, it is water polo and the teams need strong guys like the left one to defend. He may not have swimmer's body but surely he must be strong.

Posted by: Matt26 | Nov 29, 2010 3:50:00 AM

14. Yeah...those 'Asians' are all short, skinny, and kinda girlish [raises eyes]...THAT of course is a goofy, ignorant,even genuinely racist, viewpoint. 'Asians' come in all shapes and sizes. There are PLENTY of both muscular and heavyset 'Asians', not all 'Asians' are skinny and nerdy.

And the dude on the left is MUSCULAR. Professional swimmers are actually generally muscular and don't have the bodies of skinny,undeveloped 13 year old boys...which appears to be a recurring fantasy some gay men have.

ALL 3 dudes look A-OK to me; I'd do 'em.

Posted by: ratbastard | Nov 29, 2010 6:35:05 AM

15. ROFLOL hysterical...

Posted by: Carlos | Nov 29, 2010 8:18:12 AM

16. Ladies! Ladies! Remember we are talking about Singapore, where they flog you for kissing in public. These guys are lucky they're not in prison.

Posted by: wimsy | Nov 29, 2010 10:23:01 AM

17. When I looked at the picture I began to wonder what the fuss was about. After reading the article I had to go look at the picture again. As I began to use some imagination I finally began to see the moon as defining something else, but I had to use a lot of imagery. Theirs was no worse than a lot of other teams. Sorry, but the suits look like normal racing swimwear to me.

Posted by: Bear | Nov 29, 2010 1:17:53 PM

18. @GREGV You are absolutely right! Thank you very much for the correction. It is Indonesia, not Singapore.

Posted by: mikej | Nov 29, 2010 3:07:01 PM

19. I'd really like to get my hands on a pair of those trunks. With or without a man in them!

Posted by: JIM | Nov 29, 2010 4:32:48 PM

20. @Danny : Swimmers are my favourite.......they're all just yummy !

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Nov 29, 2010 5:00:12 PM

21. Having lived in Singapore for many years...and abided by their many many rules...it is probably time for their government to "lighten up a bit". Believe it or not, these innocents could be hauled off to jail and receive a very hefty fine for this..so called..defamation to government. Isn't there enough to worry about with our World today? This is almost beyond rediculous...

Posted by: KG | Nov 29, 2010 7:44:37 PM

22. Water Polo should be played naked with only team colors on the headgear. Who can see the trunks when they're underwater anyway? Also, this would cut down on the nefarious practice in the sport of pulling on swim trunks to limit an opponents movements. It's not unusual for them to get ripped right off during a competition.

Posted by: anon | Nov 29, 2010 8:54:49 PM