About the Banner | Art and Design | Nature | New York | News | towleroad

About the Banner #46 and #47

Towleroad189

I photographed the two most recent banners at Storm King Art Center about an hour north of New York City, in late October.

Check out the larger shots they come from, AFTER THE JUMP...

Towleroad190

Stormking1

Click to make them a bit larger.

Storm King is really a great day trip for anyone in the New York area. It's 500 acres of gorgeous landscape and outdoor sculptures. I was blessed to visit it at the height of the leaf season.

The serpentine stone wall above is by Andy Goldsworthy.

For more of our banners, click HERE.

Stormking2

Comments

1. I do so enjoy these--keep up the great work!

Posted by: Brad Dunshee | Dec 9, 2010 8:13:07 PM

2. I have a movie on Goldsworthy that I share with my sculpture students, the wall blows their minds. He is a genius in my opinion. I have not been to Storm King, but have seen his work here in Michigan at Meijer Gardens in Grand Rapids. Epic stuff.
    Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: Tom McMillen-Oakley | Dec 9, 2010 8:44:55 PM

3. Beautiful pictures!

Posted by: GaryJ | Dec 10, 2010 5:30:12 AM

4. I really enjoy these banners, it's always interesting to see what you come up with.

Posted by: greg | Dec 10, 2010 8:27:42 AM

5. I discovered Storm King last spring. It is an amazing place. A treasure. I loved seeing your banner of Goldsworthy's serpentine stone wall.

Posted by: jtbnyc | Dec 10, 2010 9:47:26 AM

6. You have a wonderful eye, Andy!Your banners are always great and remind me of the Japanese tradition of hanging scrolls to commemorate the seasonal fluctuations in Nature's grand plan.

I have always wondered about the story behind the beautiful blue-striped moray eel you had up last year.Did you forget about that one?

Posted by: KEW | Jan 12, 2011 8:13:55 PM

7. Your effect has been seen by us.you will be famous.because your article really is perfect.thank you.

Posted by: Oakley Sunglasses UK | Jun 4, 2011 4:25:53 AM

8. Long time no see such a good paper,It gives me inspiration and inspiration.To the author to say thank you,
    Hope you to create more good work.

Posted by: Cheap NHL Jerseys | Oct 31, 2011 3:40:46 AM