David Beckham | News | Tattoo

Photo: David Beckham Gets a Chest Tatt

Tatt

David Beckham will apparently not be satisfied until his entire body is inked. He posted this moody shot to his Facebook page last week, saying, "I want to let you all in on something. Just had a new tattoo done by the legendary Mark Mahoney. Took six hours!"

Comments

1. Seriously, I'm out. I like a few good tat's but this is just not looking good.

Posted by: RONTEX | Dec 21, 2010 10:53:31 AM

2. Aspiring double-wide occupant.

Posted by: Rad | Dec 21, 2010 10:53:53 AM

3. Awesome! ^^ I'm guessing these guys are old.

Posted by: HA! | Dec 21, 2010 10:57:43 AM

4. Actually Hai, I'm 25. It's just that when he's 60 and his skin looks like a saggy blouse that's not going to be pretty.

Posted by: RONTEX | Dec 21, 2010 11:05:37 AM

5. I'm not old -- and the whole tattoo thing is quite repulsive, as well as inexplicable. It's like a return to some pre-civilized, tribal society. I expect these inked freaks to next eat with their feet and hang from trees.

Posted by: Bob | Dec 21, 2010 11:09:42 AM

6. I don't have a problem with tattoos but I find moderation most tasteful.

Posted by: Wes | Dec 21, 2010 11:12:44 AM

7. It is "nice" to see ageing shows also in him. I am not a big fan of tattoos and in my opinion he looked better without them.
    This latest style is not showing him at his best.
    @Rontex: I think the same way.

Posted by: Matt26 | Dec 21, 2010 11:13:08 AM

8. Comparing inked people to cavemen and circus freaks is like comparing homos to women and perverts. Only on is more accurate.

Posted by: D.R.H. | Dec 21, 2010 11:36:46 AM

9. Six hours ? on a fashion car-wreck ?

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Dec 21, 2010 11:42:07 AM

10. As someone who is in the process of becoming fairly heavily tattooed I find it pretty funny when people say 'what happens when you're old and saggy?'. I tell them I'll be old, saggy and tattooed, while they'll just be old and saggy. We all get old, and I actually like the aging process. It reminds us that time is important.

My tattoos will be blurry, faded reminders of a time in my life when I began to understand that my body is truly mine, and that I like the process of telling my story on my skin.

And if Becks was into a 3 way I'd be down, tattoos and all. He's not my type, but I'd do it for my boyfriend who has had a crush on him for 12 years.

Posted by: JP | Dec 21, 2010 11:43:46 AM

11. When will this madness stop?? Once a guy gets past 2"x2" of ink in one or two (discrete) places, it's gone too far.

Buff it, shave it, pluck it, or tan it; but stop with the ink.

Posted by: Ted B. (Charging Rhino) | Dec 21, 2010 11:48:23 AM

12. Thanks, JP. As a fellow tat enthusiast (14 and counting) I always find it funny when people worry about my old, saggy, inked skin. As if their skin is going to dewy fresh. Tat discrimination -- I guess it's the next hot thing. :-| So accepting.

Posted by: Hodzer | Dec 21, 2010 12:34:05 PM

13. You know Tattoos go back to biblical times. Tattoos were once necessary for a particular tribe so that they could recognize each other without dragging their trailer along.

Posted by: ggreen | Dec 21, 2010 12:45:13 PM

14. And, yet, reading all these enlightened comments makes me appreciate how more open-minded and accepting my tattooed friends are. Wow, I guess I need to pump up, pluck, dye, shave or do all those other acceptable boi things.

Have a great holiday season all!

Posted by: Hodzer | Dec 21, 2010 12:53:06 PM

15. Yeah, tats may look a little odd when the skin gets wrinkly and saggy, but there are going to be a lot of other people with old, saggy, wrinkly, inked skin.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Dec 21, 2010 12:54:25 PM

16. Beckham is undeniably good-looking, but for whatever reason he's never turned me on. He and Posh are really plastic and fake. Does that b*tch have any facial expression other than a scowl?

Posted by: ratbastard | Dec 21, 2010 1:01:12 PM

17. Well said, JP! And what's with the borderline racism-- a pre-civilized, tribal society? As if there's something wrong with tribal rituals and tribe members? Come on folks, live and let live already.

Posted by: rob | Dec 21, 2010 1:38:06 PM

18. I'm not knocking people getting tat's and of course we will all get older and saggy. I just don't want to look like I'm wearing a stretched out Ed Hardy t-shirt when I'm 60.

Posted by: RONTEX | Dec 21, 2010 1:41:09 PM

19. I dont have any tats but id rather be with a guy with tats than an over plucked, shaved, orange skinned queen, like so many on here seem to aspire to.

Posted by: Rovex | Dec 21, 2010 1:51:51 PM

20. You said it Rovex! I love my tattoos and could care less if any uptight Nancy does.

Posted by: Grant | Dec 21, 2010 4:11:55 PM

21. I'm not into tats much, but I can overlook them to get to that breathtaking happy trail. Yummers!

Posted by: fred | Dec 21, 2010 4:15:44 PM

22. The Suicide Girls said it best regarding tattoos and aging.

"Even when I'm old and saggy, I'll still be more interesting than you."

It never ceases to amaze me that as a so-called community you'll force us to find some crazy connection with every person who isn't "heteronormative" but then rail against people with tattoos and other body mods.

Make up your minds. It's ok to do drag, it's ok to have SRS, but it's not ok to engage in heavy tattooing and body modification?!?

Posted by: DR | Dec 21, 2010 4:42:50 PM

23. NOT having a tat is the new rebellious thing, they're over.

Posted by: Squire | Dec 21, 2010 4:46:06 PM

24. I'm so over tattoos.

Posted by: sensei | Dec 21, 2010 4:59:58 PM

25. To each his own - love guys with Tats, but not on their faces :)

Posted by: jake | Dec 21, 2010 5:35:10 PM