Music | Music Video | News | Sam Sparro

Watch: Sam Sparro Wears a Retro Coat of Many Colors in His New 'Pink Cloud' Music Video

Sparro

Didn't Ke$ha just do this day-glo make-up thing? In any case, this seems a video and track you'll either love or hate depending on your past relationship with dance music.

Writes Sparro: "I wanted to something purely artists before the album's release as a tribute to artists I loved arists like Masters at Work, Black Box, Maurice Fulton, and Todd Terry. The song is a tribute to the house music I grew up with. It's the first time I've released a single where I'm not the featured vocalist."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. so homo tacky, very west hollywood.

Posted by: me | Dec 23, 2010 12:54:35 PM

2. Good sound and fun video, but I was hoping for something on par with Black and Gold...oh well, I guess I'll have to wait for the next one.

Posted by: gayermo | Dec 23, 2010 1:09:04 PM

3. Sam's voice is what I enjoy most while listening to his music. It's a shame to let it go to waste. Though it is nice to see an artist doing whatever they feel inspired to do.

Posted by: Thomas | Dec 23, 2010 2:39:22 PM

4. ok, i guess i applaud him for following his bliss, but there's not much here to match the brilliance of black & gold, is there?

Posted by: kyle | Dec 23, 2010 4:13:27 PM

5. Good sound and fun video, but I was hoping for something on par with Black and Gold...oh well, I guess I'll have to wait for the next one.

Posted by: New Era Hat | Dec 23, 2010 10:11:17 PM

6. I really enjoy it it. I think it's harder to get into if you're a fan of Sam Sparro's voice, but he's really reaching into a lot of musical roots with that. I'm sure more people would have liked it if he had taken a Hercules & Love Affair sort of tack and performed it himself, but I think that's part of the challenge for him, as an artist.

It's clear that lots of what he does and what he loves about making music comes from old school house music and I think it's a thoughtful (and probably very difficult) way of showing us his how he founds voice thanks the voices of others.

Posted by: HUH | Dec 24, 2010 5:03:28 AM

7. Maybe one should listen to the original Deee-lite song that he is blatantly ripping. Would be nice if these new artists (Caca) weren't ripping the music I grew up dancing to. I'm still alive, I still remember and I'm still dancing.

Posted by: Brion | Dec 27, 2010 12:59:07 AM