Chris Colfer | Christmas | Darren Criss | Glee | News

Watch: Darren Criss and Chris Colfer Duet in 'Baby It's Cold Outside'

Cold

Glee's Darren Criss and Chris Colfer duet on "Baby It's Cold Outside" in a preview from Glee's holiday episode.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. What the hell is wrong with you people? Seriously, this is a sweet duet...there is no guarantee these boys are together or not, but it doesn't matter. they are sweet and cute...they don't have to fit the mold of anything...they are just being who they are!! For crying out loud...bitch, bitch, bitch!! You people are never fucking satisfied!!

Posted by: paul | Dec 3, 2010 7:34:55 PM

2. This is completely groundbreaking television that brought tears to my eyes. No they don't jump each others bones and make out but they are both gay characters flirting a little bit while harmonizing beautifully and calling each other baby. Remember the days where Ellen's coming out episode caused such a stir? Oprah said AGAIN a few months back that she has never gotten more hate mail during her career than when she played Ellen's therapist in that episode. Take it in, guys, quit being cynical. Listen to these boys SING to each other, dammit!!

Posted by: AJ | Dec 3, 2010 9:04:55 PM

3. Yes, this discussion is about fictional characters in a television series. But the part of Kurt was actually patterned on Chris Colfer, the actor. That's obvious if you've seen any Colfer interviews since he's become a celebrity. This isn't Franklin Pangborn doing his pansy bit. This is a young gay man cast close to type. The people who jumped right into these comments with demeaning and insulting remarks are doing the same thing as the high school bullies and fag bashers -- policing gender expressions. This simply is naked cruelty. We're supposed to be making things better.

Posted by: Mudduck | Dec 3, 2010 9:50:10 PM

4. Yes, anyone who could possibly take exception to chris colfer's portrayal of gay youth in terms of its perpetuation of tried and true stereotypes is WORSE THAN HITLER, GODDAMNIT! HITLER! WORSE THAN!

Posted by: TANK | Dec 3, 2010 10:01:09 PM

5. LOL! ...of some non-flamboyant gay guy being forced to sing showtunes and mince about to a pack of effeminate gay men holding a gun trained at him, demanding that he, "make it better...or else".

Posted by: TANK | Dec 3, 2010 10:04:16 PM

6. Sorry but the Chris Colfer character is fluttering his eyelids and practically SKIPPING around the room. What straight person is going to take him seriously as a man--and what gay man would find that behavior atrractive. I call bullshit on all you guys defending femme dudes. I think anyone has the right to be effeminate and should not be condemned for it. However, truth be told, most of the guys here acting all outraged would never be interested in a guy who acted like that. This is especially true because most guys like this are mean, bitchy, high drama, and high maintenance. Not exactly the package deal I'm looking for.

Posted by: Jay | Dec 3, 2010 10:09:34 PM

7. Glee might have characters that are stereotypes and plenty of camp but its there to be broken down by honest drama. Having such concentrated personalities in close proximity causes conflict which is a lot more interesting and memorable to a viewer than if they were all "normal" and adjusted.

I like Kurt's character for exactly who he is. Unapologetically gay, unable to hide or assimilate. I dont find him unbelievably sexy, but his character has a pride and self respect that is very attractive. The jock or "normal" guy who is gay has already been done enough and avoids a lot of the irrational and hateful feelings people have of glbt people in terms of gender perception all together. It still surprises me to hear gays that give credit to the bigoted idea that fem = wrong instead of a "why the hell should it matter to you" attitude.

Posted by: Toto | Dec 3, 2010 10:51:52 PM

8. FYI... The "your lips taste delicious" line is in the full version on iTunes.

Posted by: J.P. | Dec 3, 2010 11:17:01 PM

9. Chris needs replaced with a super hottie. He is a 3 out of 10 for hotness. Anyone not rocking a down syndrome look like him would be better.

Posted by: Karl | Dec 4, 2010 1:13:19 AM

10. Fast clap for Jay, and many others. For Tank? It's a not much love day. People are who they are - when they think it's right for them, but also because that's just who they are. There are extremes and embarrassments for both feminine and masculine behavior, but also many positive attributes. I think that this show not only is entertaining, but also that it is pushing forward acceptance. As many others have noted, more than one "type" is represented. And that has happened, like, when else? A flirtatious duet between two male characters, in prime time, not for laughs, or drama, but for fun, in the most positive sense- and it's leaked ahead of time to generate buzz (of the positive variety). Again- when else?

Posted by: TJ | Dec 4, 2010 1:32:38 AM

11. And to clarify - the Jay comments I'm lauding bear no resemblance to the one visible a few posts above mine. Trust, when I first felt such a crush, skipping is exactly what my heart wanted the rest of me to perform.

Posted by: TJ | Dec 4, 2010 1:48:09 AM

12. These two in this way are more than a little ridiculous. The song is for a man and woman. Period.

Posted by: Barry | Dec 4, 2010 2:08:03 AM

13. Towleroad = Queerty

The cycle is complete. We now return you to endless posts on Kylie, Kylie, Kylie.

Posted by: Mike | Dec 4, 2010 2:11:13 AM

14. I want every whiny fag here who criticizes other gay men for being too "girly" or "nelly" to back it up with video footage proving that you're a fucking grizzled lumberjack living in the mountains, killing bears with your bare hands. If you have the nerve to judge other people's masculinity you must be a fucking paragon of it yourself. Right?

I'm waiting.

Posted by: Eshto | Dec 4, 2010 6:50:22 AM

15. OK, I'm not a hater. I love Kurt's character. But I have to say that I was a little disappointed with the song. I was really looking forward to it. In fact, I was planning to include it in my annual Christmas mix CD that I give to family and friends for the holidays. I especially wanted to play it for my gay friends who don't watch "Glee" and who would be excited about hearing "Baby, it's Cold Outside" performed by two guys. But when I first heard the song, I couldn't get over how high Kurt's voice is. He sounds just like a woman. Many of those unfamiliar with the recording would probably think it is a man and a woman singing. So, unfortunately, to me this song doesn't stand out because it doesn't sound like two men singing a romantic song to each other.

Posted by: piernudo | Dec 4, 2010 7:21:18 AM

16. GUYS...The fem bashing is RAT BASTARD!!!

Rat bastard has homophobic, self hatred and posts under every thread about how he has disdain for fem gay men. HE POSTS UNDER DIFFERENT NAMES. Do not be fooled!

This RAT BASTARD character is a nut job fixated on gays all being "manly"....please realize this is not the commentary of various posters but one hateful crazed wack job.

Posted by: IonMusic | Dec 4, 2010 8:02:56 AM

17. Non Fey Gay Characters on TV in 2010 (Picking up where Jay left off)

Heath and Grant (Greek)

Luke , Noah, Reid (As The World Turns)

Oliver and Kyle (One Life to Live)

Brian and Steve (Sarah Silverman Program)

Austin (Ugly Betty)

Griffin and Peter (Secret Life of American Teenagers

Zane and Riley (Degrassi)

That's just in 2010. I'm sure I missed some but of the shows I watch, that's a pretty long list.

Boys should get to be whomever the frack they are and be proud and out and loved. But this idea that there is only ONE kind of gay male character on television is not only inaccurate but about 20-years outdated.

Posted by: Pickles | Dec 4, 2010 8:04:14 AM

18. Why do "straight acting" gay men always want to SCREAM out to everyone (especially fellow gays) how "straight acting" they are?
    From my many personal experiences, those gay men hyper sensitive about maculinity and all gay men act in a "straight acting" manner have never really come to terms with their sexuality, have never fully accepted the fact that they are gay or what gay is...and yes, internalized homophobia is bolted in their idenity.
    "Straight acting" gay men are usually the type to go out of their way to appear straight out & about, strictly be in the company of gay men who are straight appearing, and are generally obsessed with the notion of being straight percieved by the public....minus the bedroom
    To me, and most all HEALTHY MINDED gay men...being fully out means not giving a sh*t...not giving a damn when others think I'm gay, or if I have an effiminate moment, or if the amazing friend I befriended happens to be fem.
    Most healthy minded gay men who are OUT realize the essence of coming out is being less judgmental toward yourself and the community you just became a part of.
    "Straight acting" gay men notably have one foot out the closets door looking with envy at the gay men who don't give a sh*t, and the other foot shivering inside the closet for fear of being identified as gay (GASP!)

Posted by: Atlantalawyer | Dec 4, 2010 8:17:53 AM

19. "str8 acting" is just that...an act. If those "str8 acting" gay men were truly straight they:
    A.) Would not have to announce your masculinity to the world.
    B.) Would not give a hoot how others act
    C.) You REALLY wanna be "straight acting"....go skrew a chick and eat her out. Now THAT'S straight acting, not a *gay* hurling ignorance toward other gay men for appearing gay. That's called delusion, self hatred, and serious therapy which can't be cured on a comments section of a blog.

There have been fem gay men throughout history, there will always be fem gay men throughout history, they are part of our community just as elderly gays, overweight gays, shy gays, rich gays, poor gays, outspoken gays ...are part of our community. If you take issue over how someone acts in the GAY community, my dear friend, you picked the wrong community to be a part of cuz this here community of ours is ALLLLLLLLLL about embracing our differences fem or not.

Posted by: MitchelJ. | Dec 4, 2010 8:31:01 AM

20. Pickles, it's not that "masculine" gay men think there is only one representation of gay characters on television, it's that they want all gay men to act the same; in so many words, like closet cases. To shed any element of themselves that identifies themselves as gay. These are the same men who make idiotic statements like "I don't wear my sexuality on my sleeve" or "I don't have a rainbow bumper sticker on my car" and where do you think they get these cliches and mentality from? They've sadly adopted it from hetrosexuals, homo hating hetrosexuals, and they don't even realize it.

I guess my question to the O so manly gay men who commented in the first page is, how is your belittling of a gay person for their mannerisms and insulting them with name calling any different than the anti gay bullies who tormented our gay suicide victims?

Either you are for or against anti gay bullying, and you can't exactly deounce anti gay bullying all while calling a effimine gay man a "nellie, queen, girl, fag, ick, get a sex change"

Issues. Work em' out fellas.

Posted by: -DC05- | Dec 4, 2010 8:56:28 AM

21. Ya' bitch cause there are no gay characters on TV....then when they finally "break the wall"....ya' bitch because he's not portrayed they way you think he should be ( although he is very much like any number of people that you socialize with every day)...then when it all gets a little forward momentum....ya' bitch because the characters aren't humping like rabbits in a cage....for what it's worth...if you stop bitching and just watch...you might see that it is very much like most of our lives...tangled, confusing at times...and often entertaining....

Posted by: Len | Dec 4, 2010 9:30:49 AM

22. Glee is the stylized musical version of Degrassi: The Next Generation. 2002-2007 had tortured freshman twink Marco Del Rossi going through his painful coming out process and eventually hooking up with senior jock hockey star Dylan Michalchuk. The writing and acting alternated between dreadful and brilliant, but the overall result was gripping. Anyone who thinks high school soap operas like Glee, Degrassi, 90210 are only made for and watched by high schoolers is kidding themselves.

Posted by: freestuffffff | Dec 4, 2010 12:24:58 PM

23. @ATLANTALAWYER: Thank you so much for your thoughtful and insightful comment. It's nice to see an intelligent post in this discussion. I agree with you 100%. For many years, I was a macho "straight acting" and "straight looking" gay guy. I felt nothing but disgust for "effeminate" gays and people who went to gay pride parades wearing rainbow speedos or whatever. The whole time I was so full of self-hatred I don't know how I survived. So I actually feel sorry for the "manly" gay men here who are always bashing "nelly" queens. Once they actually do accept themselves then their bitterness and false sense of superiority will go away, hopefully.

Posted by: LARRY CRAIG (NOT THAT ONE) | Dec 4, 2010 7:23:53 PM

24. They should have found a way for Kurt to stand over a subway grate and let the air from the passing trains blow up his skirt. By the end of next season he'll probably be dressing like Carmen Miranda doing the samba during musical numbers with a bowl of fruit on his head. I'm sure this will get even more queens squealing with delight over this positive portrayal of gay men on mainstream television.

Posted by: Jayson | Dec 5, 2010 3:09:12 AM

25. I love this song, plus, I love the two characters, Kurt, and Blaine....I know blaine better as 'Harry Potter' in avpm. Either way I am upset that they cut out the third verse....I belive...but they did cut one of the verses. Other then that I loved it....but the full song would be nice...(favorite part of the song actually)

Posted by: Iz | Dec 5, 2010 3:59:25 AM