Don't Ask, Don't Tell | Military | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Day Two of 'DADT' Hearings in 9 Minutes

Hearings

Thanks to Igor Volsky at Wonk Room this.

"During the second day of hearings, the Service Chiefs disagreed on whether to proceed with immediate repeal during a time of war, but all concurred their respective branches could implement repeal and that Congress should act to prevent the court from ordering the military to lift the ban without a proper implementation process. The Service Chiefs also hinted that they could support eventual repeal and said they trusted Secretary of Defense Robert Gates to consider their views before ordering the Armed Forces to lift the ban."

Watch the highlight reel, AFTER THE JUMP...

More at Wonk Room.

Comments

1. I love that Marines have now been proven to be the stupid muscle head bigots that most have assumed --- the best my ass

and they are all bottoms in the bedroom for SOME reason

Posted by: walter t boned | Dec 3, 2010 4:58:11 PM

2. @Walter- ain't that the truth. I see more beefcake tattooed with U.S.M.C at gay clubs than any other branch of the service, despite having a strong navy and air force presence in the city where I live.

Posted by: jexer | Dec 3, 2010 6:11:55 PM

3. Wow! My impression of their testimony is that they now realize that the jig is up and this is gonna happen.

Posted by: Dave | Dec 3, 2010 7:54:32 PM

4. Here's your training. Yes they are gay, leave them alone - do you job.

Wonder how long of a friggin power point they need for that?

Posted by: Chris | Dec 4, 2010 4:50:26 AM

5. You've got it, Chris. All the training they need in ten words.

Posted by: Agcons | Dec 4, 2010 5:40:27 AM

6. My hat's off to the last politician ( the Democrat from Colorado ) who asked his colleagues to vote for repeal during the lame duck session of Congress and additionally got the various military chiefs to concur that each one of them is for the repeal DADT once and for all, whether it's an immediate or gradual implementation. Watching this CSPAN video gives me hope that maybe this homophobic discriminatory policy-- DADT-- will finally come to an end.

Posted by: Frederick | Dec 4, 2010 2:29:00 PM

7. What I found striking was that even the chiefs who said, "not right now" said that the policy should be repealed at some time in the near future. I wish someone had asked them to explain why they believed the policy should be repealed. Then we could have a military leader saying the policy is unfair or hurts effectiveness by removing qualified personel and disrupting units.

Posted by: Matt S. | Dec 5, 2010 12:08:52 AM