Comments

1. GothProf says

what kind of hateful MISOGYNISTIC crap is this?! Sexed up dead women hanging like decorations- When will the music video industry STOP objectifying women- beaten and dead women are eroticized on a daily basis in ads, music videos, films. This is a disgrace.

2. says

Guy Bourdin meets George A. Romero… Nicki kills it on her verse–seriously. (I was in the car the first time I heard this remix, and almost got into an accident when her verse came on.) Why are her features always so much hotter than her own songs?

3. ratbastard says

Rap as an ‘Art’ form has ALWAYS been about:

Celebrating socio-pathic behavior

EXTREME narcissism

EXTREME misogyny

EXTREME homophobia

EXTREME hate

Racism

Celebrating ignorant ‘Life-Style Choices’

4. damien says

That is fantastic! Although, I’m not sure how they are going to censor this enough for it to get played on television. (Wherever they still play music videos on television.)

Also, you may need to give a warning to those who go and seek this out. (I found it on Twitter, since the one above was removed.) Because I’m pretty sure somewhere between severed heads and Nicki Minaj giving herself a lap dance, this video is NSFW :)

5. RW says

@Ratbastard

You mean like every Hollywood movie made in the past 30+ years?

And for you to make such a blanket statement about all rap music proves you don’t know what the fukkk you’re talking about. So please, just STFU.

6. ratbastard says

NO, I do know what I’m talking about.

And yes, a lot of pop culture celebrates the same stuff.

Sex sells. ‘Taboo’ sells even better

Violence sells

‘Bad’ attitude sells

The dark side of human nature sells

7. Toro Castano says

Anyone who would like to understand hip hop or rap as a strategy for blacks and other minorities read: “Hip-Hop vs. High Art: Notes on Race as Spectacle,” in Art Journal
    Volume 63, No. 2, Summer 2004: 4-19 by Derek Conrad Murray. Not the definitive piece and not wholly correct but a great starting point to understanding the art form, the form, and the music as a strategy for re-encoding things like wealth and other things traditionally out of reach of many minorities.

8. Really says

I can’t believe this is on here. What does this have to do with gay news at all?? This is disgusting & I’m debating whether to ever read Towleroad again.
    Disgusting video. Be a fan if you’d like but he deserves no attention on this site at least.