Elizabeth Edwards | News | Westboro Baptist Church

Westboro Baptist Church to Picket Elizabeth Edwards Funeral

Ee
The Westboro Baptist Church has announced plans to picket the funeral of Elizabeth Edwards. Hopefully, there will be some kind of effort to block the swine.

Their hateful flyer, AFTER THE JUMP...

Wbc_edwards

Comments

1. Yet you help them with publicity. Ignoring the mindless drivel of these assholes would do more good than giving them the attention you just did.

Posted by: PugsRule | Dec 9, 2010 10:51:53 AM

2. the day some NUT/ or Hero depending on how you view it....takes a machine gun to these assholes.......it will be a day that ALOT of Americans say "FINALLY" !!!

Posted by: Disgusted American | Dec 9, 2010 10:52:44 AM

3. If there truly were a just and righteous god, she would smote Fred Phelps and clan.

Posted by: K in VA | Dec 9, 2010 10:54:17 AM

4. Now, what does the Supreme Court says about this?

Posted by: Chris in Irvine | Dec 9, 2010 10:58:31 AM

5. their madness has reached a fever pitch.

Posted by: TomChicago | Dec 9, 2010 11:00:39 AM

6. I've never read anything like this. The sad part: there are people who swallow this up.

But, I've learned a new word

"GODSMACKS"

What a bunch of assholes.

Posted by: jtramon | Dec 9, 2010 11:05:08 AM

7. GOOD.

Let the rest of the nation see what gays have known for years...

Posted by: pete N sfo | Dec 9, 2010 11:17:38 AM

8. Does God just hate everybody? He/She seems like kind of a dick if you ask me.

Posted by: crispy | Dec 9, 2010 11:17:55 AM

9. Isn't GODSMAKCS a cereal?

Posted by: CS | Dec 9, 2010 11:24:32 AM

10. They need to arrest these people at the gravesite and lock them all up. I'll personally swallow the key.

Posted by: Jack M | Dec 9, 2010 11:25:35 AM

11. it is about time for these pieces of shit just go away. people need to start protesting them and their tax exempt organization. i hope if their is a god he has some terrible punishment for fred and his entire inbred family and i hope he does it soon.

Posted by: walter | Dec 9, 2010 11:25:46 AM

12. Chris in Irvine,

FYI-

This has been upheld in the Supreme Court just recently.

I will say however, that if there were EVER a case when the Constitution should be amended, curtailing "fgree speech" picketing funerals should make the case for it.

Posted by: customartist | Dec 9, 2010 11:27:03 AM

13. the people of south carolina should turn out by the thousands to protest the phelps cult and run them right back to kansas.

Posted by: walter | Dec 9, 2010 11:28:45 AM

14. Is there ANY greater honor than being picketed by WBC?

I will consider my life an utter failure if my funeral isn't picketed by them. You know that you've done something right if they do and you simply haven't done enough if they don't.

Posted by: TampaZeke | Dec 9, 2010 11:48:48 AM

15. WBC will get what they deserve. I'm sure God isn't happy with what they carry out "In the Name of God."

Posted by: Blaze Fireheart | Dec 9, 2010 11:55:52 AM

16. Not that logic and the WBC have anything to do with one another, but what in the blue hell are they upset about? Her son died in a car accident. Her husband couldn't keep it in his pants. How do they get she's in hell over those two things.

Posted by: JusticeontheRocks | Dec 9, 2010 11:57:10 AM

17. It is incumbent upon the citizens of NC and specifically Raleigh to step up and counter this horrific act.....May she rest in Peace and may this hate be shielded from her children!!!

Posted by: alexInBoston | Dec 9, 2010 11:57:18 AM

18. So, where is the Christian charity and kindness? This is appalling and so sad for Elizabeth’s family as they try to say good-bye to this dignified and lovely women.

And, I do thing GODSMACK is a cereal and it is super yummy

Posted by: Frank | Dec 9, 2010 12:00:44 PM

19. Well Godsmack is a great song by the band Alice in Chains ... and also a Band (that is a clear "sound alike AiC") called Godsmack.

Posted by: Allen | Dec 9, 2010 12:02:38 PM

20. And new in the news, Fred Phelps will be reincarnated as a dung beetle.

Posted by: ophu | Dec 9, 2010 12:03:55 PM

21. Those goofs should stay in N.C. They'll fit right in.

Posted by: JT | Dec 9, 2010 12:10:58 PM

22. Disgusting.

Posted by: bklynbryan | Dec 9, 2010 12:16:52 PM

23. Again, I'm going to say, all you are doing is giving them publicity. This group only continues to exist because we pay attention to them. Can we stop, please?

Posted by: HellsKitchen | Dec 9, 2010 12:18:35 PM

24. All I can say is that I bet Fred Phelps is going to have a very interesting funeral himself. Right or wrong, thats karma right there.

Posted by: Justin | Dec 9, 2010 12:27:32 PM

25. I'm sorry but, long accustomed to these demented primates, I burst out laughing in more than one place at this new incarnation of their unbelievable garbage. If it weren't serious it would be comedy from the only hell there is, some human minds and actions. I don't want these people restrained, I want them tortured.

Posted by: Barry | Dec 9, 2010 12:28:23 PM