Military | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: AFA Blames Anger Over Lewd Navy Videos on 'DADT' Repeal, Worries Scandal Will Curtail Anti-Gay Speech

Afa

The American Family Association weighs in on the lewd Navy video controversy, blames it on the repeal of 'DADT', and worries that it might stop hateful language against gay people.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

(via good as you)

Comments

1. "Is it an indication that if any body dares say anything negative about homosexuality, or homosexuals, that it's going to be made public very quickly, and those individuals, who dare say anything about homosexuality in a negative way, are going to be outed themselves?"

If by "outed", you mean "exposed for the bigots that they are, and no longer supported in their efforts to harrass GLBT people with impunity", then yes. That's exactly what it means. Homophobia is a Biblically justifiable but no longer socially acceptable bias. Get used to it.

Posted by: The Milkman | Jan 4, 2011 10:01:03 AM

2. Hate speech is hate speech.

If you say something hateful, illogical and not supported by scientific and statistical evidence in public forums or in a workplace about ethnic minorities and religious folks, then you are censured or you lose your job.

Same should be the case for hate speech directed at homosexuals.

I tell my niece this all the time: religion is NOT an excuse to discriminate against others based on their identities. A supernatural belief system is not a license to exclude, abuse, or discriminate.

Posted by: brenda | Jan 4, 2011 10:11:52 AM

3. The simple answer is, "Yes."

Posted by: Keith | Jan 4, 2011 10:13:15 AM

4. Yes that's right. We fought back and now you're losing your right to publicly hate us, just like you lost the war over racial integration too.

What as yet unprotected group will you turn to now for your daily fix of hate? Golfers? Yes they're terribly perverse aren't they, what will all that talk of balls and sticks and holes.

Posted by: Tone | Jan 4, 2011 10:18:26 AM

5. Just remember, there are tons of churches, mosques, and synagogues out there that are 100% support of the LGBT community. Mine is.

These idiots at FRC are on such thin ice Biblically you wouldn't believe. This is hate, pure and simple. How dare they load that hate on their faith. It's just blasphemy to say what they do.

Just remember, all it takes for evil to exist is for good men (and women) to say nothing. These fools have gotten away in silence far too long. Thank heaven people are starting to stand up and expose them for what they are. There is not one shred of Christianity in them.

Posted by: Craig | Jan 4, 2011 10:26:54 AM

6. I watched the whole video and found it utterly disgraceful. My father served in the Navy for 20 years, and they did crazy things then, especially at the equator. But with all the talk of good behavior and discipline during the DADT debate recently, it goes to show that not all people are created equal and held to the same standard. No private company would tolerate this, and our armed forces shouldn't either. I find it amazing that The Virginian Pilot picked this up, they are a conservative newspaper more inclined to Fox News style journalism. Good for them! Beyond the gay slurs, foul language, and misogyny toward women in the video, there is a lot of other bad behavior that is just wrong on any level too. I guess the AFA is OK with this type of behavior of boys being boys being shown to children then? This shouldn't just be about gay slurs, it should be about bad behavior over all.

Posted by: Sean | Jan 4, 2011 10:41:48 AM

7. Who cares what point of view the AFA has on anything? They are a hate group...they were a hate group long before they were handed the plaque with those words on it congratulating them for their disgusting ignorance. Did we really expect these dummies to say anything else? It's certainly not news that they do.

And of course, as always, they miss the point. Other than the one on their heads.

Posted by: BartB | Jan 4, 2011 10:45:04 AM

8. I will risk repeating my idea that this video can be out to positive and constructive use. It can be integrated with other materials to open discussions during the transition to the new situation when the repeal of DADT is implemented. Use it as an "icebreaker" and focal point for talk about what is, isn't, and might be acceptable behavior regarding LGBT service members. Inevitably, there will be offended parties, but having a concrete example in place should focus talk that can be productive.

Posted by: CoMo'mo | Jan 4, 2011 11:16:41 AM

9. How very sad that these people are now DEFENDING poor leadership and judgement.

The peasants have jumped on the bandwagon and taken the bait posting comments all over about liberal pussys.

This is not left or right or gay or straight - he did a lot more wrong than drop the Fag Bomb in those videos that were broadcast ship wide.

He is obviously a poor manager and leader.

Posted by: walter t boned | Jan 4, 2011 11:27:48 AM

10. Is it just me, or is there sexual energy in that room ? Why do straight men spend so much time and energy talking, thinking, re-hashing, and pontificating on gay male issues ? I'll bet one of them has just slightly noticed another's crotch. Then, ever so quickly, looked away. But noticed how muscular the other's neck is.

Posted by: Humboldt Hippie | Jan 4, 2011 12:19:29 PM

11. Next up, how the KKK doesn't like our black president.

Posted by: anon | Jan 4, 2011 1:54:07 PM

12. You know, integrating the armed services probably curtailed a lot of racist speech. And I think most of us are glad for that.

Posted by: Matt S. | Jan 4, 2011 1:59:38 PM

13. Sean, the really crazy stuff in the Navy happens just *below* the equator (if you know what I mean).

Posted by: Anastasia Beaverhausen | Jan 4, 2011 3:08:30 PM

14. That night, I dream fairy, she told me her name porcine small sound. She sat on the plate next to the blazing assumed the posture to be a long talk to me.
    But this does not seem to wear jeans fairy wake up, listen to me a bit sleepy to finish the whole story, and ultimately failed to become a pumpkin carriage, or prince. Porcine small sound a little embarrassed, blurted out: "Either way, my dream to send a hamster care to
    Gucci."

Posted by: gucci bags | Jan 4, 2011 9:29:15 PM

15. These are the same people who told me I was going to hell for touching myself. Im still here and I know the God I pray to loves me. These are also the same people who said if you see your son showing signs of femininity correct it immediately

Posted by: bryan skinner | Jan 5, 2011 4:16:17 PM