News | YouTube

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Lady Who Fell into Fountain While Texting May Sue!

Fountainlady

Her anonymous humiliation on YouTube wasn't enough. She had to go on ABC News with George Stephanopoulos, identify herself, and take it up a notch.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. You know what? She's an idiot.

Posted by: David Campbell | Jan 20, 2011 11:33:44 AM

2. Give me a break. Now we REALLY know who she is. AN IDIOT.

If the security at the mall distributed the footage, that's not so cool, but really, this woman should take her "lesson" and get a life.

Posted by: dms | Jan 20, 2011 11:36:51 AM

3. I ONCE SAW A LADY TEXTING WHILE SHE SPEEDED DOWN THE FREEWAY ON HER MOTORCYCLE. THIS IS FOR REAL. I CAME UP TO HER AND WE WE'RE NECK TO NECK FOR AT LEAST 10 SECONDS BEFORE SHE ZOOMED AWAY SO I KNOW WHAT I SAW. UNBELIEVABLE.

Posted by: cupcakes | Jan 20, 2011 11:37:05 AM

4. I'm sorry, but this woman puts the "dumb" in "dumbfounded"... not for falling in the fountain, I know very well that it could have been me. But for threatening a lawsuit? You've got to be kidding me.

Here's a hint... don't text while you walk.

Posted by: Grant Thornley | Jan 20, 2011 11:37:34 AM

5. OMG really? She's a victim? Of her own stupidity maybe but give me a break! I seriously doubt her nephew recognized her on that grainy video. PUH-leeze

Posted by: SPIguy | Jan 20, 2011 11:37:48 AM

6. No David, she's a F*CKING idiot.

Posted by: RW | Jan 20, 2011 11:37:51 AM

7. How litigious can you get. I can't believe she thinks she deserves money for her stupidity. And if she didn't go on tv no one would know who she was. What a dumb ass. The only thing she deserved was falling in the fountain. And I loved the way she worked the religious angle thinking that would garner her some sympathy.

Posted by: jamesintoronto | Jan 20, 2011 11:38:58 AM

8. Stupid woman-look where you're going, you fool. Your lack of consideration due to your cell phone use is offensive and inconsiderate.

Posted by: nikko | Jan 20, 2011 11:40:23 AM

9. Mall security can't protect you from your own stupidity!

Posted by: Odsbjorn | Jan 20, 2011 11:40:46 AM

10. If this frivolous, money-grubbing lawsuit succeeds, we need to pass a law to make it illegal to text while WALKING, let along driving.

Posted by: scott | Jan 20, 2011 11:44:03 AM

11. I would say she doesn't have a leg to stand on, but that already seems obvious (We already all saw the video)

Posted by: Brian | Jan 20, 2011 11:44:18 AM

12. Hmm, if I were her attorney I would be sure to qualify his statement of "requesting an explanation for why this happened,how it happened," to include the release of the video and not the incident itself. Because I think it's pretty darned obvious why and how the incident happened; the lady wasn't watching where she was going. Something most of us learned as children along with look down both sides of the street before crossing.

Posted by: Secret Identity | Jan 20, 2011 11:44:24 AM

13. Her 15 minutes of fame starts now....I hope it's over by the end of the day.

Proof that she is an idiot - (1) for falling into the fountain while texting and (2) exposing her idiocy to the world.

Posted by: Steve | Jan 20, 2011 11:47:28 AM

14. For those who say that there is no way she could win a lawsuit, just remember this: A woman successfully sued McDonald's when she spilled hot coffee on her lap.

Posted by: Alan E. | Jan 20, 2011 11:48:06 AM

15. And of course, ABC showed the video over and over. The reality is that NOBODY would know who she is if she had not come forward! Silly woman!

Posted by: John | Jan 20, 2011 11:49:34 AM

16. that video is hysterical, like a jerry lewis movie, she will so lose in court, unbeleivable and her lawyer will be hit with sanctions (or should be ) for bringing a frivolous lawsuit. What if she had walked over or fallen on a small child while texting and injured the child, does she think the child's parent be justified in suing her ? I live in NYC and the number of people that run into pedestrians while texting or block sidewalks, excalators, turnstiles etc is unbeleivable.
    she deserves whatever humiliation she gets for being so ignorant and self-absorbed

Posted by: jerry | Jan 20, 2011 11:49:35 AM

17. And the courts will waste time and resources on this instead of spending them on issues of real substance. Sigh.

Posted by: Justin Werner | Jan 20, 2011 11:51:13 AM

18. George is worthless as an interviewer. Ask the tough questions to this entitled imbecile and her attorney...jeesh.

Posted by: William | Jan 20, 2011 11:52:42 AM

19. C'mon guys, drop the cynicism. Though it was a stupid act, it could have happened to any of us who do the same thing. (and you know who you are... taking in the cell while driving???)
    The mall security SHOULD be held responsible for making this video public. THAT is the issue here. They are at fault. Her suit is not about her stupidity; it's about the viral video. Bottom line, though it was her fault in every way- Mall Security SHOULD NOT have released the video- She has every right to be pissed.

Posted by: GothProf | Jan 20, 2011 11:54:35 AM

20. You know how her nephew recognized her? He thought, "Wow, that's something my really stupid aunt would do."

Posted by: gr8guyca | Jan 20, 2011 11:55:19 AM

21. @Alan E: The woman who sued McDonald's had third degree burns on her body. She had to go the hospital and get skin grafts. That particular McDonald's had been turning up the temperature much higher than the normal serving temperature to make the coffee last longer. People always want to throw that case out without really knowing the facts.

Posted by: Matt B | Jan 20, 2011 11:57:52 AM

22. Why should anyone be held responsible other then this idiot! who texts and walks then falls into a fountain?

Posted by: alexInBoston | Jan 20, 2011 12:02:05 PM

23. Husband? Church? Right...

Posted by: Grant | Jan 20, 2011 12:04:34 PM

24. So the mall operators may be liable for releasing the video. I'll grant that point. However, this is an example of a pathology in American culture: if someone is female and has a big mouth, they feel they are above the rules that govern mere mortals. Forget about the fountain. What about other people who she may knock down while she's texting and walking? Are they supposed to worship her as God because she has a *unt and a big mouth? This is endemic in American culture, and it needs to stop.

Posted by: Phil | Jan 20, 2011 12:04:57 PM

25. Did ABC have to keep playing the audio with the clip as they showed it over and over again? I LOVE the snap of her face that you used above. Really captures her mood, lol!

Posted by: Gigi | Jan 20, 2011 12:12:52 PM