News | YouTube

Watch: Lady Who Fell into Fountain While Texting May Sue!

Fountainlady

Her anonymous humiliation on YouTube wasn't enough. She had to go on ABC News with George Stephanopoulos, identify herself, and take it up a notch.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Thanks a lot George - and GMA. Slow news day? Why you would give this IDIOT a platform is beyond me. I guess that Stephanopoulos and GMA check YouTube to see what stories they can cash in on.
    She needs to learn her lesson and STFU. There's no doubt that she also texts while driving, putting herself and others in serious danger.

Posted by: Tre | Jan 20, 2011 12:15:30 PM

2. @GOTHPROF: You said, "it could have happened to any of us". I must disagree. I almost never see men doing something as arrogant as texting/telephoning and walking at the same time, but I see women doing it all the time. Saying otherwise about life in American cities would be an obvious lie.

Posted by: Phil | Jan 20, 2011 12:16:57 PM

3. "... texting a friend from my church."
    Jesus wold have just walked across the fountain!

Posted by: Paul | Jan 20, 2011 12:20:11 PM

4. @Phil, Wow what did women ever do to you? This woman is an idiot, but to use this as an excuse to rage against women everywhere...wow, you obviously have no love lost for the fairer sex....

Posted by: Kayla | Jan 20, 2011 12:32:01 PM

5. She looks like Gaby Solis from Desperate Housewives on the season where they jumped ahead 5 years and she was frumpy.

Posted by: Aman Chaudhary | Jan 20, 2011 12:36:35 PM

6. You are so dumb
    You are really dumb–for real

Posted by: Alex | Jan 20, 2011 12:36:40 PM

7. When I was in graduate school I had a two mile walk to campus and would read as I walked. Yet I could tell when I was approaching other people, when I needed to stop to cross the street, even when there were objects left on the sidewalk. She has not evolved enough to use her peripheral vision? And she's literally so short-sighted she needs to pursue a lawsuit with an ambulance chaser so we know she's the dork in the grainy video? Here's hoping she doesn't reproduce. She's a Darwin award waiting to happen. And someone please take away her driver's license.

Posted by: Ron | Jan 20, 2011 12:37:07 PM

8. To the morons who feel the need to prove their progressive bona fides by pinning some blame on the mall:

The mall has no duty to this woman to keep the video private. The video was created in a public area and is the property of the mall, so they can distribute it to the four corners of the Earth if they wish. If the mall guards posted it to Youtube w/o authorization from the mall, then that is an issue b/t the mall and the guards. This woman doesn't have a prayer of wining this.

Posted by: Jorge | Jan 20, 2011 12:39:06 PM

9. @KAYLA: When I said, "I see women texting/telephoning and walking all the time," I didn't mean to imply that the majority of women do. But yes, a big minority of women do, and men almost never do. Your observations in urban America are most likely the same as mine. And what do you think people walking in the same area should do? Fly out of a texting/telephoning woman's way in fear because of her sense of entitlement? Really, I want an answer.

Posted by: Phil | Jan 20, 2011 12:41:40 PM

10. @MattB
    I was about to respond to AlanE's post re: McDonald's but you beat me to it.
    We learned about that case in my employment law class...you are correct, people didn't know the entire facts about the case and rushed to judgment.

Posted by: sd619guy | Jan 20, 2011 12:42:45 PM

11. George is just as stupid as her...seriously feels like your watching SNL. George must be proud of this interview.

Posted by: Wonderer | Jan 20, 2011 12:44:40 PM

12. Living here in NYC I have had dozens walk right into me, as well as in front of traffic, while texting. She's lucky she did injure another person or herself, outside of her lame ass ego.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Jan 20, 2011 12:46:01 PM

13. @KAYLA again: Sorry for not answering your question, "What did women ever do to me?" An honest answer would have to revolve around employment. Not a single straight man has ever "lobbied" to have me pushed out of a company, but women often have. Once again, not a majority, but a problematic minority. I'm certain that my experience is not unique. I teach at three colleges now, and my two female and one male department chairpersons are all wonderful. I hope my answer is honest and fair.

Posted by: Phil | Jan 20, 2011 12:58:02 PM

14. It was an embarrassing moment and lapse of judgement. I thought the video was funny, too but she's right to sue the mall security and security guard and he deserves to lose his job. I 'm dismayed by some of the callous comments and language of my queer brothers and sisters in the comments section. This disregard for others is what aids those who fight against our rights and is indeed endemic in American culture.

Posted by: Dougar | Jan 20, 2011 1:03:34 PM

15. George StuffinEnvelopes is a Shill of a reporter........

Posted by: Disgusted American | Jan 20, 2011 1:05:04 PM

16. @DOUGAR: From his own experience, PATRICK NYC said, "I have had dozens walk right into me, as well as in front of traffic", and then said that she had "a lame ass ego." Are you seriously suggesting that PATRICK NYC would be the one who is "callous" and shows "a disregard for others", rather than the woman in this video? You've got it upside down. She is being arrogant and callous, and shows disregard for others. Think it through again, DOUGAR.

Posted by: Phil | Jan 20, 2011 1:14:20 PM

17. George's opening Q sets the dumb tone of this interview: ....when did you realise you had a terrible fall? Duh!!

Posted by: Andy | Jan 20, 2011 1:15:16 PM

18. This is SOOOO beyond pathetic!!!!! They want to hold all parties accountable? Does that mean she can sue herself for absolute bloody stupidity!?!?!?! This is like the worst ambulance-chasing kind of lawsuit as well. No-one could recognize her at all from the footage, so she would have had NO reason to be humiliated at all, unless of course... SHE OPENS HER MOUTH AND SAYS IT'S HER! How dumb have we become as a nation and how opportunistic?

This case should most certainly be thrown out because there was no humiliation except for the self-inflicted humiliation of announcing to the world that the blurry unrecognizable figure in the grainy video was HER being STUPID!

Posted by: CKNJ | Jan 20, 2011 1:26:54 PM

19. Go to her aid? No one should have gone to her aid -- nature should take its course. Nature does not reward stupidity and attempts to eliminate whenever possible. It's called evolution! LOL

Posted by: romeo | Jan 20, 2011 1:29:26 PM

20. Slow news day?

Posted by: FunMe | Jan 20, 2011 1:30:21 PM

21. If she really needed attention that badly, she should have played UP her clumsiness and laughed at herself. She still would have been invited on TV and would have given herself some good will.

Posted by: Gregoire | Jan 20, 2011 1:40:49 PM

22. At first, I only considered her arrogant belief that people should simply fly out of her way as she was walking and looking down. But the post from CKNJ has it exactly right. She's unrecognizable in the video, and this is a frivolous, ambulance-chasing lawsuit. What this woman is doing in court is despicable. She thinks nothing of knocking people down, now she wants to steal people's money, and yes, this is indeed endemic in American culture, and people like this need to change their behavior.

Posted by: Phil | Jan 20, 2011 1:50:23 PM

23. I know some of you bitchy queens around here won't like this, but I'm gonna say it anyway: George S. is one sexy DILF! I'd hit that till the cows come home!

Posted by: TANK | Jan 20, 2011 1:56:54 PM

24. Dead give away that that's not me. You're an ugly whore, and I'm not. The image I'm getting of you who uses my name is some toothless rotund hygienically challenged old "bear" who spends most of his time manning a glory hole in a dingy "bookstore" basement.

Posted by: TANK | Jan 20, 2011 2:03:59 PM

25. bwahahaha!!! I'm sorry the woman is an idiot. She wasn't looking where she was going and got what came to her. Now we all know who she is and she's going to milk the celebrity status.

Posted by: Tyler | Jan 20, 2011 2:08:42 PM