Awards | John Travolta | News | Ricky Gervais | Scientology | Tom Cruise | Will Smith

Watch: Ricky Gervais Mocks Closeted Gay Scientologist Actors

Gervaise

Among Ricky Gervais' first barbs of the night was this joke, aimed at speculation surrounding Tom Cruise, John Travolta, and Will Smith.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

And here's Gervais' full opening monologue, which drew plenty of additional gasps:

Comments

1. Tank, with the intelligence of one.

Posted by: J | Jan 17, 2011 5:41:11 PM

2. I thought he was mean spirited and some of his joke (gay scientologist) didn't seem original. Not his best. Sorry.

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Jan 17, 2011 8:23:00 PM

3. Tank, you're an idiot and have no idea what humor is.

Posted by: Bobby | Jan 17, 2011 10:12:08 PM

4. I know what it isn't, though, and that's kathy griffin. I'm not saying I'd want her to get shot in a liquor store hold up or anything bad to happen to her...I'm saying, instead, that it would be the clerk who shot her after the robbery rather than put up with one more second of her hysterical clucking. I'm not saying that you're a bad person if you like kathy griffin...I'm saying that you're dead inside and probably outside, too.

Another thing that's just not funny would be regaining consciousness next to you, bobby.

Posted by: TANK | Jan 17, 2011 10:41:58 PM

5. Funny? Who hates gays more than gays? You people sound like a group of vultures waiting for the next weakest to stumble. To think this his entertainment reminds me of Roman's burning Christians...but of course you would love that too. How sad.

Posted by: Rick | Jan 18, 2011 8:32:58 PM

6. Will Smith is gay when pigs fly, let the delusional gays entertain the thought,

Posted by: Ben | Sep 11, 2011 4:59:31 AM