News | Republican Party | Tea Party | Teabagger

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Janine Turner, Teabagger, Defends Constitutional Litmus Test

Turner

Wow, she's a nut.

"Did you hear the thunder today? It was our Founding Fathers clapping from Heaven that the Constitution was read on the House floor!"

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. She also looks like a Barbie doll complete with fake over dyed hair, plastic skin, eyes that look like they were drawn with an extra blunt sharpie, and hideous dark red lipstick

Posted by: ravewulf | Jan 7, 2011 7:48:45 AM

2. When you look up "airhead" in the dictionary, this woman's photo appears.

Has CNN really sunk this low?

Posted by: justiceontherocks | Jan 7, 2011 8:06:04 AM

3. Justice, they reached the bottom and began digging. I've stopped watching CNN a while back. it is as they pointed out in the piece yesterday, just a forum for the worst trash on the planet... sorry, the SECOND worst forum (FNC comes in first) for any whackjob with an opinion to get on television. No credibility what so ever.

Posted by: Rad | Jan 7, 2011 8:12:00 AM

4. To think she was on Northern Exposure and was a spokeswoman in Ford adverts.

Posted by: unruly | Jan 7, 2011 8:18:51 AM

5. On behalf of the few sane people left in the
    state Of Texas, We apologize.

Turner has made a career of reinventing morals to fit her own views. An unwed mother,(forgiven, obviously, because she is a rich,white,Christian, republican)peddles her Christian yoga videos and speaks, frequently at Saddleback Church,(yes, Rick Warren)Janine is as loony as they come.

Posted by: The Realist | Jan 7, 2011 8:24:36 AM

6. Beyond having a washed up actress as your guest on this subject (shame CNN, shame...just put on clown noses and get it over with) these idiots on the right don't realize that a strict following of the Constitution won't allow them to legalize their hatred and bigotry. The fact they were reading it in the House was a joke because the Constitution protects people FROM the government (ie. them.) Tea baggers are truly the dumbest people in the country. And other than whining, they haven't done anything (other than on the SECOND day in the House throw out the rules to bring up health care for a vote. Yep, all this transparency, order and rules they were griping about the Republicans tossed out on the SECOND DAY when it didn't fit their agenda. Is anyone surprised?????)

Posted by: BartB | Jan 7, 2011 8:52:13 AM

7. Wow. I loved Northern Exposure. If I were Janine I'd put that glass of Kool Aid down and take off my aluminum foil hat and ignore those voices. Bat Sh@*! crazy.

Posted by: Mark | Jan 7, 2011 8:59:43 AM

8. Her manner and her make-up. Bi-Polar.

Posted by: Danny | Jan 7, 2011 9:03:53 AM

9. Reading the Constitution on the house floor is a bit like learning your multiplication tables on the first day of a PhD program.

They should know this already.

Posted by: sp8ce | Jan 7, 2011 9:28:33 AM

10. I totally LOVE that this ignorant woman is in the media representing the tea party. Surely it gives serious pause to anyone who is even thinking about supporting tea party candidates or causes.

Posted by: sparks | Jan 7, 2011 9:37:11 AM

11. BOTOX much Janine?

Posted by: Ron | Jan 7, 2011 9:40:09 AM

12. I never pegged her, in the 90s, to be so loony.

Posted by: Allen | Jan 7, 2011 9:48:35 AM

13. I'm a hairdresser. I've always called that shade Histrionic Blonde...now you know why.

Posted by: Jerry | Jan 7, 2011 10:17:53 AM

14. She just convinced me to never watch another anything with her on it.

What fuckin' freak.

Jerry, I LOVE that. I also do hair and I think from now on that color will be called Jacked-Up Janine. LOL

Posted by: Bobby | Jan 7, 2011 11:01:24 AM

15. Too bad. I really loved her in recent seasons of Friday Night Lights. Looks like she left Dillon, Texas for Crazytown.

Posted by: jason | Jan 7, 2011 11:17:15 AM

16. i'm sure that if she didn't have her SAG/AFTRA healthcare plan she wouldn't be so hard on the one that got passed back in '09.

Posted by: alguien | Jan 7, 2011 12:28:00 PM

17. What makes this woman qualified to comment about anything, in the national media no less?

She should be embarrassing to the right, as she comes off as being nuts. Or on really good medication. Or maybe both.

We're all doomed now.

Posted by: The_Fixer | Jan 7, 2011 12:42:43 PM

18. Next time the tea party gets together, they should throw her overboard instead.

Posted by: Terry Fuson | Jan 7, 2011 12:52:27 PM

19. Why was she the guest? Next they will be interviewing farm animals on the price of feed.

Posted by: anon | Jan 7, 2011 1:09:51 PM

20. OMG. What the hell happened to her? I'm old & I remember her on General Hospital, where she & Demi Moore played sisters. Tragic.

Posted by: scar2 | Jan 7, 2011 1:20:13 PM

21. The sad thing is that I have worked with her before. I knew she was "conservative" but she came off as someone who was very smart and grounded. I mean she is really nice and unpretentious. Its been weird seeing her turn into this Tea Bagging spokesmodel. I was simply dumbfounded when she started showing up in Alaska last fall.

Posted by: Homo Genius | Jan 7, 2011 2:49:37 PM

22. This little stunt was barely attended by either party and cost the taxpayer over a million dollars.

Picture of empty Congress here: http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2011/1/6/933803/-If-a-Constitution-fell-in-the-forest...

Vanity Fair talked with author Peter Keating: The amount I get is nearly $1.1 million. $1,071,872.87, to be exact, though of course this is more back-of-the-envelope than exact.

Posted by: Shawn | Jan 7, 2011 6:32:53 PM

23. Oh the irony! Janine was forced to become a dark blonde on GH when she was cast as a Laura look-a-like and she hated it so much that she left the show after a year. Fast forward 25 yrs and she's now a bleach blonde! Not attractive at all...

Posted by: Tagg | Jan 7, 2011 6:46:54 PM

24. I think the concept of having everyone understand the Constitution is a great idea.

To have a bleach-blonde-over-botoxed-former-actress bobblehead lead the charge is perhaps not the right strategy. Then again, brains has never been at the foundation of the Tea Party movement.

Posted by: steve | Jan 8, 2011 2:22:55 PM

25. I know her and thought she was always a nice person, but now I think living in the Bible belt buckle of Southlake Texas has warped her into this creature of the GOP. She really just scares the hell of out me.

Posted by: Skooter McGoo | Jan 8, 2011 7:21:57 PM