Jonathan Ross | News

UK Host Jonathan Ross: 'My Daughter is Gay'

Former BBC host Jonathan Ross revealed his daughter Betty Kitten is a lesbian, in an interview with the UK's Gaydar Radio.

Said RossRoss

"My eldest daughter is gay, so that's a question which I've dealt with on a regular basis already, which is, providing it's a nice woman, I'm thrilled. I've got no problems at all, obviously. I think that's pretty much out there - she talks about it on her Twitter feed. As any dad, really, I love my kids regardless of who they are, what they do, and I would love them if they were in trouble, I would love them if they were going through difficulties. Certainly, their sexuality is a, really none of my business and b; certainly none of my concern. I just want them to be good, happy, stable people and so far, all three of them seem to be that."

Comments

1. I would have that it was his daughter's prerogative to announce that bit of earth shattering news......if she chose to do so.

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jan 19, 2011 2:54:54 AM

2. Yep. Agree with Jack, it's not dad's role to out daughter, he's the celeb she is a private citizen.

Posted by: Sean R | Jan 19, 2011 3:33:35 AM

3. Correction: "I would have thought......"

Posted by: JackFknTwist | Jan 19, 2011 3:37:03 AM

4. "I think that's pretty much out there - she talks about it on her Twitter feed."
    So.... He's not 'outed' her, he's just acknowledged her and made supportive noises.

Posted by: joseph galliano | Jan 19, 2011 3:44:49 AM

5. I'm hardly a big Jonathan Ross fan, but more parents should have his attitude. He has outed her in a way, though. I wouldn't have known he even had a daughter unless he made this statement.

Posted by: BenB | Jan 19, 2011 9:58:31 AM

6. Wait. Just clicked through to the original story. That comment about boys who want Hannah Montana MP3 players is actually rather bigoted. >:-(

Posted by: BenB | Jan 19, 2011 10:01:31 AM