Comments

1. Brad says

Very cute and very good! One of my all time favorite books. It was one of the very first full-length novels I’d ever read and got me started on a lifetime love affair with books!

2. says

I see the whole series is available for Kindle. I read it as a child and didn’t quite get it, but I was FASCINATED. Hope to reread this year . . . so added to wishlist to remind me to download.

3. KJ says

In the 5th grade, while attending a conservative Christian school where such fare was not encouraged, I discovered this book which was my entry into sci-fi/fantasy. They can tear my autographed copy out of my cold, dead hands!

4. Critifur says

This is also one of my all time favorite series from my childhood. I was crushing on Calvin. I have yet to read anything past A Swiftly Tilting Planet. Many Waters, etc.

5. anon says

Not a big fan of the book either. Surprised that a Christian school would discourage reading it as it is very pro-Christian and anti-Marxist. It’s pro-female POV might get some conservatives upset, but I think they might not have actually read it.

6. says

Hello, this is James Kennedy, the organizer of the “90-Second Newbery” film festival. Thanks for posting and spreading the world!

@Mike in the Tundra: We actually shot a part with Aunt Beast, but it ended up on the cutting room floor. 90 seconds goes by pretty quick.

If anyone has kids or nieces or nephews and a video recorder, consider making something for the contest! We’ll have a star-studded premiere of the 90-Second Newbery films at the New York Public Library this fall.

Thanks again!