Big Gay Deal

Big Gay Deal - Jane Fonda in '33 Variations' in Los Angeles

Those of you in L.A. who love theatre should make sure not to miss 33 Variations before it closes on March 6. I saw it when it was on Broadway and Jane Fonda gives a truly stunning and moving performance.

33variations In the play, written and directed by Moises Kaufman (The Laramie Project), a Beethoven scholar (Fonda) is driven to solve the genius’ greatest mystery while her own life crumbles around her. The play is underscored live each night by acclaimed pianist Diane Walsh.

Right now at Big Gay Deal™ we're offering a chance to win one of three pairs of tickets to the March 4 show at 8 pm.

$49 discount tickets are also now available to Big Gay Deal readers for the final performances, presented by Center Theatre Group at the Ahmanson Theatre.

Comments

1. If you love theatre, avoid this trite Lifetime diseas of the week nonsense masquerading as a play. A waste of your time and money. Just rent KLUTE to see her at her considerable best.

Posted by: Roscoe | Feb 28, 2011 9:16:34 PM

2. She is just a famous, Dammed to eternal pain TRAITOR.
    May she slow roast in a hell reserved just for her.
    Hanoi Jane, may you die screaming, alone, unnoticed and forgotten.
    Hopefully, one day I will have the pleasure, taking a big wet crap on her grave.

Posted by: Austin | Feb 28, 2011 10:35:35 PM

3. How many American men died because of her? Sorry, but they're dead and can't forgive her now.

Posted by: Brad | Feb 28, 2011 11:39:39 PM

4. And the Log Cabin contingent chimes in with irrelevancies. I hope they're as vocal about Dick Cheney and George W. Bush.

Posted by: Roscoe | Mar 1, 2011 7:31:47 AM

5. "irrelevancies"?

Normally I wouldn't get into a pissing match with a loser, but we're talking dead Americans here. Some of these dead Americans I knew. Why the hell would that make me "Log Cabin contingent"? Oh, that's right, I've seen your asinine comments here before. So let's forgive Reagan for all those who died needlessly of A.I.D.S.

Hey, Roscoe, better hurry up and get ready for the "morning rush".

Posted by: Brad | Mar 1, 2011 7:48:13 AM

6. Brad said: "How many American men died because of her?"

None that I know of. If you've got PROOF otherwise I'd love it hear it. Otherwise, just shut the hell up already.

Posted by: Vince | Mar 1, 2011 8:46:58 AM

7. Let me guess "Vince"; you work for the Fonda organization and your job is to confuse the historical facts?

The "PROOF" I and other Americans have is from the hostile enemy showcasing Fonda's visit to Hanoi. Now you shut the hell up until you can disprove that!

Posted by: Brad | Mar 1, 2011 4:31:26 PM

8. Austin, dude, let it go. Vietnam was a mistake. Two million Vietnamese died so weapons manufacturers can make a "decent" profit. 54 thousand American soldiers was a high price to pay, but as they say in America, somebody has to pay it.

Posted by: Manny Espinola | Mar 1, 2011 4:58:52 PM

9. This article is very good, I like, today I want to introduce you to a very stylish bags, I believe you will like and I like these.

Posted by: christmas ugg boots outlet | Dec 12, 2012 1:10:57 AM