CPAC | GOProud | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

GOProud Member: 'I Don't Really Like Gay People'

Hissey
Ebone Bell of Metro Weekly made the rounds at a recent nighttime GOProud event at the CPAC conference where she interviewed members of the conservative group, such as 22-year-old college student Matt Hissey. Aside from declaring his dislike for gay people, Hissey believes that only "straight-acting" gay men are "normal."

"I don't really like gay people that much. Gay people frustrate me, the stereotypical gay people, it frustrates me...someone who puts on a total act. I understand that some guys are feminine, which is fine. But some guys, at some point, are normal, straight-acting, whatever and the next minute they're jumping up and down. It just frustrates me. The whole conservative thing is just be yourself, be an individual and just don't be someone you're not. If someone does or does not accept you, that's fine but don't change who you are to look different to others."

His bit about not liking gay people comes in at 1:39 in the video AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. I think he's trying to make a point about they way some guys act, and carry on, which many of us would agree with. I mean, how many snarky comments hit these boards about "The A-List" ? Too bad he's so lousy at expressing himself. And, of course, he's a total snob and acting like what he's criticizing. LOL I can't see getting all bent about his comments. Twenty-two is young, but he's right about at the point where he should be getting a clue.

Posted by: romeo | Feb 12, 2011 11:46:12 AM

2. "No wonder this guy is all f*cked up if Sarah Palin reminds him of his mom."

Excellent point. I wonder if Sharron "Man Up" Angle reminds him of his mom too. Someone has really done a number on him. Sad to see a gay man saying he doesn't like "gay people" and claiming people should be themselves, all while making a rigid effort to keep those hands of his tethered to gravity. Free them, Matt. They want to flutter and fly!

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Feb 12, 2011 11:48:57 AM

3. What do you expect with from a weak-minded child hanging around a convention of identity-confused circus clowns? Just escort him to the 'Big Top' already.

Posted by: Tom | Feb 12, 2011 11:50:13 AM

4. would that be what's called a "hissey fit?"

Posted by: alguien | Feb 12, 2011 11:54:14 AM

5. So like, um, gay people are, like, sooo nelly and stuff, it just totally grosses me out....his ad on Manhunt reads: GWM for GWM, masc straight-acting only.

What an ignorant, closeted queen.

Posted by: steve | Feb 12, 2011 11:55:10 AM

6. When I was in my twenties, fresh out of 4 years in the military and just entering college, I thought very much as Hissey does. He's only 22, he's not very worldly and has not experienced much of life's lessons. Hissey has a lot to learn, and like many of us, if not all of us, we've changed tremendously through the years. I think and feel a whole lot differently today, in my sixties, than I did in my early twenties. Hell, even in my late twenties, I had changed my world view. A lot.

Hopefully, Mr. Hissey will grow as a result of his experiences and life's lessons as we all, I'm sure, have. He may end up looking back and thinking, "Wow, was I ever naive and shallow."

Truthfully, I can remember expressing the same thoughts about my fellow gays as Mr. Hissey, when I was around his age. Mr. Hissey has a lot of life yet to experience and a lot of very hard lessons to learn. I could be wrong, but in 20 years (maybe more, most likely less), I think Mr. Hissey will look at life and see his gay brothers and sisters entirely differently. He may even find himself no longer a conservative, but very much a progressive. Or even, gasp, a socialist. I know I have.

So, I'm willing to wait and see if Mr. Hissey's opinions change once he experiences the real world and matures a little. He's still young and very foolish.

Posted by: Bob R | Feb 12, 2011 11:56:01 AM

7. “Hissey also wants Sarah Palin to run for president in 2012 because she reminds him of his mom.”

Well, really, what more can one add here?

Posted by: ichabod | Feb 12, 2011 11:56:27 AM

8. If by TR you mean Teddy Roosevelt, then I hate to break it to you, Queen, but he went to Harvard... Anyway, what has a century of Harvard (or Yale, or Princeton) educated presidents gotten us, Mr. Hissey? Unimagined prosperity, for one. Unprecedented global reach for another. The list goes on.

Conservatives LOVE to talk about how awful the American government is and always has been (at least since the era of Michelle Bachman's civil-rights-obsessed Founding Fathers) but also can't get enough of jingoistically saying that the U.S. is the greatest nation on earth and without fault.

Well, what's it going to be, boy?

Posted by: JesryPo | Feb 12, 2011 11:57:22 AM

9. LOL, now that this has gone viral on at least 2 gay blogs, Miss Hissey won't get laid anytime soon or...

...if she does get laid, I hope it's the meanest dom that she's ever had (and you know she's had a few).

Now I'll just sit back and enjoy the next 150 comments, LOL

Posted by: Chitown Kev | Feb 12, 2011 12:02:07 PM

10. Hissey-fit!

Posted by: christo67 | Feb 12, 2011 12:03:32 PM

11. His mother shoots animals from helicopters and gets paid bucket loads of money to make inane, incomprehensible comments on TV? Wow.

This video could be used to illustrate the word "delusional." The thing he hates most about gay people is exactly how he reads to straight people, yet he believes (or is trying awfully hard to) that he's somehow passing for quote-unquote normal, and straight. Silly, and sad. Hopefully he'll grow out of his self-loathing, but only if he gets away from the GOProud-CPAC sisterhood.

Posted by: Ernie | Feb 12, 2011 12:12:17 PM

12. These people are FREAKS and this Matt Hissey cow is so uncomfortable with himself he looks like the BIGGEST freak of them all. What a disgustingly pathetic bunch.

Posted by: PriceCut | Feb 12, 2011 12:16:21 PM

13. Stupid white trash.

Posted by: Max | Feb 12, 2011 12:16:21 PM

14. "I hate myself sooo much that I (hair flip)want to tell you all!" Great, Mary, tell us all (snore) about it. Guess what? We hate you even more, sugar.

Posted by: Dawgeral | Feb 12, 2011 12:16:45 PM

15. poor thing. so sad. he will come out in less than 5 years.....

Posted by: Bostonbeat | Feb 12, 2011 12:16:46 PM

16. "I mean, how many snarky comments hit these boards about "The A-List"

For my part, I have a problem with superficiality and shallow materialism, not with men who are stereotypically thought of as femme. I can't relate to someone who thinks the end purpose of life is to shop, shop, shop, or gossip with girls about meaningless crap. But guess what - not all femme gay men are like that.

And as someone already pointed out, it's not as if things are that better on the other side of the spectrum. Hyper-masculinity is a parody of stereotypical straight male behaviour, and it's incredibly insulting to straight males, since it assumes they're all dumbass sociopathic jocks.

If there is one thing that unites self-obsessed femme and butch gays, it's their arrogance in assuming everyone else must secretly be exactly like them, and it's their intolerance that precludes them from acknowledging valued differences.

Posted by: Zach | Feb 12, 2011 12:16:50 PM

17. Irony alert: effeminate gay man criticizes effeminate gay men for being effeminate. I'd still do him, but I'd have to spank him a few times for being a naught, naughty boy.

Posted by: Chris | Feb 12, 2011 12:17:55 PM

18. Straight-acting, keyword "ACTING"

Posted by: Jesus bu | Feb 12, 2011 12:21:26 PM

19. "Girlfriend smells like lube and regret."

Priceless, Milkman.

Seriously, this guy is gonna regret his A-holishness a few years from now. I see a young Ken Melman here. All we have to do is wait for the leaked pix and Grindr profile in 3...2...1.

Posted by: The_Fixer | Feb 12, 2011 12:25:29 PM

20. Hissey needs to go through deprogramming. Maybe he'll find out he needs to get on his knees and thank those flaming queens who paved the way for him to be able to use the words gay and conservative.

Posted by: sfpromo | Feb 12, 2011 12:28:42 PM

21. Where does he think TR went to college?

Posted by: Andrew | Feb 12, 2011 12:29:33 PM

22. That entire clip was a parade of bad 1980s hairstyles and purses falling from mouths. Tell the truth folks I'm greedy, hateful and more than likely got my money from family who didn't earn it either. They either got there first, stole it from some one else or bribed the government to get it but we are not welfare queens we are thieves.

Posted by: ggreen | Feb 12, 2011 12:29:34 PM

23. Uh-oh! Hissey Fit!

Posted by: Tpow | Feb 12, 2011 12:33:37 PM

24. Dunno whats more disturbing, his obvious need to try and stay a member of the country club by acting as if all other gays that arent as 'butch" (chokes) as him are somehow "less than", of the number of apologists commenting here saying "give him a break". Its one thing to have be young and have some uneducated opinions as many of us had, its quite another to go to an organization that crystalizes itself around those very biased and hateful ideals. This boy...whom should be shown a playback of hsi talking so he can see what a "Fem" talks like, needs a reality check. He is still a "Fag" as far as Conservatives are concerned.

Posted by: JT | Feb 12, 2011 12:34:39 PM

25. Matt Hissy = gay gay gay gay gay. So grow up and own it Mr. 22 yr old.

Posted by: Fred | Feb 12, 2011 12:36:15 PM