Shia LaBeouf

BigGayDeal.com

Shia LaBeouf In Bar Fight After Being Called Anti-Gay Slur

Shia LaBeouf allegedly punched a man at Mad Bull's Tavern in LA after being called an anti-gay slur. Mark Mastro, the man attacked by LaBeouf, says he had wanted a picture of the movie star but he refused. Mastro explained to Radar Online what ahppened after that.

Shia "'My friend said, 'what's up Shia'?' Mastro says. 'Shia told him to  'get the f**k  out of my way.'  He was slurring his words. 'That's when I said to my buddy, 'don't worry, he's just a f**cking fagot anyway',' Mastro says."

"'He turned around, cursed me out, and I started laughing.' Mastro explains that the actor then jumped in his black truck which was parked directly in front of Mad Bull's."

"'All of a sudden, he jumped out, and ran back towards the bar.  He charged at me! I jumped over the patio fence onto the sidewalk to get away from him. But he kept coming after me. 'He was getting in my face.  He was talking sh*t. He was chest-bumping me.'"

"That's when the bouncer jumped in, Mastro says. 'A bouncer put Shia in a head lock.'"

Police were on the scene within minutes and LaBeouf was handcuffed but were released shortly afterward.

Radar has video (barey watchable shaky, slanted video) of LaBeouf being handcuffed.

Comments

1. He seems like a regular dude. I don't blame him.

That b*tch yelling in the video needs a good slap too.

Posted by: ratbastard | Feb 6, 2011 12:20:05 PM

2. Shouldn't you be referring to anti-gay slurs as anti-gay slurs? The phrase "gay slur" is saying that to call someone gay is a slur, because being gay is bad. The phrase "anti-gay slur" is saying that to attack someone on the basis that they are or may be gay is bad. Big difference.

Posted by: justme | Feb 6, 2011 12:26:27 PM

3. OK, so a bar fight between two douchebags, one of which is homophobic, a fame whore, and drunk, and one of which is surly, aggressive, and drunk.

The idiot Mastro casually saying "yeah, he's just a faggot" pretty much says everything needed about the type of individual he is, not even bringing into discussion the fact he's selling his story everywhere. This dude probably thinks he can get famous from this, or that people will rally behind him. Sad.

Posted by: Francis | Feb 6, 2011 12:35:37 PM

4. Two drunken ignoramuses...typical Saturday night at any given bar.

Posted by: princely54 | Feb 6, 2011 12:38:39 PM

5. Oh, and also, there are numerous reports that this Mastro guy is basically a liar, and that he taunted Shia after being denied the autograph, and jumped him, eventually beating him up and splitting his lip. In any case, since all of these individuals involved seem like idiots, I don't really care too much.

Posted by: Francis | Feb 6, 2011 12:44:15 PM

6. Call someone a faggot these days, and you risk being beat up. I have no sympathy for Mastro.

Posted by: jay_max | Feb 6, 2011 1:08:47 PM

7. Mastro sounds like a real jerkoff and the instigator here. I have no sympathy for him a all. Too bad he really didn't get his ass kicked.

Posted by: Bob R | Feb 6, 2011 2:09:08 PM

8. yea! shia!

Posted by: nic | Feb 6, 2011 3:06:05 PM

9. If Shia went to a gay club this would never happen. In fact I think we need to start a straight guys going to gay bars movement. Who is with me?!

Posted by: Xtincta | Feb 6, 2011 3:07:06 PM

10. I don't understand the whole autograph seeking thing and "fans" who insist on intruding in a celebrity's life. What are they expecting? An invite to sit down with the guy and have a drink? An invite to his house? What?

People like Mastro need to get a f*cking life.

Posted by: PDQ | Feb 6, 2011 5:22:27 PM

11. Good for Shia Labeouf for not tolerating a freakish stalker type who has a homophobic streak. The dumbass even admits to the blog that he taunted Shia. Mark Mastro...do you hear the sound of that? that's the sound of your 15 minutes of fame that just expired. Back to drinking games and beer pong you go clown.

Posted by: IonMusic | Feb 7, 2011 1:21:25 AM

12. I have absolutely no knowledge of LaBeouf's views regarding gay and lesbian people, but I don't think we should start lauding him as someone who rejects homophobia simply because of this. I mean, we have no idea why he punched Mastro: was it because Shia's so pro-gay that the anti-gay slur was simply too much to handle... or was Shia just so angry at being called what he was called that he retaliated?

Posted by: Matt | Feb 7, 2011 3:18:24 AM