Charlie Sheen | News

Watch: Charlie Sheen's Insane 'Today' Show Interview

Charlie_sheen

The Today show's Jeff Rossen interviewed Charlie Sheen about drug use, rehab, violence toward women, being a role model, and his war with CBS.

When asked if he's still using, Sheen says, "Look at me. Duh."

The unapologetic Sheen says CBS owes him more money — $3 million an episode should the show return — and an apology: “A big one. While licking my feet.”

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

UPDATE: Sheen's publicist has quit.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

1. Has Charlie been hanging out with Whitney Houston? Girl, please. Earning 3 million an episode isn't going to make him any friends or win any sympathy out in the real world... which, by the way, is where those 3 million dollars come from.

Close your mouth, muffin. Just shut it.

Posted by: The Milkman | Feb 28, 2011 12:48:51 PM

2. I think that at this point in the Charlie Sheen story, it is prurient and exploitive for news outlets to interview him. He's clearly ill. However, I have no expectation that news will actually do the right thing, and it's easy to use the "public wants to know" excuse.

Posted by: Chris in MN | Feb 28, 2011 12:50:25 PM

3. Chris you are correct - these media host are all acting superior - while making money from interviewing a sick person.

Posted by: reality 101 | Feb 28, 2011 12:59:24 PM

4. He looks like Hell...

You can see the old man look setting in.

Posted by: Evan | Feb 28, 2011 1:00:21 PM

5. I agree with Chris completely - exploitative and inhumane. What a horror show.

Posted by: DG | Feb 28, 2011 1:03:16 PM

6. ..and interview Id like to see is one of a cast-mate or 2 from... 2.5 men

Posted by: Disgusted American | Feb 28, 2011 1:03:29 PM

7. Especially given his reputation for debauchery, I think he should have a spinal tap done to check for syphilis. His rantings really did sound like the madness of King George. Weather physical, mental, or emotional this train wreck desperately needs help. He's making Lindsay Lohan look good.

Posted by: GeoMac | Feb 28, 2011 1:18:25 PM

8. This is heartbreaking. He is quite ill. I hope for his sake that he finds his way back.

Posted by: Stefan | Feb 28, 2011 1:19:25 PM

9. He's fried himself and he has become a sideshow. The media should leave him be and he should stay out of the lime light for a while.

Posted by: Mark | Feb 28, 2011 1:21:32 PM

10. @10:20, Roman Coppola ????? - I think you missed your mark on that one Charlie...

But seriously, he looks like crap, he sounds tormented, his non-verbal behavior is like a fish flapping out of water, his eyes are dead and it's so terribly sad - the worst of all car wrecks to witness...

Posted by: jon | Feb 28, 2011 1:24:30 PM

11. I think it's hilarious. I feel nothing for this creep. His rank stupidity and preening narcissism doesn't rise to a level that would inspire disgust.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Feb 28, 2011 1:37:43 PM

12. He's 45 and looks 20 years older. GOOD MORNING AMERICA also had "an exclusive" interview with him this morning and they administered a drug test that came back clean. But, he seems very odd and the whole idea of curing himself of his drug addiction by just using his mind sounds like a fantasy.

Posted by: Kevin | Feb 28, 2011 1:42:45 PM

13. what a mess! very sad.

Posted by: Warren | Feb 28, 2011 1:51:02 PM

14. The Sheen family need to form a conservatorship (a la Britney Spears's family) and have him committed. He's clearly mentally ill and using drugs to self-medicate. He needs healthy, sober trustworthy people in his circle before he winds up hurting someone or dead.

Posted by: JTlvr | Feb 28, 2011 2:17:22 PM

15. The guy is toast. He looks like he's had one party too many. Sad. This is a man in definite denial. I don't think it will be long before he is either forced into rehab or he dies. I can't get over how old he looks. Drugs'll do that to ya. Especially krak.

Posted by: jamal49 | Feb 28, 2011 3:02:25 PM

16. I'm with others on here - he looks like hell.

But how do you do an "intervention" with the highest paid actor on network TV? Does he need to land in jail like Robert Downey Jr? Maybe that will do it.

Posted by: Steve | Feb 28, 2011 3:22:41 PM

17. Wow, WINNING!

Posted by: JM | Feb 28, 2011 3:23:26 PM

18. JTLVR

Hey, did you read the blind item? It basically said what you said and said that this actor is actually not on drugs, he's got bi poloar and has stopped taking his medication, so is self medicating with alcohol on the highs and cocoaine on the lows.

It also went on to say that an intervention WILL come because he is blowing millions.

Very astute.

Posted by: Rowan | Feb 28, 2011 3:37:52 PM

19. "Look at me. Duh"

Coming soon to a t-shirt near you.

Posted by: BobN | Feb 28, 2011 3:47:50 PM

20. This guys a mess. Why doesn't his dad or brother initiate an involuntary commital for a 90 day evalustion? Send the big guys in the white coats w/a straight jacket and ball gag and drag his ass to a nice, expensive, cushy mental hospital to get the help he needs and remove him from the cameras eye. Spare us the drama too.

Posted by: KevInPDX | Feb 28, 2011 3:54:06 PM

21. I remember liking both him and Emilio Estevez when I was a kid. Seeing him now just makes me sad. He looks more like Martin Sheen than Charlie.

Between him and Corey Haim's long demise ("License to Drive?" then-16 yo me totally wanted to hit that *so* bad!), it really saddens me to see yet another icon of my (long-gone) 1980s childhood crash...

Posted by: Terrance | Feb 28, 2011 4:44:55 PM

22. I fell bad for him. He is obviously ill. Shame on NBC. Shame. Shame. Shame.

Posted by: david | Feb 28, 2011 4:48:47 PM

23. @KEVINPDX: In California (and I suppose in every other state), a person can be held involuntarily only if they present a clear and present danger to themselves or others. In other words, if someone says they are suicidal or that they are going to kill Colonel Mustard (or, in this case, Chuck Lorre) in the library with a knife, they can be held involuntarily. Otherwise, they have to agree to treatment---something I don't see Charlie Sheen agreeing to any time soon.

Posted by: peterparker | Feb 28, 2011 5:16:40 PM

24. He looks horrible and sounds insane. I can't imagine any sane producer giving this out of control addict a job.

Posted by: jaragon | Feb 28, 2011 5:50:59 PM