Lady Gaga | Music | Music Video | News

BigGayDeal.com

It's Here: Watch Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way' Video

Gagabtw

This is the manifesto of Mother Monster. On G.O.A.T. a Government-Owned Alien Territory in space, the infinite birth of an eternal race, a race which bears no prejudice...

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Btwbid

I don't know what this gap-toothed shot near the end can be but a nod to Madonna...

Magaga

Comments

1. If there was ever such a possible race I find it ironic that this ugly, graceless creature would even begin to think it would be made in her image. The thought of so many Gagas is certainly terrifying. I found the video to be grotesque, both intentionally (the weird birthing process) and unintentionally (Gaga dancing in her underwear as if to say "Look at me Mama! I'm skinny and so is my new nose and chin"). Revolting and, like everything this woman has done since Bad Romance, failed by trying so hard.

Posted by: AlexN | Feb 28, 2011 11:40:58 AM

2. I thought it was kinda cool. It felt like it had a lot of classic imagery (the tuxedos, the white gloves, the 'goddess'-like scenes), but I couldn't tell you where they came from. Someone else who knows more about art and film might be able to, though.

I did feel like this was Gaga having the most fun in one of her videos, though, as well as at her most vulnerable. I know she parades around town in less sometimes, but the dance sequences where she's in a bra and panties make her seem really exposed and bare.

I liked it. Infinitely better than one of those "vanity" music videos where the artist just stands around and "sings."

Posted by: Austin | Feb 28, 2011 11:53:00 AM

3. should have been more of the white gloves from the end throughout the video. lose the chin-eye, birth goo, less of the boring dancing. the beginning kinda built up the video a lot and when the song started it got less interesting.

Posted by: Wes | Feb 28, 2011 11:57:04 AM

4. in her interviews for "born this way," she talked about how they used to call her "rabbit teeth" in school. so maybe the end has to do with that?

Posted by: jj | Feb 28, 2011 12:00:03 PM

5. We are all entitled to do what we need to in order to make the laws of nature work in our favor. That said, I find her over use of occult imagery in order to deify herself very reminiscent of the robot of Metropolis leading unaware.

Posted by: Hokay | Feb 28, 2011 12:04:09 PM

6. Epic video and song, she really does have a vision, wether others like it our not. I think the end images of white gloves and gapped teeth may have been a shout out to Michael Jackson, Madonna and the 90's.

Posted by: RONTEX | Feb 28, 2011 12:13:42 PM

7. @ austin

"......"vanity" music videos where the artist just stands around and "sings."

LOL so singers are not supposed to sing

wow

I prefer to just hear a singer sing and don't need to even see them but if we have to look at them then it should be totally unplugged. No studio computers doing the actual singing (by the end of all the editing)

I'll admit my bias though, I as a gay male prefer male voices. Female voices just don't have "it". There was a reason there were ca strati as vs just female sopranos. male voices and lung capacity are infinitely better

Posted by: mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com | Feb 28, 2011 12:15:41 PM

8. Until she pulls the term "orient" from this song, she is contradicting her platform with her ignorance. It would be such a powerful lesson to say she was wrong, that the word was created by people to marginalize and stereotype and that she gets it. I cringe at all the folks, especially young people who have brought this word back into use and play this on repeat. She's better than this. Her laziness is inexcusable.

Posted by: Mrs. SIppi | Feb 28, 2011 12:16:42 PM

9. LOV LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Myles J. | Feb 28, 2011 12:22:58 PM

10. I'm not the biggest fan of hers but this really was very creative and intriguing with an element that I wasn't expecting. I am impressed by both the direction of this song and the video. It's certainly not boring, generic and was visually very appealing.

Posted by: Scott Janson | Feb 28, 2011 12:24:30 PM

11. Meh.

Wes has it. And probably not her inspiration, but during the underwear scenes I kept getting a huge Sheryl Crow vibe. Ha.

Ha. Hahahahahahahahahaha.

But not interesting enough to go back and watch again.

Posted by: lodenmsue | Feb 28, 2011 12:27:50 PM

12. I think we should protest Top Ramen "Oriental" flavor.

Posted by: Wes | Feb 28, 2011 12:28:35 PM

13. she has a good body

Posted by: neverstops | Feb 28, 2011 12:29:35 PM

14. This song alone, but prmoting gay as NOT being a choice, as being valid, and promoting gay youth to just be themselves gets my support. We need far MORE pro gay songs out there playing in mainstream radio given the injustice gays endure. We should have far more artists promoting our equality and I will forever respect and respond to those who do. I'm glad a large percentage of LGBT have supported Lady Gaga. There was a news story that went to one of her concerts and I swear it looked like every concert goer was a lesbian holding hands with their partner or gay guys and it made me happy to know that they got that joy from her and her performance. I don't have the money to see her live, but I'm glad those in our community have her.

Posted by: IonMusic | Feb 28, 2011 12:33:39 PM

15. Great to see a mainstream video that isn't afraid of the dark and weird. Love the beginning.

Posted by: Tonic | Feb 28, 2011 12:35:03 PM

16. i loved the video. seems to me there's also some nod to michael jackson in it as well...

Posted by: mike128 | Feb 28, 2011 12:35:42 PM

17. @Mrs. Sippi

The slur is "oriental(s)" not "orient". "Orient" itself doubles as an allusion to the word "orientation" which I suspect is why she chose to use it despite it being dangerously close to the slur.

Posted by: Anonymouse | Feb 28, 2011 12:37:04 PM

18. The comments on this post really supports the adage "the bigger you are, the more people want to tear you down." Especially fags.

Posted by: ChuyChrist | Feb 28, 2011 12:42:49 PM

19. @mstrozfckslv, I totally think a singer should sing, and that is one reason I admire Lady Gaga so much. But if you think for a second that singers are actually singing in music videos (and not lip-syncing), then you got quite a disappointment coming your way.

I do agree with your male voice preference, though. I fancy myself as a singer of sorts (though not a very good one), so I like singing along with male singers generally.

Posted by: Austin | Feb 28, 2011 12:46:22 PM

20. I love Gaga and her music, but I found that video disturbing.

Posted by: Grant Thornley | Feb 28, 2011 12:49:08 PM

21. This video was bad! and not the good kind of bad.

Posted by: daveny | Feb 28, 2011 12:50:56 PM

22. Thank you for all these comments. It saves me the trouble of actually having to watch the video to form an opinion about it.

Posted by: Jesus | Feb 28, 2011 1:04:10 PM

23. I liked it too.

Posted by: Ricola | Feb 28, 2011 1:27:48 PM

24. I guess I'm not the target audience of whatever the F. I just watched.

Posted by: tony | Feb 28, 2011 1:33:35 PM

25. Remember gays, she said there will be two videos, which one of them will donate its funding to glbt organizations.

Posted by: Robert | Feb 28, 2011 1:42:44 PM