Discrimination | Donald Trump | Gay Marriage | New York | News

BigGayDeal.com

As Trump Resists Equality, Gay Activist Calls For 'Celebrity Apprentice' Boycott

DonaldPointing Gay rights groups and activists are rightfully upset with potential presidential candidate Donald Trump after he said he's not only against marriage equality, but also opposes any extension civil benefits.

Now New York-based rabble-rouser Allen Roskoff, who called Trump's stance "unconscionable," thinks supporters of equality should boycott Trump's show, Celebrity Apprentice, as well as the business man's other ventures.

"Not only should gays be furious, we should be boycotting the products of the advertisers on his TV show, and certainly boycotting his casinos and hotels and apartment buildings," said the long-time activist, who also described Trump an "extreme bigot."

Roskoff continued, "[Trump's] game plan is to appeal to the extreme right. How he does business in New York, how he's tolerated is beyond me. I think things are going to change for him."

Will you join this boycott? Will it work? Does Celebrity Apprentice still have viewers, anyway? How is that possible?

Comments

1. If gays and lesbians don't stand up for their rights, who will?

Posted by: Sarina | Mar 7, 2011 5:00:16 PM

2. Trump is the sort of bigot that needs to be boycotted in every possible way starting with the only thing he cares about money.

Posted by: jaragon | Mar 7, 2011 6:25:22 PM

3. LMAO...just read this and thought I would share. Elsewhere, someone stated that, someone in LA should go out and buy some fake doggy poo, put it on Donald Trumps Walk of Fame star and take a picture!

My question, even though I think the above is funny, is why in the heck does Donald Trump have a star on the "Walk Of Fame"? It's not like he's really done anything worth while to be awarded such a Hollywood honor, whereas others in the entertainment industry have none. Where is openly gay former child actor Tommy Kirk's star? He made millions for Disney, then fired for being gay and blacklisted!

Posted by: CB | Mar 7, 2011 7:02:53 PM

4. just email the people on the show and ask how can you do this???

Posted by: alan brickman | Mar 7, 2011 7:31:05 PM

5. @CB: It's pretty much common knowledge now that anyone who ponies up the $50K -- or whatever the going rate is -- can get a star on the Walk of Fame... It's not the "honor" that you think it is.

Posted by: McCoysMarketNYC | Mar 7, 2011 10:17:44 PM

6. Is there and email we can bombard about how we are boycotting his show? I hate boycotting something and them not knowing about it.

Posted by: David | Mar 8, 2011 3:01:47 AM

7. Boycott all things Trump!

Posted by: Paul Leary | Mar 8, 2011 4:29:20 AM

8. Maybe I remember it wrong, but I think he once said (last year?) that he'll run for president if Sara Palin did. In other words, he wants to lure Palin's support away from her this early, just to get her out of the way. And one way to do that is to spout extreme right ideas and still be "New York modern," unlike that hick Palin. He's never uttered anything overtly homophobic and bigoted before, remember? I mean, it would have made the headlines. Why the sudden frankness about a divisive issue? But then again as a businessman this is a very risky act of cultural defiance. Either he's really a true bigot being now "honest" about it or he abhors Palin as much as he did Rosie, if perhaps for a different reason. If it's really the former, then he's no longer an interesting heterosexual man. If it's the latter, then better him than Palin, because Palin will go back to the Bible for ultimate authority, while Trump is a businessman..of sorts.

Posted by: Manny Espinola | Mar 8, 2011 8:21:03 AM

9. I work for the Miss USA/Universe Pageant.
    There are many Gays who work along side with me.
    We are truly some of ther best employees in his organization.
    We are very upset about all of this.
    But, we can"t say or do anything, for fear of "Being FIRED".
    We have Great jobs in this bad economy and don"t want to risk unemployment especially in NYC.

Posted by: Kyle | Mar 8, 2011 8:57:56 AM

10. He called Rosie O'Donnell who had the audacity to make fun of his hair, which every male comic in the world had done, a degenerate. Rosie at the time was in a committed relationship and had even flown out to San Fransisco and got married during that short time it was allowed. A degenerate, his words. This from a man who has five kids from three different women. Unfortunately America is fame crazy and I wouldn't put it past them to elect this fool. California elected Schwarzenegger who had zero experience based on the fact he was a movie star. Look what that got them.

Posted by: Me | Mar 8, 2011 9:03:25 AM

11. I don't like Donald Trump.I never have.However,I do admire his drive and success.

I also think that it's good he is being honest about it.I don't know.I think a number of these straight celebrities coming out and speaking for us are just exploiting us.So that's why it's nice to see Donald for who he is in regards to us.Of course I don't agree with him,but I'd rather know a true homophobe than one pretending to be gay-friendly exploiting us for his or her own gain.

Posted by: J | Mar 8, 2011 9:39:20 AM

12. Trump has now trumped his buffoonish self. He has no chance of taking the Presidency of our Great Nation, and he has successfully alienated a large portion of his potential NY base with his biased, bigoted and foolish comments. I never miss an opportunity to remind everyone of the enormous contributions to society the gays have made. I don't think the straight men would find the ladies as attractive in a dress, bathing suit or make-up that was done by one of their ranks.

And I have not even yet mentioned the contributions to interior design, the world's love affair with Brodaway shows, and the all around creativity that flows from the gay community worldwide. Granted, creativity is not 100% owned by the gays, but you take a look at what the worl would look like without the gay contribution. Think black & white television dearies.
    And with a nod to the great NY personality Fran Lebowitz for being first to acknowledge the contribution.

Gays are here to stay and have been around since the beginning of time. Get over it and quit preventing your neighbors, family members, fellow human beings from partaking of what is available to everyone else!!!!!

Posted by: Lloyd G | Mar 8, 2011 1:58:12 PM

13. Trump is his own worst enemy. I mean, who would do that to their hair on purpose?

Posted by: Dennis | Mar 8, 2011 2:55:53 PM

14. I'm REALLY confused. I specifically remember a radio commercial he was on a few years ago where he said "Gay, straight.. who cares. If you love someone you should be able to marry them". This is a crazy flip flop.

Posted by: Billy | Mar 28, 2011 10:35:34 AM

15. I found this site looking for boycott info as one infuriated by Trump's cynical hammering on the so-called birth issue. I just want to comment that for a boycott to be effective you have to contact the advertisers in question to let them know what you're doing and why. Thank you to the commenter above who listed some Apprentice advertisers. If anyone has contact info re: the advertisers please post!

Posted by: irene | Apr 21, 2011 1:14:22 PM

16. BOYCOTT THE RACIST/HOMOPHOBE TRUMP AND ANYTHING ASSOCIATED WITH HIM. START BY BOYCOTTING THE SPONSORS TO CELEBRITY APPRENTICE. CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW TO SIGN THE PETITION.

Posted by: vitra | Apr 28, 2011 1:23:22 PM