Adam Lambert | Music | News

Listen: Adam Lambert's 'Aftermath' Remix to Benefit The Trevor Project

LambertAdam Lambert will be performing an acoustic version of his track "Aftermath" on American Idol this Thursday, and he'll be releasing a remix of the song as a single shortly thereafter, with a portion of the proceeds directed to The Trevor Project, the national suicide helpline for LGBTQ teens.

Said Lambert about the single: "[“Aftermath”]...was written about finding the courage to be honest with yourself and the people who love you. It's about facing adversity and taking risks in the name of personal liberation. The song takes on different meanings to different listeners. I hope this song inspires people to be who they truly want to be... And dance!"

Listen to the remix and Ryan Seacrest's interview with Lambert, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Love him and love his talent.

Posted by: jj | Mar 9, 2011 8:31:28 PM

2. There are three versions of this song; the one from Adam's album For Your Entertainment, an acoustic version from his Acoustic EP album, and this new dance remix.

Every version is quite different and good. People should check em out.

Hopefully, people will buy the dance remix from his website tomorrow night to help out The Trevor Project.

Adam will be singing an acoustic version on American Idol tomorrow.

Posted by: Josh | Mar 9, 2011 8:35:37 PM

3. The Trevor Project is not the only organization with a national suicide helpline for GLBTQ teens.

Posted by: CGD | Mar 9, 2011 8:47:32 PM

4. The original acoustic (not remix) version of Aftermath is part of the "Adam Lambert Acoustic Live!" EP. It's available for downloading on iTunes and Amazon.com.

Posted by: JohnJ | Mar 9, 2011 9:45:40 PM

5. Sorry, it's a great thought, but "a portion" of the proceeds from a remix of his isn't really much if we don't know what that portion is. And several of the people commenting above sound a bit involved in the process. Like people don't know where to download music.

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 9, 2011 10:13:05 PM

6. Paul, all of the money from the sales on AdamOfficial.com will go. When it is sold on Itunes, all but the portion Itunes takes will go to The Trevor Project, which is why they are putting it on AO first.

Posted by: LiamB | Mar 9, 2011 10:16:58 PM

7. Saw Adam twice on his Glam Nation tour, the Kansas City Mo show was picketed by those bastard Westboro idiots. Such a disgrace.

Adam was visibly upset by this.

Posted by: Douglas | Mar 9, 2011 10:57:17 PM

8. It's nice to have an actual gay man in the mix along with all the diva empowerment songs. I've always liked Adam, he seems sweet and is well spoken in interviews. Hope his next album isn't so over produced.

This dance mix is pretty good, a little on the slow side but I'll buy it.
    Wish he could have used "Broken Open" somehow, it's the one song on his album that I loved and it sort of fits with the Trevor Project.

Posted by: IAN F | Mar 9, 2011 11:14:25 PM

9. Well it's nice to see he's finally doing something for the gay community. With all the non-stop hatred that people throw at Gaga for doing all that she's done for the community I almost never see anyone criticizing Lambert for doing absolutely nothing.

If I've missed some things he has done, I do apologize, and I do have to applaud him for donating a portion of the proceeds but I quite honestly cannot stand him as an artist. I think I'll just donate to The Trevor Project again instead of having to listen to his music...

Posted by: SKOC211 | Mar 9, 2011 11:21:40 PM

10. Eh, the kid went on a reality show and was vaulted into the spotlight overnight. I don't know if he's done anything else or not, but I don't fault him for taking some time to figure out how to handle everything and not sound like an idiot like so many celebrities who either sound preachy and strident or completely clueless about charities they're supporting. Sometimes they hurt rather than help. But he's surprisingly well spoken in this interview.

The important thing is the donation, I doubt anyone, let alone Lambert cares if you buy the song or just give straight to the Trevor Project, supporting it is definitely the point.

Posted by: Mel | Mar 9, 2011 11:46:03 PM

11. It looks like Adam Lambert may have been advised to tone down his homosexuality in his message and in his music.

On a broader note, doesn't anyone find it absurd that the women in music are allowed to say they're bisexual - even it's fake - but a man who's genuinely into men is advised against saying so? Major double standard. The truly bizarre thing is that the advice is coming from basically the same group of people.

The sad thing is that the GLBT media has failed to criticize the music industry on this very blatant double standard.

Posted by: brian | Mar 10, 2011 7:19:15 AM

12. SKOC211,i gess you don't follow im ,you speak about doing somthing for the community?his prensence, been openly gay in the beginning of is cariere is doing somthing,& it's a shame that glbt like you don't supports him & critics him.I can't never understant GLBT community who prefers "gay friendly" than their owns.by the way i hope you have done a lot for your community yourself.KISS FROM Paris

Posted by: darling | Mar 10, 2011 7:57:39 AM

13. Aftermath...is the name of one of the best records ever produced by any band ever...the Rolling Stones.....Adam...you are no Rolling Stone

Posted by: Chriss | Mar 10, 2011 9:36:22 AM

14. It's great that he's doing this... The Trevor Project didn't start the "It Gets Better" campaign though. That was Dan Savage.

Posted by: Matt | Mar 10, 2011 10:56:22 AM

15. I love Adam I cannot wait to see him on Idol tonight.

Posted by: Marie | Mar 10, 2011 2:22:04 PM

16. He's amazingly talented, seems humble, and is indeed a role model for young gays to look up to and see it truly DOES get better.

Posted by: SteveATL | Mar 11, 2011 1:25:33 AM

17. @Chriss Mar. 10 9:36 .........

It would seem as though you have ADAM's *AFTERMATH* mixed up with the Rolling Stones song. AFTERMATH by ADAM .. was co- written by ADAM .. Alisan Porter .. and Ferras for ADAM's FIRST album *FOR YOUR ENTERTAINMENT* on which ADAM collaborated with many music hit makers such as Dr. Luke .. Max Martin .. but NO 'covers' are on this album. Buy it ... it's really GOOD!

Posted by: tess4ADAM | May 4, 2011 5:15:59 PM

18. hey this looks good

Posted by: Energy saving scheme | May 6, 2011 11:29:08 PM

19. Greetings from Norway!

I came over this site when reading about The Trevor Project online. Personally I am very passionated by all of the work that The Trevor Project is doing especially their crisis lifeline. I know how it is to be discriminated for being a lesbian, to be told I am sick for loving another woman. Enough is enough there should be equal rights for all no matter who you are or were you live.

Adam Lambert is a true inspiration to me for everything he is doing for the LGBTQ-community. I love his song! :)

I am running my own fundraiser on a site called Crowdrise, here you can see it: http://www.crowdrise.com/fundraiserelise/fundraiser/elisemariemyrvangeik there are many teammembers supporting it from all over the world. I would love you to become a teammember to and help support my fundraiser to raise more funds for helping gay teens.

Cheers,