Michelle Bachmann | New Hampshire | Republican Party

Michele Bachmann Misfires During Speech In NH

Bachmann
GOP Congresswoman Michele Bachmann and 2012 hopeful made her first trip to New Hampshire and couldn't get some basic history quite right.

Bachmann told a crowd of supporters: "What I love about New Hampshire and what we have in common is our extreme love for liberty. You're the state where the shot was heard around the world at Lexington and Concord."

Thing is, The Battle of Lexington and Concord occured in Massachusetts not the Granite State.

Bachmann acknowleded her mistake on Facebook but still sucked up to voters New Hampshire: "So I misplaced the battles Concord and Lexington by saying they were in New Hampshire. It was my mistake, Massachusetts is where they happened. New Hampshire is where they are still proud of it!"

WMUR has video of the flub.

Comments

1. Look, I can see Russia from my house! Palin/Bachmann 2012 -- the dream ticket.

Posted by: Bart | Mar 12, 2011 6:07:00 PM

2. The "correction" is simply idiotic.
    2012 hopefuls MB and Sarah Palin. F*** yeah GOP.

Posted by: Matt26 | Mar 12, 2011 6:08:50 PM

3. So she manages to insult both NH *and* MA in her rebuttal? Brilliant.

Posted by: NaughtyLola | Mar 12, 2011 6:10:26 PM

4. Is it really necessary to post this? We know she's an idiot.

Posted by: EI | Mar 12, 2011 6:20:15 PM

5. Not the even the United States is dumb enough to elect this fool. By making the prior statement, I'm assuming that George W Bush is actually smarter than her.

Posted by: Gregoire | Mar 12, 2011 6:27:02 PM

6. Was this really worth posting? I mean, we all hate Michele Bachmann, but really, a whole post for one little geographic innacuracy?

Posted by: Adam | Mar 12, 2011 6:33:49 PM

7. "What a waste it is to lose one's mind. Or not to have a mind is being very wasteful."
    -Dan Quayle

Posted by: Tone | Mar 12, 2011 6:47:05 PM

8. Damn! Blame Reagan. Ever since he let the mentally crazy not have to locked up, we get this.

Posted by: FunMe | Mar 12, 2011 6:54:34 PM

9. So she corrects her mistake by insulting the patriotism of Massachusetts? Classy.

Posted by: JT | Mar 12, 2011 6:56:08 PM

10. Someone tell Stepford they're missing an inmate... I mean wife!

Seriously though, she is *not* representative of Minnesota. I'm at a loss as to why she keeps getting re-elected.

Posted by: JDB | Mar 12, 2011 7:52:33 PM

11. Crazy. And stupid. No news here.

Posted by: John | Mar 12, 2011 8:16:58 PM

12. if this the future of the repuks they should start looking to extinction. the tea party proves you don't have to smart to run for office. if michelle doesn't get reelected she could always work for faux news channel right along with sarah palin. picture that newscast.

Posted by: walter | Mar 12, 2011 9:30:25 PM

13. If the Soviet Union hadn't collapsed and made red a color available to non-commies, women like Bachmann and Palin would be stuck wearing green and blue and yellow and would lose a lot of their appeal...

Posted by: BobN | Mar 12, 2011 9:46:57 PM

14. It's really sad to watch the corporate media and all it's feeble minded sheeple echo the trivial misinformation to the brainless idiots that eat it up like hungry vultures and then dance around pointing fingers and singing nanny-nanny-boo-boo! LMAO Losers!

Posted by: celebs4truth | Mar 12, 2011 10:01:11 PM

15. Stupidest. Person. Ever.

Posted by: ChrisQ | Mar 12, 2011 10:21:52 PM

16. Can't this poor, misinformed woman hire a good nanny minder to keep her out of trouble? If I could hold my nose, I might apply for the job. Not!

Posted by: Joe in CT | Mar 13, 2011 12:06:28 AM

17. & I'm supposed to support Obama to prevent this nud-nik from taking his job?

Posted by: pat | Mar 13, 2011 1:26:33 AM

18. @ Pat: Absolutely you have a responsibility to support Obama. He has more integrity than any U.S. president has ever possessed. In the first half of his first term, he accomplished over 85% of what he said he would accomplish. He stands for freedom, intelligence, knowledge, equality, and truth. (Is that threatening to you?) He is the reason I as a Canadian can once again stand the United States. He honestly provides and represents hope. You are so fortunate.

Posted by: PH | Mar 13, 2011 1:58:37 AM

19. If you look up the word Nincompoop in any dictionary, her photo is attached!

Posted by: Bill Cooney | Mar 13, 2011 3:00:22 AM

20. http://28.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfm8b1DdaJ1qgr3wxo1_500.jpg

Posted by: rw | Mar 13, 2011 5:28:11 AM

21. "Elitist" is what GOPers call the left in a lame attempt to cover up their SHEER LACK OF BASIC EDUCATION.

GTFO! Dummies!

Posted by: Priscilla Queen of the Jungle | Mar 13, 2011 6:03:29 AM

22. "Elitist" is what GOPers call the left in a lame attempt to cover up their SHEER LACK OF BASIC EDUCATION.

GTFO! Dummies!

Posted by: Priscilla Queen of the Jungle | Mar 13, 2011 6:08:34 AM

23. I wish someone would go into her district and report/describe the friggin' idiots who elect this woman and subject us to her aggressive stupidity. Do they manufacture anything I'm buying and could do without?

Posted by: Esurb | Mar 13, 2011 9:38:57 AM

24. Was she homeskooled?

I strongly disagree with people who seem to imply that Michele Bachmann's statements shouldn't be reported or publicized. She is a powerful person, and she has a long, long history of homophobia. I say: Shine a bright light on every idiotic thing she says. These gems are well worth covering here and elsewhere.

Like the Westboro Baptist Church, she is dialectically helpful in effecting favorable cultural shifts.

Her slam at the state of Massachusetts when she should have given an undiluted apology -- I mean, that's extraordinary. She is low on all of humility, tact, and fluency on American history. **She is the face of social-religious conservatism in America today, and let's let no one forget that.**

Posted by: FPR | Mar 13, 2011 9:54:26 AM

25. Bachmann is running for president? I guess my dog should join the race as well!

Posted by: NY2.0 | Mar 13, 2011 3:46:04 PM