I'm Not Gay | Michelle Rodriguez | News

BigGayDeal.com

Michelle Rodriguez: 'I'm Not a Lesbian...Michi Likes Sausage'

Rodriguez

At the premiere of her new film Battle L.A., Michelle Rodriguez was asked by Rumorfix if there were any rumors she'd like to clear up.

Said Rodriguez: "I'm not a lesbian....yeah. Michi likes sausage."

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Previously
Michelle Rodriguez is Very Angry You think She's a Lesbian [tr]
Michelle Rodriguez Rants Against Curve for Outing Her [tr]
Actress Michelle Rodriguez Outed by Girlfriend? [tr]

Comments

1. I thought it was already established that she was Bi, at the least? I mean, as many vids/pics of her making out with women, and the girlfriends (Kristiana Loken), and her never showing up anywhere with a dude, I think its pretty clear. I personally think she is a lesbian, but I'm not into dragging people out of the closet, so whatever. The only problem I have with celebs fiercely complaining that they aren't gay, over and over, is that it gives the impression that something would be wrong/bad if they were.

Posted by: Wicked1 | Mar 10, 2011 10:00:20 AM

2. "Any rumors you'd like to clear up?"

"Yeah, that Michi is a class-act"

Clearly, she is not.

Posted by: Pete n SFO | Mar 10, 2011 10:09:14 AM

3. @Wicked1: Seriously! It's fine to dispel a rumor but it would really thoughtful and socially conscious of them to add something like, "Which, by the way, there is nothing wrong with being gay. Gays deserve full civil rights just like everyone else in our society!"

Anyway...she def sets off my gaydar. But only for stereotypical reasons:

--Her gruff, raspy voice.
    --In pretty much every movie I've seen her in, she plays some rough-and-tumble army-geared-up woman (i.e., tomboy).

Posted by: Priscilla Queen of the Jungle | Mar 10, 2011 10:22:23 AM

4. "I thought it was already established that she was Bi, at the least."

She could be. Just because someone is NOT a strict vagetarian doesn't imply she ONLY likes meat.

Posted by: GregV | Mar 10, 2011 10:38:35 AM

5. I've got a mashup of the Chris Kattan-as-Anne Heche SNL skit and the Kristanna Loken interview in my head now. "I'm not gay gay; I'm *Kristanna* gay". But whatever ;)

Posted by: Sean Mac | Mar 10, 2011 11:06:02 AM

6. "I personally think she is a lesbian, but I'm not into dragging people out of the closet, so whatever." I have no idea what this means. You're not entitled to your opinion? Your opinion is definitive reality? By voicing your opinion you're doing something wrong to Michelle Rodriguez?

I know it can't be that last part, because then you'd be saying that being gay is so awful that you can't even say you think someone else is gay. That would be pretty awful to think that. Being gay's great, by the way. It's really one of the best compliments you can pay someone.

Go easy on yourself. You're not God. You can actually talk about someone being obviously gay and the world won't come to an end.

And, of course, Michelle Rodriguez is a lesbian. Apparently, she's getting some rotten career advice. Too bad for her.

Posted by: ohplease | Mar 10, 2011 11:14:04 AM

7. I actually thought she had come out as a lesbian or bi back when 'The Fast and the Furious' first hit theaters. I was even pretty sure she had a GF. I guess that was a rumor and/or publicity stunt.

Posted by: Ioann | Mar 10, 2011 11:42:40 AM

8. Yeah, this is kinda disappointing as I saw first-hand a very public fight she got into with her girlfriend last year at a party at the Cannes Film Festival.

Unless she's trying to be coy and avoid saying directly that she's bi, she's doing a disservice to herself and anyone else on the fence about coming out.

Posted by: Erik | Mar 10, 2011 12:04:54 PM

9. She has said that she's not a comedian like Ellen Degeneres and that she thinks being known as gay in her industry would hurt her career opportunities.
    Kristanna Loken answered questions about whether she had been sexually involved with Rodriguez in 2005 by saying, “There is the $64,000 question. Um…I don’t even know how to answer that.”

I don't know why anyone would jump to any conclusions. I mean, if someone says she's not gay, that doesn't mean she's not bi. If she says she's not straight, that doesn't mean she is gay. If she says she's into men, that doesn't mean she's not into women. And if she says she's not sure how to answer whether she had a relationship with a particular person, that doesn't mean that she did (or didn't).

Posted by: GregV | Mar 10, 2011 12:08:45 PM

10. "Michi likes sausage."

Who says that????

Posted by: Austin | Mar 10, 2011 12:12:22 PM

11. W.O.W.... she was so damn QUICK to spew that she wasn't a lesbian, it made my whole head spin! Thanks for clearing that up, Michelle. We wouldn't want such a HORRID lable to be placed on you.

NEXT.

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Mar 10, 2011 12:54:31 PM

12. For a lot of people being gay is not easy to accept. Who knows if she's gay or not. Who knows if her bravado about liking sausage is an act. Don't assume that her personal life is as simple as you want it to be. Having worked in Hollywood (behind the scenes) for a long, long time, I know lots of actors and others who seem gay but live straight lives and others who live on the fence. Not only are there social and professional decisions to weigh, but some people lie in the middle of the extremes of being gay or straight. Just take her at her word, appreciate her work (or not) and forget about her personal life.

Posted by: dms | Mar 10, 2011 2:29:38 PM

13. I could not have said it better. I applaud you DMS!

Posted by: wopboptorledo | Mar 10, 2011 2:45:20 PM

14. What she's basically saying is "I'm not one of those nasty, man hating lesbians"

I'd respect someone who said they don't want to talk about their personal life, but I find answers like this one offensive.

Posted by: D. | Mar 10, 2011 4:57:33 PM

15. I like sausage too.

New Rule: All new coming-out should be done quick and dirty like this.

Posted by: Randy | Mar 10, 2011 8:21:14 PM

16. She's a lesbian. Everyone in Hollywood who has dealt with her knows she's a lesbian. Why she thinks this story will fly is beyond me.

Posted by: pigboye | Mar 10, 2011 10:53:00 PM

17. She's not a lesbian?! Has she told her girlfriend?!

Posted by: Wirrrn | Mar 11, 2011 12:50:30 AM

18. Hey, if you want to place your "career" before your ability to live life honestly and with integrity, then so be it. You're an actor. You're paid to pretend. How unfortunate to blur fantasy with reality. Have another drink, Michi. Not being true to yourself is the reason for your alcoholism.

Posted by: Your Mom | Mar 11, 2011 3:14:29 AM

19. While I agree with DMS I also agree with Mom above. I do think a lot of people are too quick to 'clear things up' basically for the sake of studio execs who they hope will hire them and make them a star. A lot of these people are trying to ladder climb and they know being openly honest about their personal lives can lead to some fat suit turning them down for roles.

But the way she goes about it is just silly. And kind of embarrassing. For her.

Posted by: EM | Mar 12, 2011 3:35:41 PM

20. I love how all of a the lesbians on this site are all frustrated like they have a shot with Michelle F'N Rodriguez... If she does go for chicks its obvious to me that its on the "girls gone wild" level of bi-sexin and not lets move to Vermont and get married level.

Posted by: benny lava | Mar 30, 2011 12:47:37 PM

21. I'm very glad for her. We should all be happy that she is not a gay.

Posted by: Vinny | Apr 12, 2011 1:06:15 AM

22. Everyone just needs to back off.If it was not.for her or.any other actress or actor you wouldn't have nothing to.watch....its know ones business...

Posted by: april | Jun 15, 2011 2:07:35 AM

23. What the hell is wrong with you people? Do you like it when someone calls you a liar? If she says she's not a lesbian, THEN SHE'S NOT. Leave it be.

Posted by: Nan | Oct 30, 2011 6:42:05 PM

24. Ok maybe its just me but isn't someone's personal life suppose to be jus that, PERSONAL... Its nobody business... How would any of you people like your personal life questioned... You people really need to get a life and mind your own business... We dont need to know her sexual preference to like her as an actress... Wow you people are judging her while you probably don't even look in the mirror first and judge yourselves... But you'll judge her... Wow... All i know is she a great actress and thats all i need to know...

Posted by: Layla | Nov 1, 2011 3:38:44 AM

25. "Michi likes sausage" Yeah, people don't say that. She's bisexual at the least. She has already claimed to have slept with women before. I must admit that this just might be me wishful-thinking... she is so damn fine when she dresses up all tomboyish... just sayin'

Posted by: Sophie | Jun 6, 2012 3:45:04 AM