Palin Slams Obama on DOMA, Wrongly Accuses Him of ‘Flip-Flop’

The National Organization for Marriage solicited a statement from Sarah Palin on Obama's recent announcement that he finds Section 3 of DOMA unconstitutional and will refuse to defend it in court.

Writes Palin: Palin

"I have always believed that marriage is between one man and one woman. Like the majority of Americans, I support the Defense of Marriage Act and find it appalling that the Obama administration decided not to defend this federal law which was enacted with broad bipartisan support and signed into law by a Democrat president. It's appalling, but not surprising that the President has flip-flopped on yet another issue from his stated position as a candidate to a seemingly opposite position once he was elected."

Wrong since Obama has campaigned on the repeal of DOMA from the beginning.

Comments

1. ratbastard says

I’m not a Sarah Palin fan, but what’sup with always showing her shooting a rifle or gun LOL? Is owning a gun/rifle, shooting, target practicing, hunting, etc., evil? She is in Alaska afterall, not England or Europe. I understand most Brits and Euros have been conditioned to be terrified of firearms, firearm ownership, hunting by average citizens.

2. princely54 says

This just involves too much thinking for this snowbilly. How can one want one thing (no gay marriage) yet think about whether a law is unconstitutional? Don’t you just plow forward regardless? Her head must be aching from this!

The best thing of all is that she can’t get the Pres (or his wife) to take the bait on anything…ignoring her is the best response. We should ALL follow his lead on this one.

3. Disgusted American says

wow – I cant stand that woman….and when I hear her speak….aaargh, its like nails on a chalkboard, or charlie Brown’s teacher…..it all sounds the same,same tonality too…….this woman needs to GO AWAY!

4. patrick nyc says

As Bette would say, ‘Fasten your seat belts’. The GOP is going to try and out gay hate themselves this year. Sit back and get the popcorn girls, it’s going to be a long show.

5. Rob says

Once again we hear from the GOPer brainiac that could-have-been-the-VP under maniac could-have-been-President John McCain. Her idiocy knows no bounds. So, in an effort to support the Obama re-election campaign, run, Sarah, run!

6. Paul says

Ratbastard (charming name) – Sarah Palin regularly poses with guns and dead animals. If she is perfectly happy to put out press stills with such imagery why shouldn’t the press use them?

Brits aren’t scared of firearms we are scared of lunatics getting hold of weapons. Are you aware that we also have considerably less gun massacres in the UK. Perhaps our fear of has lead to some tighter gun control that actually is saving innocent people from being gunned down in shopping malls, burger joints and schools?

(or even lunatics getting their fingers anywhere the button that sets off a nuclear war)

7. AJ says

I am not a gun crazy lunatic, in fact I loathe them, but the first thing a government turning radical does is disarm the public. THAT gives me nightmares. As for Palin, I totally agree. IGNORE HER. Just like the Fred Phelps freaks. If no one pays any attention to them, do they have a voice?

8. Phil says

Ignoring her is a good option. The only alternative is recognizing all of this “ant-gay-Palin-in-2012″ BS as typical of the Republican Party’s current 2012 strategy of attacking everything gay. Palin IS still popular in Repug circles.

9. says

I would love nothing more than if Sarah Palin disappeared off the face of the earth, but I think it’s worthwhile pointing out how anti-gay politicians like Palin, Huckabee, Gingrich (basically all potential Republican nominees for 2011) depend on ignorance and/or lies to make their cases because they cannot rely on facts or rationality.

10. redball says

I agree, Ernie. I prefer to know exactly what the buffoons are up to, especially ones like Palin who are (unfortunately) popular enough politically to even have a slim shot at real political power in the coming years.

11. jerry says

In my opinion ,maybe if she spent more time focusing on her own family instead of other families her daughter would not have turned out to be the town tramp.

12. ratbastard says

@paul,

I need no pompous lecture from you about UK ‘Gun Crime’ or really anything else. In fact, the UK has plenty of crime, including violent crime.

And yes, firearms are demonized by leftist Europeans, Brits, and Americans. Oddly enough, these same people usually hate cops too, but run to them when they get jumped, beat up, etc., because they don’t know how or can’t defend themselves…and don’t want anyone else to be able to defend themselves.

The neighborhood of the big city I live in hasn’t had a murder in 2 years Paul, and in fact most of America is like that. No lectures, but you do realize the U.S. is an enormous country population and geographical area-wise compared to the UK? A lot goes on here and it’s widely reported around the world.

13. says

Not sure why incorrect and ignorant anti-gay statements by Palin have devolved into a who-hates-loves-guns diatribe. Palin likes guns and clearly likes to be photographed pointing them. If she didn’t the photographs wouldn’t exist. So why is it a problem to show Palin doing what Palin likes to do? I guess it provides an excuse to have tantrums about issues completely unrelated to lbgt rights. Seems like the real problem is that she continually lies and spreads misinformation, in this case misinformation about DOMA, something that affects us more than Palin’s hunting habits.