News | Supreme Court | Westboro Baptist Church

BigGayDeal.com

Phelps Clan Member Reacts to WBC SCOTUS Decision, Hackers: End Time is Close 'Because Satan is in a Rage'

Margie_phelps

The Westboro Baptist Church's Margie Phelps reacted to yesterday's 8-1 Supreme Court decision allowing them to continue inflicting their hate at military funerals.

Says Phelps: "Twenty years into this, you wanna keep on blathering about our motive being unkind? We are trying to warn you to flee the wrath of God. Flee!"

Adding, of recent attacks against the church:" Several of our members commented, that it's probably getting close to time, because Satan is in a rage."

Watch Phelps, and Albert Snyder, the plaintiff of the lawsuit, react, AFTER THE JUMP...

And here's Albert Snyder, the plaintiff and father of the dead soldier, reacting to the case:

Comments

1. Well, clearly they've been listening to Satan all along. Sure as hell couldn't have been listening to God, so sure, I'm sure they have a good, close connection with Satan himself.

Posted by: Craig | Mar 3, 2011 7:48:22 AM

2. I thought having the love of God in your heart was supposed to give peace and calm, but the Phelps are always in such a nasty rage. This woman just won her case, and apparently will be getting paid money from that poor father, and yet she's still snarling and raging.

Posted by: Dastius Krazitauc | Mar 3, 2011 7:59:22 AM

3. WOW! I can feel the evil just by looking at the photo...I'm scared to actually play the video.

She needs a sassy gay friend to loosen up that tight-ass skin on her face and dissipate those worry lines.

"You stewpid betch."

Posted by: Priscilla Queen of the Jungle | Mar 3, 2011 8:02:13 AM

4. That's convenient, blaming everything you don't like on Satan. On a different note, I would have to agree that the best strategy here is to keep these groups out in the open so all of us as Americans are conscious that we should not take anything for granted and the crazies are doing their best to undermine any semblance of rational order.

Posted by: Ioann | Mar 3, 2011 8:11:07 AM

5. Satan in a rage? I think it's interesting that they confuse Satan with themselves.

Posted by: Danny | Mar 3, 2011 8:30:20 AM

6. Her kind make the Tea Party seem normal. Let's keep the dialog going.

Posted by: Rad | Mar 3, 2011 8:37:01 AM

7. A perfect example of what true Christianity is not. Shame on those Supreme Court Justices who voted in favor of these goons. The right to free speech doesn't extend to violating the sanctity of grief-stricken families.

Posted by: Jack M | Mar 3, 2011 8:50:29 AM

8. OMG, Margie, it's always "Satan, Satan, Satan" with your bunch. Aren't you being a bit hard on the ol' fallen angel dude? Are you sure it's not WBC leader Fred Phelps-the-child-beater who's behind all your clan's perceived evil troubles??? Hopefully end times indeed are nigh for WBC and its followers. With love and kisses...

Posted by: Rob | Mar 3, 2011 9:07:37 AM

9. That's a classic telltale sign of a cult - a constant "red alert" stance that "we're close" to the end. It keeps people engaged and scared.

@JACK M - The supreme court did what it should. There's a 1st amendment for a reason. It's there to protect minority rights and opinion. We're a stronger country because of this court ruling.

Posted by: joe | Mar 3, 2011 9:11:15 AM

10. She's insane. Treatment is indicated.

Posted by: van | Mar 3, 2011 9:25:31 AM

11. I am in favor of fleeing. Those who want to escape the wrath of God on America should flee, just as Margie says. I think the Westboro folks should lead the way. They should flee first. Flee, I say, flee! Flee to Uganda! Flee to Iran! Please, WBC, please flee the country. Please.

Posted by: jpeckjr | Mar 3, 2011 9:32:36 AM

12. Sometimes we have to protect the speach of idiots, to protect the speach for ourself

Posted by: mymy | Mar 3, 2011 9:35:45 AM

13. well god bless 'em. Or smite 'em. I just wish they'd wash their hair.

Posted by: bozemanmontana | Mar 3, 2011 9:37:20 AM

14. I for one agree with the supreme court. I do not like how it is being manipulated by these westboro people but there will be a time when we on the opposite side of the divide, will cherish our right to that same freedome of speech and expression. These people are full of hate and perhaps that kind of speech should be curtailed, as it is in france, and how lies can not be presented as fact knowingly, as it is in canada, but here in the united states...even the ignorant and hatefilled have a right to that condition and are free to express it. We suffered previously in the '50's with the communist witch hunts and under the Bush administration when our rights were repressed...never do I want that to happen again and I thank the supreme court for doing the right thing and looking beyond this particular instance and seeing the greater vision for our nation. I wish they exercised that same vision when making all their rulings which they do not, most pointedly allowing foreign and corporations to make unlimited financial donations in elections but so be it...at least in this instance...it was a wise and near unanimous decision.

Posted by: Luc | Mar 3, 2011 9:55:21 AM

15. At times I feel I could believe in the existence of God because then I'd believe in Satan and then I would pray that the WBC all go to hell. These people deserve no paradise in the imaginary afterlife.

Posted by: Todd | Mar 3, 2011 10:32:15 AM

16. All it really takes is counter-protestors with signs that read, "Love one another as I have loved you" and "By their fruits ye shall know them". By their fruits the Phelps are known.

Posted by: Raybob | Mar 3, 2011 10:44:48 AM

17. Believe it or not, I'm in agreement with her statement about stopping the killing of our children. I'm assuming she's referring to war. I vehemently disagree with the method she and her ilk use to get that point across. She comes across as very angry and anger never works.

However, I'm confused about her reference to Satan being enraged. If everything they say is true, then why would Satan be the one enraged? Isn't this exactly what he would want? War, greed, disharmony, etc? Isn't it God who would be enraged, and isn't it Jesus' second coming that's supposed to signal the end times, and not Satan's rage?

Did she just inadvertently admit to worshiping Satan, who is apparently their Lord and God? That would make a lot more sense. Someone, please enlighten me.

Posted by: mytwocents | Mar 3, 2011 12:28:26 PM

18. I hope Satan gets here already so he can take these evil people with him.

Posted by: jaragon | Mar 3, 2011 6:32:29 PM

19. I know it's wrong to laugh at the mentally ill, but I just can't help myself. Forgive me... I'm really not a bad guy, but she's almost as funny as Eric Idle doing "mawwiage!" in the Princess Bride.

I actually do feel kinda guilty... like I'm having the giggles watching an alcoholic schizophrenic writhe in the gutter screaming about bugs crawling all over his body. Just when I get a grip on myself I start crying "Satan is in a rage! Miss Satan is having a hissy fit! Oh la, she be havin' a episode! She done be fixin' to go off!" and start all over again.

Posted by: Bryan | Mar 3, 2011 8:44:35 PM