Glee | Kiss | Saturday Night Live | Teabagger | Victoria Jackson

Victoria Jackson Rails Against CNN and Homosexuality

Earlier this week, Victoria Jackson appeared on CNN defending her anti-gay statements about that now much talked about gay kiss on Glee. The former Saturday Night Live cast member continues to rage against against homosexuality in her most recent column in World Net Daily. Jackson rambles on about how she believes the employees and on air talent at CNN are "pod people" and talks about having gay friends who she doesn't seem to believe are really gay (she even writes the word in quotes):

6a00d8341c730253ef014e60086e29970c "Driving to the Atlanta airport, I thought about G, my lifelong college friend from Auburn. He drove with me cross country in my 1980 beat-up Toyota Starlet when I went to Hollywood to be an actress. He was the only person who believed in me. He knows all of my sins. I know a few of his. I always tell him I don't believe he is 'gay' – we went on a date once and even kissed. We wrote a screenplay together. He loves drama. I can picture him now laughing, 'Victoria, what are you doing?! Your career! You'll never work again in Hollywood! Oh, but Hollywood loves a scandal!' And, then the twinkle in his eye. I can see my best friend A, who I also tell is not 'gay,' saying in his British accent, 'Victoria, my shiny, shiny friend! I still love you!' and then the big hug!"

Her take on gay roles in Hollywood:

"Actors play murderers, robbers and gossips, but the gay lifestyle is always glorified. The other sins always seem to be punished or redeemed, but TV shows never show the downside to homosexuality: the loneliness, shame, broken families and marriages, diseases. The shame does not come from 'society' but from God. So, even if the gays get everyone in the world to accept their behavior as "normal," there will still be shame, because it goes against God. Unless sin numbs their soul and their heart turns to stone, they will hear the still, small voice of God saying, 'I have a better way.' I was asked to do a lesbian kiss in a show once, and I said no. But, I'm guilty of being part of a few movies that may have been a bad influence on young people. I'm very sorry to anyone I led away from God."

Watch Annie Solstad of NYC's 3rd wheel comedy troupe do a Saturday Night Live-worthy impersonation of an anti-Little Mermaid Jackson, AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. Why are you giving this nonsense such play?

Posted by: John | Mar 26, 2011 5:59:10 AM

2. I'm sorry but she reminds me of the crazy cat lady from the Simpsons, albeit with the mental capacity of a 4-year-old.

Posted by: Garst | Mar 26, 2011 6:32:29 AM

3. Victoria: And the Band Played On, Philadelphia, Boys Don't Cry, Brokeback Mountain, Making Love, Cruising, Wilde, My Own Private Idaho, Prick Up Your Ears, Longtime Companion, Prayers for Bobby, Milk, Angels in America.

Posted by: Your Mom | Mar 26, 2011 6:47:49 AM

4. P.S. An Early Frost.

Posted by: Your Mom | Mar 26, 2011 6:52:24 AM

5. Her homophobia is a desperate attempt to garner publicity to revive a (righteously) dead career.

Posted by: candideinnc | Mar 26, 2011 6:54:41 AM

6. Wouldn't it be nice if this were an Andy Kaufman/Stephen Colbert performance designed to discredit and make folly of the far right?

You know Victoria, a lot of those casting directors, producers, and studio executives are gay too. Judging by your IMDB credits you need all the help you can get.

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Mar 26, 2011 7:08:58 AM

7. How truly sad that Ms. Jackson is as stupid as she has always sounded.

Posted by: Rhonda Peskey | Mar 26, 2011 7:09:41 AM

8. I can't believe I was really bummed when she left SNL. Tells you how well the publicity machine at 30 Rock works I guess.
    I wonder if Phil Hartman was actually a Nazi or something ...

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | Mar 26, 2011 7:29:10 AM

9. The chick with the Gideon bible is really cracked. look at the eyes.

And a GIDEON bible? WTF? I gues the only bible she has is the one she took from a motel room on her way cross-country with her bud in the 80s.

TOTAL loser.

Posted by: Danny | Mar 26, 2011 7:33:05 AM

10. i remember the Gideon bible people coming to school and giving a talk and giving out bibles.

i was begining to come to terms with my sexuality and looked up homosexuality in the index to the bible and read how my urges were wrong and ungodly. Not exactly the help i needed at that time. Oddly the teachers at the school were pretty liberal and many of them were clearly gay and accepted as such in the way the english middle class used to recognise but not really discuss such things except with very close friends at that time.

What i read in that free bible made my blood turn cold and it probably put me back a few years in slowly dealing with myself.

I have come to the conclusion that the Gideon organisation shoul simply be stopped distributing these indexed bibles to vulnerable young people learning about themselves. i certainly hope that my old school has not had them back since 1983.

Posted by: arch | Mar 26, 2011 8:21:04 AM

11. Oh my god she's a lunatic. I can't be angry with her after reading this, though, she just sounds delusional, like something really isn't right in her head. Talking about her two closest friends and not believing they're gay -- sounds like a broken heart that is channeling itself into something really destructive. That doesn't make me rage at her, it makes me pity her.

Posted by: NaughtyLola | Mar 26, 2011 8:22:24 AM

12. If she truly had 'gay' friends, they wouldn't let her be seen in public wearing that ridiculous bow in her hair. AS matter of fact..NO friend would let wear that god-awful thing.

Posted by: Taylor | Mar 26, 2011 8:22:35 AM

13. Future bag lady... I have no doubt this woman needs mental health care, ASAP.

Posted by: steven | Mar 26, 2011 8:41:21 AM

14. Oh. She's one of those 'Oh, you're not really gay!' women. That explains a lot.
    As for portraying such a role as a viable lifestyle option, I suppose it does go well with the overweight gerbil/emotional terrorist look she's chosen.

Posted by: Go Galt. Please. | Mar 26, 2011 8:58:02 AM

15. Does she keep that bow tied up on her head to stop the intelligent part of her brain from running away in embarrasment from the idiotic side of her brain ?

Posted by: Den | Mar 26, 2011 8:59:33 AM

16. I hate the fact that she voiced the character "Penelope" on Garfield and Friends. One of my favorite cartoons as a kid. lol

Total nutjob!

Posted by: Brian in Texas | Mar 26, 2011 9:09:25 AM

17. Looks like just another fat fag hag that has lost her BFF gays...

Posted by: WB | Mar 26, 2011 9:20:37 AM

18. I dunno....but the wheels seem to have come off!

Posted by: Chriss | Mar 26, 2011 9:23:57 AM

19. "I'm guilty of being part of a few movies that may have been a bad influence on young people. I'm very sorry to anyone I led away from God."

Woman the only place you 'led' people was running out of the theater. As for your gay friends not being 'gay', I don't know how drunk the guy was who you got knocked up with, but you'd turn any man gay, real gay.

Posted by: patrick nyc | Mar 26, 2011 9:41:16 AM

20. Someone should review her movies and SNL skits in light of her bible. Do they portray a christian message, or is she too leading people astray for the sake of her earnings? I bet the latter, and she implies as much.

Posted by: Phil | Mar 26, 2011 9:44:33 AM

21. Doesn't surprise me she has gay friends.

Gay people are so self hating and LOVE witchy women.

Posted by: Rowan | Mar 26, 2011 9:46:44 AM

22. She was never even the slightest bit funny on SNL. If you think she was you are confusing her with Cheri Oteri.

Posted by: Jersey | Mar 26, 2011 9:49:23 AM

23. She so reminds me of Gladys Kravitz, the nosy neighbor from Bewitched. I can just hear her screeching "Abner, Abner!"

Posted by: Bob R | Mar 26, 2011 9:49:30 AM

24. if someone could slap sanity on a baseball bat and beat her with it, she could be slightly less idiotic. her face might look better though

Posted by: Rob | Mar 26, 2011 10:00:36 AM

25. Wow, horribly sad. I remember having a few female friends like her, overweight girls who were secretly in love with me and never willing to accept I was gay. Unrequited love is a very strange poison and it eventually rots the brain.

Posted by: johnny | Mar 26, 2011 10:04:38 AM