Anthony Weiner | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Anthony Weiner Slays Congressional Correspondents Dinner

Weiner

Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-NY) delivered the comedy routine of the night at last night's Congressional Correspondents Dinner, roasting himself, as well as John Boehner, Rand Paul, Cedric Richmond, and Rahm Emanuel, among others

Weiner noted that he and Nancy Pelosi, though often regarded as the extreme portion of the Democratic party, hold many positions that represent the mainstream of heartland America: "Like, for example, both of us believe in mandatory gay marriage."

Weiner also ripped Michelle Bachmann: "I don't know if she is here. She's probably not. She's campaigning in Iowa and organizing in that important caucus state because she's running for President. That's really all I have for that joke."

If you're a Weiner lover, you will love this.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. He's teriffic -- especially smacking down the laothesome Megan Kelly.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Mar 31, 2011 9:20:45 AM

2. Isn't everyone on this site a weiner lover, though? I know I am...

Posted by: Rich F. | Mar 31, 2011 9:53:36 AM

3. Dying. Clearly he's never planning to run for President, but I'd love to see him replace Chuck Schumer one day.

Posted by: Sam | Mar 31, 2011 10:31:30 AM

4. one of the few good guys in politics

Posted by: mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com | Mar 31, 2011 10:37:19 AM

5. I Love me A.Weiner!

..he was funneeee..he KILLED!

Posted by: Disgusted Gay American | Mar 31, 2011 10:55:37 AM

6. I was in TEARS!

Love this guy!

Posted by: Rowan | Mar 31, 2011 12:50:58 PM

7. I am in love.
    He's got my vote for Mayor of NYC.
    If it weren't for Christine Quinn's capitulation to Mayor Bloomberg and foisting a term limits repeal on the NY City Council, he'd probably be our mayor now.
    I know she's gay and has many praiseworthy qualities, but going against the voters of NYC who endorsed term limits twice was a travesty, and she needs to be collecting unemployment soon.

Posted by: bravo | Mar 31, 2011 8:12:47 PM

8. He's no Keith Olbermann. And I didn't see (in respect of audience response) that he 'killed.'

But I'd take him as a replacement for any of the five Republican jerkoffs who represent Nebraska and Western Iowa.

Posted by: EnzoInOmaha | Mar 31, 2011 9:59:34 PM

9. Please note the TWO STOODGES at the head table with him, Ran Paul and Ben Quail, both scions of brilliant political dynasties I might add. If we loose Wiener to NYC, the more smuks like those two will gain power, PLEASE stay where you are Anthony !!!

Posted by: NE Rich | Apr 1, 2011 5:14:48 PM

10. he's adorable. i love smart men.

Posted by: nic | Apr 2, 2011 6:42:37 AM

11. Love the guy. He spoke at two of my graduations growing up. The only thing is... Kew gardens and Rockaway aren't in Brooklyn

Posted by: Rex | Apr 6, 2011 1:25:43 PM