News | Zac Efron

Zac Efron 'Holding Hands With a Guy'!

Zac_efron

The National Enquirer gets excited:

"'I was shocked at how relaxed and open Zac was with this guy,' continued the fellow partygoer. 'He walked around talking to him, smiling and holding his hand right in front of everyone, including Vanessa. People were wondering if maybe it was a stunt to make Vanessa jealous. But truthfully, Zac really seemed into the guy.'"

And he was doing so at an NBA party at the W in L.A. Imagine that!

Comments

1. Well, if he was doing so openly, then he wasn't really "caught" as if he was doing "something wrong."

Further, sensationalism over a person's assumed sexual identity is really getting on my nerves lately. Why is it such a big deal?

Posted by: DAlex | Mar 3, 2011 8:14:19 AM

2. Hollywood agents are poising their touch! These kids keep on fighting their beards!

I blame it on Franco's influence who hasn't been seen with his for months and has allegedly refused to be seen with her, plus still lives with his best bud who is also his business partner and who goes EVERYWHERE with him!

Go kids!

Posted by: Rowan | Mar 3, 2011 8:16:33 AM

3. Homophobia at its best! This dude is straight! ALL THE WAY! The magazine is trash!

Posted by: Josh | Mar 3, 2011 8:21:38 AM

4. Could the filthy rag be anymore homophobic without dropping the f-word?

Posted by: David Phillips | Mar 3, 2011 8:22:45 AM

5. If it was two women holding hands, society wouldn't bat an eyelid. Yet another example of the double standards that our modern liberal society possesses....

Posted by: brian | Mar 3, 2011 8:23:43 AM

6. Oh no! In the same issue: "Gwyneth Paltrow Gives Birth To Alien Zombie While Suggesting New Italian Getaways For GOOP"

Posted by: Ioann | Mar 3, 2011 8:29:26 AM

7. If it's true, in entertainment business it is a (unfortunately) big deal $$$. Imagine the pressure young stars face each day with the press, not to mention everyone with a cellphone camera.

Posted by: Rob West | Mar 3, 2011 8:31:07 AM

8. *yawn*

Posted by: ratbastard | Mar 3, 2011 8:31:14 AM

9. Considering that Zac Efron is prettier than most Hollywood starlets, I would not be surprised if his hand-holding partner just happened to be straight.

Posted by: Rick S. | Mar 3, 2011 8:41:23 AM

10. *yawn* *yawn*

Posted by: RATBASTARD | Mar 3, 2011 8:47:44 AM

11. Yawn all you guys want, *I'M* interested!

Posted by: Brent | Mar 3, 2011 8:50:31 AM

12. (Thinking about posting... but wondering if what I'd say would make all the lonely old perverts here who idolize Zac Efron get all catty and bitchy with me... wonders if it is worth it...)

Posted by: RATBASTARD | Mar 3, 2011 8:51:06 AM

13. In all these rags the alleged gays are seen "holding hands."

WHO HOLDS HANDS??!!!!!!

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | Mar 3, 2011 9:03:48 AM

14. So Efron may be gay.

Or maybe he's not.

Ok.

Hope he's happy and finds someone to love either way.

Posted by: John | Mar 3, 2011 9:10:38 AM

15. Don't trust the rag. They love using the "GAY" card for SHOCK value. If he did and is, so be it, if not, that is fine too!

Posted by: CB | Mar 3, 2011 9:11:29 AM

16. @David. The young gay boys seem to hold hands a lot. It seems very high school to me but I think they feel they are making a public statement by doing it. Good for them I guess but the really brave ones are the drag queens. Go queens go.

Posted by: james in toronto | Mar 3, 2011 9:14:30 AM

17. What??????

He was holding hands with me last week!

Posted by: deen | Mar 3, 2011 9:18:37 AM

18. I hold hands with my boo! But only in gayborhoods, for the most part.

Posted by: Priscilla Queen of the Jungle | Mar 3, 2011 9:26:43 AM

19. Zac Efron is not straight all the way. Anybody who has worked with him knows he's gay and not particularly secretive about it. Maybe he's testing the waters or maybe he's fallen in love and can't help himself -- either would be good things.

He's so fricking cute though. My crushes are usually very age-appropriate but he turns me into a complete troll.

Posted by: Jonathan | Mar 3, 2011 9:36:35 AM

20. High school? Something that only young guys do? Really? Anyone who believes that is really sad.

There is something really nice about holding hands with my husband of 20 years. It's called being affectionate. It's nice to show someone that you care for them.

I do it sometimes while walking down the street. I do it sometimes while watching television. I do it sometimes at the movies. In restaurants. In the car.

You should try it.

Posted by: Guy from DC | Mar 3, 2011 9:50:50 AM

21. Ridiculous loaded homophobia. It's as if he's doing something wrong by not being with a woman, and the whole "it was to make Vanessa jealous" is even more offensive. I just can't believe we are still at the stage where being a man who likes other men is still "OMG, that's so weird!" or that it's somehow not real or legitimate. Really offensive and pretty upsetting.

Posted by: Francis | Mar 3, 2011 10:03:04 AM

22. GASP!

*clutches pearls*

ESCANDALO!

Posted by: Acronym Jim | Mar 3, 2011 10:08:50 AM

23. @Guy from DC - Thank you. My husband and I were really into hand holding. We did a few other things as well.

Posted by: Mike in the Tundra | Mar 3, 2011 10:19:01 AM

24. @John: Beautifully stated, man.

Posted by: Dave | Mar 3, 2011 10:19:15 AM

25. Our North American Puritanical notions about masculine behavior are SOO boring. Straight men in many cultures hold hands, walk arm in arm, maintain close personal spaces. It has little to do with sex or sexual attraction. All these are indications of friendship and trust, and physical intimacy promotes social cohesion. Why can't people see this as positive? No, we prefer to punch and kick and keep a "safe distance".

Posted by: CoMo'mo | Mar 3, 2011 10:19:24 AM