Kiss | Matt Damon | Michael Douglas | News | Playing Gay

Matt Damon: When I Kiss Michael Douglas I am Making Out with Catherine Zeta-Jones

Douglas_damon

Matt Damon continues to meditate on his upcoming kiss with Michael Douglas in their Liberace biopic:

"I never thought I would get to kiss Michael Douglas. I kind of think of it in algebra terms, back to my high-school days. It's like the transitive property – by kissing Michael Douglas, I am making out with Catherine. I was actually kind of upset that I never got to kiss Catherine, but now I get to kiss Michael. I thought it would have been better if I could have at least kissed them both. There's scripted that there's actually more than one."

Comments

1. I think the more important quote is, "I thought it would have been better if I could have at least kissed them both."

Posted by: Matt | Mar 28, 2011 12:30:52 PM

2. Do we really need to keep talking about this? We get it. You're not gay.

Posted by: Don | Mar 28, 2011 12:39:02 PM

3. This can be boiled down to "I am dumb and this is my second major gay-themed movie, so I will continue to say dumb things."

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 28, 2011 12:43:44 PM

4. On a side note, he deserves merit pay for kissing Michael Douglas. Even I would rather kiss Catherine Zeta-Jones.

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 28, 2011 12:45:16 PM

5. I think he also deserves merit for resurrecting the phrase "transitive property" from the dormant synapses that carry all my memories of 10th-grade Math. Who remembers things like that? Wow.

Posted by: NaughtyLola | Mar 28, 2011 12:49:53 PM

6. as a gay man...........Id kiss the "Streets of San Fransisco" Michael Douglas, but NOT this OLD one....yes, Id rather kiss Ms Jones...

Posted by: Disgusted Gay American | Mar 28, 2011 1:07:32 PM

7. Why doesn't he just say he's doing it for the money? That's something we can all understand.

Posted by: Jack M | Mar 28, 2011 1:48:04 PM

8. He's obviously trying to be funny & some are taking it too seriously here. Can't wait for this movie. It'll be interesting on a psychological level. Even though he was a flamboyant queen, Liberace always denied he was gay publicly, even when he was dying of AIDS. I also remember the big battle for his estate by Damon's character, who was basically a kept man. Hope Soderbergh, Douglas, & Damon will do it right.

Posted by: scar2 | Mar 28, 2011 1:54:17 PM

9. Does this mean Michael Douglas is looking forward to kissing Ben Affleck?

Posted by: BobN | Mar 28, 2011 2:03:15 PM

10. @BobN: Hilarious. Thank you.

Posted by: Paul R | Mar 28, 2011 2:22:32 PM

11. Neither was ever particularly attractive. I'm thinking the success of the movie Capote has something to do with this and the JEH biopic.

Posted by: anon | Mar 28, 2011 2:31:49 PM

12. I think Associative Property works better as an algebraic metaphor for kissing Michael Douglas in lieu of making out with Catherine than Transitive. Specifically Associative Property for Multiplication. Try it.

Posted by: Manny Espinola | Mar 28, 2011 4:26:25 PM

13. BREAKING: straight man fantasises about hot woman whilst kissing older man.

Posted by: Clif3012 | Mar 28, 2011 6:06:24 PM

14. Does anyone really want to see Damon kissing Michael Douglas?! Now Matt making out with Jake G now that I would pay to see...

Posted by: jaragon | Mar 28, 2011 6:43:38 PM

15. BOBN ftw!! ;)

Posted by: RedCedar | Mar 29, 2011 1:51:43 AM

16. "If St Neil of the Patrick Harris said "when I kiss a girl for a role I often think of Francois Sagat" it would be cute. I don't see how this is different."

Posted by: RedCedar | Mar 29, 2011 1:54:19 AM

17. Flamenco Tanka

Shirtless Matt-adore,
    Whirl your bike helmet-for-bull,
    Twirl your red silk shirt,
    Pool-side by moonlight, ballet
    Lee, key-dance Malaguena !

Posted by: Kojack | May 20, 2011 9:27:42 AM

18. Most desireous lines from Liberace 2012 ?

Michael/Matt to Matt/Scott :
    Kiss my WOOLOOMOOLOO !
    Matt/Scott to Michael/Lee :
    Get your blow-hole ready !

Posted by: Donald Tramp | Jun 27, 2011 4:11:52 PM

19. Most desireous lines from Liberace 2012 ?

Michael/Lee to Matt/Scott :
    Kiss my WOOLOOMOOLOO !
    Matt/Scott to Michael/Lee :
    Get your blow-hole ready !

Posted by: Donald Tramp Jr | Jun 27, 2011 4:17:21 PM