Chris Colfer | Glee | Lady Gaga | Music | News

BigGayDeal.com

Listen: Chris Colfer Leads Full 'Glee' Cast Version of 'Born This Way'

Btw

Here's full Glee cast version of Lady Gaga's "Born This Way" which will be featured in the upcoming 90-minute episode. Kurt and Mercedes on lead. Image above from this week's preview tease.

Listen, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. The Glee version of Born This Way sounds pretty underwhelming in my opinion...

Posted by: Emily S | Apr 21, 2011 9:45:55 AM

2. at least it'll give all the GaGa lovers/haters from the other thread a new place to "debate" now that Weird Al's parody-gate is settled. Que the next 60 comments...

Posted by: Brian | Apr 21, 2011 9:57:31 AM

3. The guys/gals did a great job on this! I can't wait to see the show! Now which bigoted religous idiot will be the first to blame them for the next natural diaster? Wait - Has anyone seen Chris Colfer lately - has he been flaming out down in Texas - so that's the cause of the wildfires! LOL Hugs ya'll!

Posted by: Paul | Apr 21, 2011 10:14:35 AM

4. Glee is like Kidz Bop, but for a slightly more mature audience.

Posted by: poison | Apr 21, 2011 10:22:38 AM

5. Chris Colfer is not a good singer. I like the rest of the song though!

Posted by: David | Apr 21, 2011 10:28:38 AM

6. So Mercedes, who has been ignored for basically the show's entire run, gets to lead a song celebrating being different? You could press your clothes with the irony.

Posted by: RW | Apr 21, 2011 10:28:57 AM

7. The version by Sam Tsui and Kurt Schneider is vastly superior to both the original and the Glee version:

Posted by: Eric | Apr 21, 2011 10:37:00 AM

8. @ David: Chris' vocal range and control is amazing and he has shown so in many, many songs. You might not like his voice, or based on this one song say he can't sing -- he's not supposed to sing in this song. He's just talking. But seriously, listen to songs like "Like a prayer", "A chair is still a chair" (I don't know the actual name) or that song where he went all nuts dancing and singing "For me!" --- this kid's got talent oozing out of him.

Posted by: topher | Apr 21, 2011 10:47:35 AM

9. I like Mother Monster's original version much better! WE LOVE YOU GAGA!

Judas Juda-a-a, Judas Juda-a-a, Judas Juda-a-a, Judas GaGa!

Posted by: CRISPY | Apr 21, 2011 10:48:53 AM

10. Ugh.

Posted by: Matt | Apr 21, 2011 11:36:40 AM

11. I just cannot BELIEVE the amount of nasty, cynical queens there are out there. Personally, I am 35 years old and "Glee" brings me to tears almost weekly because I remember the type of shows I grew up with. Gay characters were on the fringes (remember Matt on Melrose Place?), they were stereotypes and you never saw them do anything more than hug. "Glee" is groundbreaking and the fact that it is so successful points to NOTHING but good things for us and our cause. The winds of change are blowing, and people like Gaga and shows like "Glee" are leading the way, whether some people want to roll their eyes and be cynical or not. IT. IS. HAPPENING.

Posted by: AJ | Apr 21, 2011 11:51:46 AM

12. @Topher: BCThat song referring to a chair was "A House Is Not A Home" and it was in my favorite episode ("Home") in which I thought Chris, Matthew Morrison and Kristin Chenoweth all sang amazingly. Rose's Turn ("for meeee") was not my style of song, but Chris' talent in it was obvious.
    @RW: the focus tends to rotate to different characters, and I thought there were some hints last week acknowledging Mercedes' "underuse."

@AJ: I agree. This show not only includes many gay cast members but it's story lines are certainly having a huge impact in helping some viewers to rethink their prejudices.
    Next week's supersized episode is going to advance the storyline on Karofsky's homophobia. I'll be glued to my set, and I expect 10 million or more others will be.

Posted by: Gregv | Apr 21, 2011 1:12:17 PM

13. And I loved Mr. Ryerson's comment to Cheyenne Jackson about being "predatory gay" last week. I was ROTFLMAO

Posted by: AJ | Apr 21, 2011 1:17:54 PM

14. Is anyone actually still watching this show?

Posted by: Paul | Apr 21, 2011 1:40:50 PM

15. Poison, the similarities Glee bears to Kids Bop is exactly how I've felt about the show for so long, but just never managed to say it such a succinct manner. Bravo! =)

Posted by: Austin | Apr 21, 2011 1:42:01 PM

16. "or that song where he went all nuts dancing and singing 'For me!'"

Agree that this was probably the best display of Colfer's talent ever on Glee, Topher, but SHAME SHAME SHAME on you! Not knowing a Merman number from Gypsy when you hear one? Tsk tsk tsk! ;)

Posted by: AdamA | Apr 21, 2011 3:12:13 PM

17. Chris Colfer is a horrible singer and ruins every song they put him in. Not to mention he plays the worst gay stereotype on TV.

Posted by: psiwire | Apr 21, 2011 5:49:57 PM

18. What is it with all of the Colfer bullies? I don't watch the show, but I have seen him in interviews and I doubt he plays his character too far from himself. Don't people have enough to do than write such disparaging and ugly words about a 20 year old gay guy? I thought this was what we were trying to get straight people to stop doing.

Posted by: JeffIn LA | Apr 21, 2011 7:00:21 PM

19. Jeff, there's nothing worse than a bitter, caustic queen who has to piss all over everything he deems "unworthy." Unfortunately, our "community" is full of 'em.

Posted by: Bob | Apr 21, 2011 7:29:35 PM

20. Chris Colfer haters to the left!

There's literally nothing to hate him on. yes, Kurt Hummel is basically Ryan Murphy's avatar, but Chris Colfer himself is amazing.

His acting and singing may not be my cup of tea all the time, but he's talented for sure. While you bitter guys are being jelly for stupid reasons, Chris Colfer is doing his thing with his Golden Globe, indie movie that he wrote, and the pilot script he wrote and sold to Disney.

What have you guys accomplished other than being nasty towards people who are literally snatching your wigs without effort?

Posted by: Richard | Apr 21, 2011 7:40:49 PM

21. I love Chris Colfer and he's an extremely talented actor. But he cannot sing. I find his castrato warble to be extremely grating.

But at least Mercedes is singing this instead of the insufferable Lea Michele.

Posted by: SKOC211 | Apr 21, 2011 8:52:04 PM

22. this sounds much better than gaga's.

Posted by: johnosahon | Apr 21, 2011 9:04:15 PM

23. He literally plays up every terrible stereotype about gay men (extremely feminine, weak, wears womens clothes, preys on straight boys) but still manages to be sexually castrated and therefore "safe" for family audiences. No other minority group would put up with that in this day and age, yet most of the gays act like this kid is some sort of great role model.

Posted by: psiwire | Apr 21, 2011 9:59:13 PM

24. Chris Colfer's version of I Want to Hold Your Hand is amazing. He is a very good singer. His part in Glee's version of Like a Prayer is amazing as well.

Posted by: BigKev | Apr 21, 2011 11:06:55 PM

25. I'm looking forward to this episode *squee*

and the haters will always hate-screw 'em

Posted by: Grover Underwood | Apr 21, 2011 11:54:19 PM