Comments

1. brian says

I’m sorry but I think both Rihanna and Britney are being disrespectful to the GLBT community. They both look like sad attention whores playing to the sleazy straight guy fantasy for girl-girl action.

2. brian says

Andy of Towleroad, why are you giving publicity to Britney and Rihanna? Both have done nothing for the GLBT community. Pretending to be lesbians to appeal to the type of men who hate us gay guys is hardly good for our rights.

Andy, can I suggest you get your priorities in order?

3. wet blanket says

@Ken I’m 18 and find both Rihanna and Britney completely stupid. Could not care in the least about either of them, or this attention-seeking song.

4. luminum says

Whoever autotuned Britney could have at least used a little more finesse. Like even a little.

As for “pretending to be lesbians”, how did you get that? Because two scantily clad women are standing back to back? It just looked like sexualized women. I didn’t catch anything “faux-lesbian” about it. From the song itself, maybe it’s because I listened to the original first, but it just seems like the two of them are singing the same song, not to one another.

5. phillip says

You queens slay me…”Both have done nothing for the GLBT community.” WHO CARES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! It’s entertainment! Not everything has to be political or so f-ing PC! Lighten. Up.

6. Beau says

I think the web site is called Towleroad: A site with homosexual tendencies. I would think since both Rihanna and Britney are very pertinent to the gay club scene with many gay fans that this would be totally appropriate for this web site. We shouldn’t be taking ourselves to serious!

7. Joel says

What’s with the fun-haters? This music is like a summer blockbuster action flick. It’s supposed to be fun first and everything takes a backseat to that.

I actually wrote a paper in college comparing Britney Spears’ music to the Modern Art movement. In the respect that Britney’s music is mastery of a medium (ie the pop production is almost always technically flawless) with no subject matter, it follows established rules of art.

8. Ahmed says

I don’t know why everyone’s hating on these singers so much :S

I for one think that these performers brought us amazing music and still do. Not EVERYTHING has to be big GAY deal. Can’t we just shake our booty’s and be happy?

9. Bryan says

Despite the fact that I love to shake and be happy like the above poster says, I hate this remixed version. Original was much better. They should try harder if they want a successful collaboration like some other two female popstars whom I shall not name 😛