News | Sherri Shepherd

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: The Ladies of 'The View' Discuss Boys and Pink Nail Polish

View

The ladies of The View discussed the J. Crew ad I posted yesterday which had FOX News and its flock up in arms. Sherri Shepherd agrees with the wingnuts angry at J. Crew that boys should not wear pink nail polish. At least she wouldn't allow her son to do so.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Related...
Boy with Pink Toenails in J Crew Ad Sets Off Wingnut Alarms [tr]

Comments

1. Like most people who were brought up by parents in a strict cult, Sherri's having grown up "protected" from worldy information has resulted in her not having developed a bright mind.
    She's the Debbie Matenopoulos of the current panel -- I think the producers want one who represents the American gal who doesn't know much about what's going on in the world.
    Still, I give her the benefit of the doubt about the way she expressed herself in this case because what she said here seems reasonable to me.
    Personally, I think it looks creepy when little girls -- let alone little boys -- get all whored-up in eye shadow and push-up bras.
    While mommy's getting her make-up done, I could see letting a kid get clowned up with a Rudolph nose or something, but otherwise, "This is for mommy" seems reasonable. (She didn't say "because you're a boy.")
    Likewise, if I had a boy (or a girl) who saw me shaving and wanted to get lathered up and shaved, I'd likely say, "This is for Daddy."
    Come to think of it, I wanted to wear my dad's deodorant when I was 8, and that's what I was told. Makes sense to me.

Posted by: GregV | Apr 13, 2011 11:07:34 PM

2. oh yeah i forgot about that part in the bible where god created colors and designated pink to girls and blue to boys

Posted by: sean | Apr 13, 2011 11:48:09 PM

3. Joyless Bray-hard is getting tired.

Posted by: Tom | Apr 13, 2011 11:55:19 PM

4. Sherry is a bible thumping bigot.

Posted by: ewe | Apr 14, 2011 12:36:36 AM

5. Barbara Walters would never allow an anti semite to be a regular host on the view but she promotes Sherry who is an ignorant open homophobe.

Posted by: ewe | Apr 14, 2011 12:38:08 AM

6. THIS FAGGOT RIGHT HERE, Palto. Exemplifying the worst in the gay community. Please go suck a dick, as you are clearly not good for much else.

Posted by: the other chris da chocolatebearcub | Apr 14, 2011 1:18:03 AM

7. How does this unintelligent, moronic, bigoted, non-talented homophobic fraud of an entertainer get a job on a show like this? Pathetic...go away Shepherd, you disgrace to the rights of minorities..you wouldn't have your job if people hadn't stood up for your rights..and you use this platform to spread your ignorant hateful bigotry...for shame...your hero Christ wouldn't do that !! ...ABC...please re-cast SOON!

Posted by: anthony | Apr 14, 2011 1:31:13 AM

8. Sherri....you lost a lot of fans today....bigot !

Posted by: anthony | Apr 14, 2011 1:32:32 AM

9. Interesting perspective coming from a woman who's as dumb as a stick. I'd expect no less.

Posted by: Tre | Apr 14, 2011 2:00:11 AM

10. In europe pink has been a fashionable color for men to wear for years now. I see really tough looking straight men and teens walk around in pink and purple clothes all the time.

Posted by: Snownova | Apr 14, 2011 2:17:33 AM

11. It's witches like her that make me appreciate the h3ll out of my mom. My mom is cool and believes that people need to explore the world because our lives are so short.

Conservative people like Sherri live unhappy, unfulfilled, miserable lives and make everybody else miserable too. That's how they operate.

Posted by: SpunkyBunks | Apr 14, 2011 5:51:00 AM

12. Sherri is unconciously trying to protect her son from ridicule and biggotry that prejudiced grown-up will surely inflict on little boys who like "girly" things. Grown ups are the ones who perpuate prejudice, biggotry, hatred you name it

Posted by: Elceibeno08 | Apr 14, 2011 7:32:50 AM

13. I agree, Sherri is the least smart one of them all. In my opinion she represents the street-smart girl who will do what she has to do to survive, even if it doesn't make sense. Quote her " I don't know if the earth is round or flat,nit's not important to me. Feeding my kids is important"

Posted by: Elceibeno08 | Apr 14, 2011 7:40:02 AM

14. It is painful to see the ignorant making asses of themselves!

Posted by: Arturo Beeche | Apr 14, 2011 11:58:08 AM

15. I cringe every time she opens her mouth. And she knows she's wrong because she becomes so upset when you question her antiquated views. I see Sherry's future: Second divorce, gay soon, diabetes, and a lonely life.

That poor kid of hers doesn't have a chance.

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Apr 14, 2011 12:45:35 PM

16. @Gregv
    You make a valid point of somethings are for grownups and not for little children, but children like to emulate their parents. It hurts no one if you let a boy try on makeup or nailpolish or a little girl lather up like daddy. It has zero meaning. I wouldn't make it a regular ritual per se because i too don't like to see small children made up like hookers on those ridiculous shows like toddlers and tiaras but for experimenting and bonding time, again, not a big deal. Sherry did in fact say, to her son, that no he couldn't wear make-up because he was a boy. She did not say because it was for mommy.

Posted by: Matt | Apr 14, 2011 1:08:48 PM

17. Children like to experiment and role play and do different things so that they can learn what they like and don't like. You can think of it as phases that they go through.

Posted by: anon | Apr 14, 2011 1:42:21 PM

18. i don't understand the big deal. if sherry doesnt want to paint her sons toenails that is her decision. if that son grows up one day and decides he wants to paint his nails then fine, but till then sherry is his parent and she makes the law. i dont think its ignorance, it just how it is, you cant condemn her for that.

Posted by: glitter | Apr 14, 2011 5:39:08 PM

19. Sherry sherry sherry, you are rich and please for pete's sake have some real hair wigs made for yourself..you look stoopid, wigs are supposed to NOT LOOK LIKE A WIG..just sayin i'm an old hair stylist, not even rich but when i wore hair pieces...THEY WERE REAL HAIR..she suck's and poor Jeffrey what a mess of a woman.

Posted by: janet ramsos | Apr 14, 2011 6:30:36 PM

20. Oh, and one other thing....DONALD SUCKS TOO...have a nice weekend folks

Posted by: janet ramsos | Apr 14, 2011 6:32:22 PM

21. Her son's got far bigger issues than gender non-conformity.

Posted by: Matthew Rettenmund | Apr 15, 2011 2:08:11 AM

22. @Glitter: it's because she said "no, you're a boy, so you can't paint your toenails." That's a homophobic/transphobic comment, and is just perpetuating a mentality that has screwed a lot of people over. If she had simply said "no, this is just for mommy" then whatever, but by making it a gender argument, she was feeding into the wingnuts who started this whole "controversy."

Posted by: Will | Apr 15, 2011 9:52:49 AM

23. I think it's ridiculous that everyone is drawing so many conclusions from the fact that Sherri Shepherd doesn't happen to think it's appropriate to paint her young son's toenails pink (or any color) or that she doesn't allow her young son to wear her makeup. I whole-heartedly agree with her. It doesn't make her a bad mother, nor does it make her stupid. She is a parent who sets boundaries for her children. As the child gets older, he will make his own decisions.

Posted by: Todd | Apr 15, 2011 10:43:18 AM

24. "She is a parent who sets boundaries for her children."

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! She admits to undressing in front of the boy! Talk about setting boundaries.

Posted by: Jai | Apr 15, 2011 12:09:09 PM

25. If any boy including Shepard's son wants to wear pink nail polish than let him. It ain't gonna hurt anyone.

Anon,

You do not have to think og it has a 'phase'.

Shepard's son as well as any other boy can wear pink nail polish if they like. Gender is not black-and-white.

Posted by: JVKL | Oct 5, 2012 6:47:46 PM