Ryan Phillippe Quitting Acting, Moving to New York

Ryan_phillippe

Actor Ryan Phillippe says he's tired of the lack of anonymity in L.A. and wants a new life. He tells Page Six brokers have been showing him places in NYC's Soho district:

"It's so hard to go out in LA. I'm going to move. I'm going to spend a third of my year in New York…I think I'm going to end my acting career. I'm so introverted. I'm ready to be behind the scenes. I'm 36, but I've been doing this for 20 years."

Comments

1. mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com says

he is just seeking attention

otherwise he would have just sailed off into the sunset without a word to any press/ only to close friends and family

2. princely54 says

Not that he’s at the same level of fame, but didn’t John Lennon prove that a celebrity can’t go to NYC and simply blend in and become just another face on the street??

I know that he’s had issues with depression so I won’t be surprised if this comes out as a depressive statement.

3. Beau says

Of course he’s depressed, Reese recently got married, and she’s in a new movie. He’s not doing squat with his career right now. The SoHo district will welcome him with open arms, for a while any ways. I could of sworn I saw an interview where he described himself as directing/producing some indie films maybe. I hope he’ll still walk in front of a camera from time to time, it would be a waste not to.

4. NaughtyLola says

@Jeff and when he’s sick of the wild downtown city life, he can come out to East Somerville. I also have a spare room, plus I have a container garden on my front stoop, a fantastic neighborhood pub a 10 minute walk away, and the police have only cased my entire street looking for a drug-dealing felon once since I’ve lived here (three domestic violence calls, and two smash-and-grab robberies, but that’s just “stuff”). He can live quite the anonymous lifestyle here, no problem!

5. mke says

OK that’s cool but don’t come back then. It annoys me when celebrities retire and then come back. Don’t waste our time with press releases telling us you’re going away and then do another movie.

6. ratbastard says

Does he ever smile? I’m not saying you should always have a smile on your face, just that he always looks the same…kinda p*ssed off or sullen. I don’t have a problem with that, just curious.