Advertising | Bullying | Dan Savage | Glee | Google | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Google Ad Featuring Dan Savage and 'It Gets Better' Campaign Airs During 'Glee'

Savage

During tonight's Glee episode, a Google Chrome ad featuring Dan Savage and the "It Gets Better" project. Nice work!

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Excellent

Posted by: Some Yank in Rio | May 3, 2011 9:13:55 PM

2. Wow. Well done!

Posted by: RyanInSacto | May 3, 2011 9:18:23 PM

3. I'm smiling; this message tonight WILL save more than even one life!

Posted by: greg | May 3, 2011 9:21:51 PM

4. Luv u Dan. Thanx for all u do already. :__)

Posted by: just_a_guy | May 3, 2011 9:23:52 PM

5. IT GET'S BETTER...unless you're bisexual. Isn't that right, Dan?

Posted by: vagrantman | May 3, 2011 9:27:31 PM

6. Most excellent! Gotta love Google!

Posted by: Mike | May 3, 2011 9:52:05 PM

7. Awesome!!!! More of Dan Savage and PLEASE less of Trump and Palin.

Posted by: Rick | May 3, 2011 9:57:04 PM

8. One word: chills.

Posted by: David R. | May 3, 2011 10:05:18 PM

9. Yay! Love!

Posted by: Hal | May 3, 2011 10:06:50 PM

10. simply superb!!!

Posted by: simon | May 3, 2011 10:08:11 PM

11. First time a commercial ever made me cry. Damn.

Posted by: Lucas | May 3, 2011 10:11:53 PM

12. Well I guess I'm the only grinch that thinks that while this was an awesome commercial for the most part, it was also a little gross that Google used Dan's efforts and community service as a vehicle to promote a web browser.

Posted by: Bastian | May 3, 2011 10:28:07 PM

13. lucas

I'm right there with you

Damn, near the end I teared up and I tried to fight them "I refuse to cry because of a commercial"

Posted by: mstrozfckslv@yahoo.com | May 3, 2011 10:37:42 PM

14. Aww, shucks, B & M: Good on Google for sponsoring!

And what's with V's hint that Dan has a problem with bisexuals? Hmm.

Posted by: just_a_guy | May 3, 2011 10:47:46 PM

15. Oh please, the "advertising" was so tastefully done. The videos are on the web, and google only came in for one second at the very end to subtly suggest you might use their browser. Sheesh, get a grip.

Posted by: Zlick | May 3, 2011 11:41:42 PM

16. FYI: Google owns YouTube, so the tie-in's a natural.

Posted by: David R. | May 3, 2011 11:49:06 PM

17. That was a great surprise. I didn't know Gaga did an IGB video. Can't find it.

Posted by: IAN F | May 3, 2011 11:54:59 PM

18. Very cool. Placed preciselt where it'll do the most good.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | May 3, 2011 11:59:57 PM

19. @Just_A_Guy

there's a clip of one of his many college speeches on YouTube on his feelings about bisexuality that got people in a tizzy thinking he doesn't believe bisexuality exists. He DOES believe it exists and makes that explicitly clear, but his heavy skepticism angers others too.

If we want to expand on Dan "having a problem" with people...

I think a few months ago there was a stan war between Dan's stans and some stans of this err..."not skinny" (I genuinely thought she's not obese or genuinely overweight, FYI, just saying what they said) woman who runs a blog that's also apparently very popular and ever since then has the "body fascist" tag from many people.

Then there's the accusations against Dan of race-baiting and trans-phobia that you can find on many gay blogs if you look hard enough.

I'm remaining impartial on whether I believe this or not because I don't have the energy for a comments war.

Hopefully that answers your question. :)

Posted by: Leo | May 4, 2011 12:05:42 AM

20. Fantastic commercial. And it's great that it aired. It would be truly amazing if they buy time during a Laker playoff game. Then even more lives would be saved.

Posted by: Jono | May 4, 2011 12:07:56 AM

21. @Leo - WTF?

Re: commercial. ALL commercials (versus public service ads) are about making money. The good generated having a halo affect on the product. I'm willing to be used in this case. That commercial was AWESOME! When I was a kid, this never would have happened.

It happened. The toothpaste can't be put back into the tube. AWESOME!

Posted by: TJ | May 4, 2011 12:39:03 AM

22. Google!

Posted by: Philo | May 4, 2011 1:05:31 AM

23. Highlight of the commercial, Woody from Toy Story. <3

Posted by: B | May 4, 2011 1:06:30 AM

24. I didn't even realize it was an ad, I was just so in awe of it happening, and I doubt any kid who is going to run to their computer and look up the videos did either.

Posted by: spiderseye | May 4, 2011 1:06:59 AM

25. gave me chills. :) I loved that this was on national tv in primetime on one of the biggest shows. Bravo Google!

Posted by: Carissa | May 4, 2011 1:08:35 AM