Graham Norton | Lady Gaga | News

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Lady Gaga Performs 'Edge of Glory' at Radio 1 Big Weekend and Graham Norton Interview

Hair

Lady Gaga will be releasing another track from her upcoming album today. "Hair" is set for release at 1 pm PDT.

MTV: Gagaglory

Fernando Garibay, who worked with Gaga throughout the entire BTWprocess, spoke to MTV News about "Edge of Glory," which he co-produced with Gaga and DJ White Shadow, and the appearance of E Street Band member Clarence Clemons on both tracks.

He noted that "it was her idea" to use Clemons on "Hair" as well as "Edge of Glory" and that "she grew up listening to Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, and she goes, 'Can we get Clarence?' And I go, 'Of course we can get Clarence. You're Lady Gaga!' "

Gaga also performed an acoustic version of "The Edge of Glory" in the UK over the weekend at BBC Radio 1's Big Weekend, and appeared on The Graham Norton Show with Gwyneth Paltrow.

Check them out, AFTER THE JUMP...

Here's the Graham Norton interview:

Comments

1. What pipes.

She will always be Mommy Monster to me.

Posted by: Philo | May 16, 2011 9:03:54 AM

2. Does anyone else get the sense that Lady Gaga has marketed her new album in a completely wrong way? She's released 3 singles to date. This, in my view, has diminished the sense of excitement and expectation that is supposed to accompany a new release. The new singles have also been very ordinary sounding, and lacking the uniqueness of Poker Face or Just Dance.

I think her new album will do well but not as well as might've been.

Posted by: brian | May 16, 2011 9:40:35 AM

3. @BRIAN
    I believe it is because iTunes has changed the way people buy music. People buy songs not albums all the time, so I think she will actually sell more because she keeps releasing one song at a time and continually building excitement. Plus, BTW was a record setting download, so she must be doing something right.

Posted by: Jerry | May 16, 2011 9:56:12 AM

4. Jerry,

Well, in that case, Lady Gaga seems to be wanting to become a singles artist more than an album artist. Sort of like Katy Perry, whose album has hardly figured in the top ten yet whose singles have consistently hit number 1 (four from the album).

At the end of the day, it is album sales that make an artist money. Singles are OK to keep your name in the news but albums are what make you the most money.

Posted by: brian | May 16, 2011 10:25:16 AM

5. Actually, its the live shows that make an artist the most money, and gaga has been touring nonstop for a few years now, selling out venues with very high ticket prices.

Posted by: Wes | May 16, 2011 10:38:06 AM

6. That was gorgeous and I loved that she wrote it for her Grandfather, you could feel her emotion all the way through it.

Posted by: RONTEX | May 16, 2011 10:46:16 AM

7. @Brian, I think this is a very innovative way to marked it, especially when the album has 21 songs on it. I think it wets peoples appetite and makes them want the whole album. I will admit I was not supper excited about the first two singles, but Edge of Glory is by far my favorite. I am excited to listen to hair and the rest of the upcoming album.

Posted by: Andre | May 16, 2011 11:38:55 AM

8. The bet is that fans will purchase the singles (which they have) and then purchase the album in its entirety (which they will), actually increasing sales.

Posted by: Mack | May 16, 2011 11:51:24 AM

9. Whatever you think of her -- I like some things, not others -- there's no denying she has what it takes.

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | May 16, 2011 11:59:49 AM

10. I think EOG was fast-tracked because of Judas' poor charting, not necessarily an original marketing plan.

Posted by: bryan | May 16, 2011 1:01:39 PM

11. She kind of explains it in the GN interview...btw, she has a great sense of humor. I lol'd.

Posted by: wonderer | May 16, 2011 2:07:36 PM

12. she really makes gwyneth look super boring. wow.

Posted by: mike128 | May 16, 2011 3:30:02 PM

13. She is so much more talented and relevant than old hag Madonna.

Posted by: Little Monster Joey | May 16, 2011 3:47:40 PM

14. @little monster joey: madonna has done amazing things in her career. i love gaga but there's no point in making comparisons. plus there's nothing wrong with aging... though i sometimes wish madonna had done it without so much surgery/work.

Posted by: mike128 | May 16, 2011 4:19:54 PM

15. Wow! I like this version so much more. Her voice gets drowned out in the album version. Love you Mama Monster!!

Posted by: AJ | May 16, 2011 6:30:56 PM