Aaron Schock | Matt Lauer | News

WATCH: Matt Lauer Interviews Congressman Aaron Schock About His Body, Asks if He's Single

Schock_zinczenko

Rep. Aaron Schock (R-IL) brings his "ripped Representative" crusade to the Today show, where Matt Lauer interviews him about the beefy photo spread in Men's Health, along with the magazine's editor-in-chief Dave Zinczenko.

Schock also went on Morning Joe

Watch both clips, AFTER THE JUMP...

Earlier...
Rep. Aaron Schock (R-IL) Shows Off His Abs in Men's Health cover story [tr]

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Morning Joe:

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Comments

1. they should kiss and get it over with.

Ms. Schock is a lady...

Posted by: The TRUTH | May 9, 2011 11:29:38 AM

2. I....I can't.

This is just too rich.

I didn't know whether to cringe till it hurts or laugh hysterically until it hurts.

Matt can't help but play up the obvious irony here which makes this clip all the more classic.

God MAKE OUT ALREADY!

Posted by: Leo | May 9, 2011 11:34:33 AM

3. He should beard up as quick as possible. It's obvious he has no desire to come out...beard up and at least reduce the questioning of his sexuality by 7-9%.

Posted by: Mike | May 9, 2011 11:43:51 AM

4. I don't get the kissing suggestion? Is Matt Gay? Do all Gay men want to kiss each other, or only the ones that bother to stay in shape?

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | May 9, 2011 11:48:54 AM

5. Aaron Schock is a homosexual, yet he doesn't have the balls to be a gay man.

It's all rather sad. He wakes up every morning knowing he has to not be who he actually is in order to be accepted by the people he's pathetically chosen to align himself with.

Pity him.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 9, 2011 11:52:30 AM

6. Yes Sargon, only the ones that bother to stay in shape. (rolls eyes) No, that is not a politically correct statement. Reading WAY too much into the JOKE.

Posted by: Leo | May 9, 2011 12:02:53 PM

7. Awww. He's cute and tiny, like a pocket gay.

Posted by: S. | May 9, 2011 12:19:49 PM

8. If he were gay, I'd imagine a former lover would have spoken up by now.

Posted by: Jason | May 9, 2011 12:20:51 PM

9. what a twink

Posted by: Gus | May 9, 2011 12:25:58 PM

10. y'know. watching these vids, I'm ALMOST inclined to cheer him. there's not really a good reason that most American's can't eat better, take better care of their bodies, and thereby their minds, etc.

I'm even ALMOST perfectly willing to accept the dude as straight if that's who he says he is. Were he not so openly ANTI-gay, I'd see him actually as a natural ALLY of the gay cause cuz he knows what it's like to be just be himself (if that's what he's doing) and to be the health-focused dude he happens to be. And cuz I really believe that being ourselves and taking care of ourselves and respecting ourselves reaps the most remarkable rewards for gay guys in particular, who also face a lot of HATE bringing them down FROM GUYS LIKE YOU congressman

What's holding me back from a supportive view--and what makes me LOVE all of the snarks on this site and elsewhere against him--is that I recollect his ongoing anti-gay stance.

Change your anti-gay stance, Congressmen, and maybe you'll see less insidious regular public snarks against you by at least more-informed types online.

As it is, your anti-gay statements and allegience to the party of anti-gay makes you look CRAZY SUSPECT. It just doesn't add up dude. But change your anti-gay ways, and I'd totally respect you as a REAL leader (of whatever sexuality you believeably name), abs and all making it more impressive.

As it is though, your pro-health stance is HYPOCRITICAL because you have so steadfastly hated on gays. You are not MY role model, dude. Just a laughingstock of sorts, DESERVING derision, sorry.

Posted by: just_a_guy | May 9, 2011 12:29:34 PM

11. The message (work out, keep oneself fit) is important.
    I don't understand why you can say he's gay. I cannot. I hope he's happy and true to himself. As long as he is conservative and Republican, we look at life from the opposite directions.

Posted by: Matt26 | May 9, 2011 12:31:34 PM

12. I've never liked Schock but I'm still embarrassed for him.

This whole fitness campaign is not about fitness! It's all about, "look at me, me, me".

The girl is desperate for attention (and a big, juicy cock in her mouth). She's soooo transparent.

Posted by: Jake | May 9, 2011 12:32:02 PM

13. >Aaron Schock is a homosexual, yet he doesn't have the balls to be a gay man.

Anderson Cooper was available for comment.

Posted by: Rik | May 9, 2011 12:54:33 PM

14. With all this focus on his body and he's *still* managing to do his actual job! Or is he? Y'know, I'm no prude, but a Congressman should have a certain gravitas and showing off his gym bunny body is not something I would expect of a man trying to do serious legislative work. But that's just me.

Posted by: Justin Werner | May 9, 2011 1:17:53 PM

15. It's a tragedy that such a bigoted, anti-gay Republican brain is in such a great body.

(As far as the "serious legislative work" that he does, it includes passing the whole Republican anti-gay agenda, like his vote against DADT repeal and his support for the defense of DOMA.)

Posted by: Philo | May 9, 2011 1:24:13 PM

16. @Rik Your analogy is not correct

Anderson Cooper chose not to say what his sexuality is, gay or straight.

Aaron Schock on the other hand went so far as to burn a belt when accused of being slightly gay and professed as loudly as he could that he is straight.

There is a big difference there. Not to mention one as homophobic and anti-gay while the other supports gay rights and hosted a lot of stuff on bullying.

Posted by: ravewulf | May 9, 2011 1:46:48 PM

17. So a high school coach is fired for letting high school boys who do real sports run practice races without their shirts on because some girls were uncomfortable; but it is OK for a Republican Congressman to show off his gym bunny chest on national TV and in magazines at supermarket check stands.

Posted by: Chuck | May 9, 2011 1:53:46 PM

18. Schock opens his mouth and out falls a purse and high heels.

Posted by: patrick nyc | May 9, 2011 2:09:30 PM

19. He probably just has a very high need for approval and came from a Republican home where even the possibility of being gay can't be expressed.

So he did what he could and repressed it. For now. Just hasn't met the right page yet.

Posted by: Page Me | May 9, 2011 2:26:25 PM

20. his head is too small for that body in these pictures!

oh, wait! he's a Republican.

never mind...

Posted by: mike/ | May 9, 2011 2:26:49 PM

21. I can't wait for the movie of the week.

Posted by: Rodney Wollam | May 9, 2011 3:13:42 PM

22. What a surprise! Another attractive republican who thinks he's better than everyone else.

Narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) produces a lot of exhibitionist Republicans. Schock comes from the same cookie cutter mold as all those bitchy beauty queens like Sarah Palin and Carrie Prejean.

That said, he can exhibit himself to me any day!

Posted by: dh | May 9, 2011 3:33:37 PM

23. So many jealous queens.

Posted by: Archie Bunker | May 9, 2011 3:45:21 PM

24. A lot of you commenting seem envious of the simple fact that he has put a lot of *Hard work* into getting into great shape. YOu can do it, too, with proper motivation, discipline, and instruction.
    I do not believe Schock is gay. He does not come across as gay. He's comes across as a straight guy into fitness who happens to be very young (29) for a member of Congress.
    It's unfortunate that he is a conservative republican. Maybe in time he can change and become more positive toward LGBTs.

Posted by: Tangipul | May 9, 2011 4:20:19 PM

25. Homophobia is not sexy. At all. End of story.

Posted by: Andrew | May 9, 2011 4:27:27 PM