Aaron Schock | News | Republican Party

BigGayDeal.com

Rep. Aaron Schock Flaunts His Abs in Men's Health Cover Story

Aaron_schock

Republican Congressman Aaron Schock (R-IL) is baring his abs on the cover of Men's Health.

The full "Ripped Representative", as MH refers to him, AFTER THE JUMP...

People reports

Schock, 29, a freshman congressman from Peoria, Ill., is teaming up with the magazine for the Fit For Life Summer Challenge, and says you have to practice what you preach when it comes to proper diet and exercise.

"If you want to start talking about healthy lifestyles and staying in shape, then you yourself should do your best to try to be a model, an example to people you're trying to convince to do the same," he says.

Schock, who is single and a conservative Baptist, says he was headed down the wrong path himself at one point. "In college I could feel my body changing, and I knew that if I didn't make some changes, I was going to go in the wrong direction," he says.

Abs_schock It's not the first time the public has seen Schock's abs. TMZ posted a much-discussed poolside beefcake photo (right) back in 2009.

Our last visit with Schock (R-IL) was in February when he polished his anti-gay credentials and spoke out against Obama's announcement regarding DOMA.

Schock is a 'confirmed bachelor' who is "not" gay though he does occasionally express shame at his flamboyant wardrobe choices and has said that he hopes his chiseled abs will cause people to pause and listen to what he has to say on CNN.

The full "Ripped Representative", as MH refers to him, AFTER THE JUMP...

Previously...
Rep. Aaron Schock 'Burned the Belt' That Made Him Look Gay [tr]
Congressman Aaron Schock Not Gay, Details Reconfirms... [tr]
CNN Turns the Focus to GOP Congressman Aaron Schock's Abs [tr]

Shirtless_schock

Comments

1. Five foot 3 with orangutan arms badly in need of an underwire bra and ugly as homemade sin on the inside.

Posted by: joeblo | May 9, 2011 10:40:20 AM

2. He needs to work much more on his arms and far less on his chest. His proportions are bizarre -- all pecs, no biceps.

Posted by: Chet | May 9, 2011 10:43:21 AM

3. Joeblo, you murdered me with that comment! LMAOOO. I did notice the arms looked a little off, particularly right around his lumpy right elbow.

Posted by: orangutan arms | May 9, 2011 10:51:22 AM

4. next repuk caught in a men's roof stall.
    he's a confirmed bachelor. hint hint

Posted by: walter | May 9, 2011 10:53:13 AM

5. I'm sure his Republican mentality would be mortified knowing how many gays probably masterbate over his pictures now haha

Posted by: Stephen | May 9, 2011 10:54:28 AM

6. There's no law against conservative douchebags having good bodies. I know a lot of idiots that go to the gym and at 30 have buffed bodies. But I agree with Ratbastard, there is a gigantic narcissistic streak running through this guy. He doesn't need a wife, he needs an eight foot mirror. And who does he think the primary readership of Men's Health is? Oh, that's right, other men who are "confirmed bachelors."

Posted by: Bart | May 9, 2011 10:54:50 AM

7. I get the impression he thinks a lot of himself...

Posted by: Michael W. | May 9, 2011 10:56:35 AM

8. He's probably "bisexual".
    ;-)

Posted by: oliver | May 9, 2011 11:10:38 AM

9. @Nick, hey, so David Zincenko is homophobic? Really? Tell us more.

I've always preferred Men's Health to Men's Fitness because of what as I percieved as higher-quality content. I mean, I admit Men's Health doesn't tend to show off sexy guys throughout as other mags do, or as much as Men's Fitness does. But I personally don't read mags like that for the guys. I read them for the latest health perspectives, credentialed but-down-to-earth practical analysis, and the easy-to-use workouts, frankly.

And I remember hearing a few years back that Men's Health began targeting itself as specifically luring the hetero man. Which I didn't care about, cuz heteros happen to be the vast majority of guys. Their female-focused please-your-women stuff hasn't scared me off either. Because their content really has been good, tho I've fallen behind on reading it from time to time. I even enjoy the male-generally focused contributions, which I have not seen as needing to be targeted to gay guys.

But if David Zincenko is credibly homophobic (news to me), THAT is a reason to leave. And to encourage friends to leave. Homophobes lose credibility INSTANTLY with me.

Men's Health is simply the largest-circulations men's magazine--which realistically means that they are also the most-subscribed-to magazine among gay men. Even if a disproportionate number of gay readers prefer, say, Men's Fitness, c'mon, Men's Health is still *THE* FITNESS/HEALTH magazine, which means realistically that it is DISPROPORTIONATELY subscribed to by gay guys.

So details please, Nick.

Because if David Zincenko and team are anti-gay, let's not lie that their credibility should fall in other areas too. To the point that their STRAIGHT readership OUGHT to decline on that basis alone as well.

Posted by: just_a_guy | May 9, 2011 11:11:43 AM

10. He's 29 years old you guys. At 29 it's an idiot that is not in shape. Get a clue. 65%+ of Americans are over weight. Lazy fat Americans. Whether he's Conservative or Liberal, right or left, Gay or Str8, black or white has nothing to do with his physical shape. HE WORKS OUT. My God some of you Gay men are dizzy Queens.

Being in shape and looking good with your shirt off makes one a Narcissist? Well being fat and looking awful with one's clothing on makes one awful to look at and fat. How do you like that reasoning?

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | May 9, 2011 11:20:53 AM

11. @SARGON BIGHORN,

I'm in great physical shape. But I'm not NEUROTIC about obsessively working out and developing the 'perfect' abs, etc., It might shock you to know many people [guys and girls(women)] wouldn't necessarily find his body attractive [sexually], while at the same time admit he obviously works out a lot and has 'perfect' abs. NORMAL attention to your health, staying fit, etc., should be encouraged, not NEUROTIC gym-bunny activitiy. But of course, how do make money off of that? It ALWAYS seems to come down to selling people sh*t in order to fix their problem[s], doesn't it?

Posted by: ratbastard | May 9, 2011 11:35:59 AM

12. I am sorry, but HOW OLD ARE THE PEOPLE COMMENTING ABOUT AIRBRUSHING ON THIS PHOTO!? Who the hell airbrushes ANYTHING anymore!? That's just ridiculous. Go back to your 8 tracks and "talkies". Tomorrow there's going to be a lesson on how to start fires without having to rub sticks together for a half hour!

Posted by: RGB | May 9, 2011 11:36:09 AM

13. Trust me.... his boyfriend is hot too.

Posted by: Illinois | May 9, 2011 11:36:43 AM

14. @RGB,

Most people use that phrase as an EXPRESSION,meaning the picture has been deliberately altered. OF COURSE there are modern ways of altering photos. That goes without saying.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 9, 2011 11:39:14 AM

15. I don't think he's 'hot' at all. He's worked excessively on his physique, absolutely. But I don't find this necessarily 'hot' and otherwise he's average white bread material. Maybe if he had some tatts, facial hair, even scruff, didn't look so much like a cross between a corporate tool/drone and a obsessive compulsive gym rat, I might find him genuinely more attractive, even hot.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 9, 2011 11:44:07 AM

16. RATBASTARD, neither You nor I have any idea about the mental state of the good Representative from Illinois. He might NOT be neurotic as you suggest. Don't read more into this man than there might be. All I state are the facts. I draw no conclusions. He works out, he's 29, 65%+ of Americans are way way out of shape.

"Normal" attention? Oh is that like "Normal" people, you know the str8 ones?

Posted by: Sargon Bighorn | May 9, 2011 11:45:44 AM

17. RGB, I'm not in the media industry, but according to this 2003 BBC article, airbrushing is now the industry standard. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/2643777.stm

Key excerpt:

"These days you only get two kinds of pictures of celebrities - paparazzi pictures or pictures like these which have been highly styled, buffed, trimmed and altered to make the subject look as good as is humanly possible," he said.

"We do that for everyone, whether they are a size six or a size 12. It hasn't a lot to do with body size.

**********Practically every photo you see in a magazine will have been digitally altered in this way.**********"

Posted by: redball | May 9, 2011 11:46:58 AM

18. He looks a lot older than 29 and those tits are ridiculous.

Posted by: Tweety | May 9, 2011 11:52:31 AM

19. I'm with 'ratbastard' - this armored body type disgusts me. I like flexible. Those grotesque add-ons between his neck and shoulders!! He looks deformed. Yechchchch...

Posted by: WebHybrid | May 9, 2011 12:14:45 PM

20. Atleast Barney Frank gets to shower with him at the House gym...

At the gym.

See you at the White Party."Not gay... But my BF who buys my clothes is."

Posted by: Ted B. (Charging Rhino) | May 9, 2011 12:30:19 PM

21. If I were one of his constituents, I'd want my vote back....it appears he spends more time in the gym then doing his job. And he's dumb as a brick...find his appearance on Meet the Press on YouTube and pull up a chair.

Posted by: B-rod | May 9, 2011 1:52:25 PM

22. I love when I can witness the climb to the pedestal from which they eventually fall.

Posted by: Beef and Fur | May 9, 2011 1:55:02 PM

23. He needs a beard.

Posted by: Haha | May 9, 2011 2:19:05 PM

24. What I love from straight people is the "just because he's ______ doesn't mean he's gay" excuse.

Do you know why, and how, we can tell that he's gay? Because he's gay. That's how we can tell. Because family can spot family.

This man is a coward and a wimp, as pathetic as the Uncle Toms of GOProud.

He's not man enough to be gay. He's one more resentful reluctant homosexual.

Posted by: Little Kiwi | May 9, 2011 2:31:01 PM

25. Uh, guys? Who really gives a rat's ass what he looks like? Is he doing his job, or not? Anybody have a comment about that? : D

Posted by: Beau | May 9, 2011 2:32:56 PM