Cristiano Ronaldo | Football | News | Sports

Watch: Cristiano Ronaldo Busts Fan's Nose, Gives Him Shirt

Ronaldo

Footballer Cristiano Ronaldo offered an injured fan a shirt after his match on Tuesday, Yahoo reports:

"In the 16th minute, with the score still 0-0, Ronaldo cleared a ball into the stands that smacked a guy in the first row right in the face. The guy got a bloody nose and probably wasn't the most comfortable man in the stadium for the rest of the match. But after the final whistle blew, Ronaldo sought him out. Following a bit of confusion over who he was supposed to talk to, he gave the guy a shirt and a picture and apologized for making his nose explode."

Ronaldo took the shirt off his back to give the fan, but security swapped it out for a fresh one at the last second, unfortunately.

Watch it all go down, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. When he goes over the fence.

Dat ass.

Posted by: asgrgsaf | May 11, 2011 5:08:04 PM

2. Why did they have to switch it? Are the DNA in his sweat so valuable that there's danger if it falls into the wrong hands? Or were they worried the guy would make a buck selling it on Ebay?

Obviously this was staged in advance (not the accident, but the response) if they happened to have a fresh shirt right there. But I'd be willing to trade a bloody nose for a hug from a shirtless Renaldo---though I would have latched onto him and never let go.

Posted by: Paul R | May 11, 2011 5:13:55 PM

3. I'm shocked Ronaldo didn't roll around the ground until the ref gave the guy a yellow card.

Posted by: nodnarb | May 11, 2011 5:19:36 PM

4. What a body and face. Perfect. He is so hot!

@Paul R: Staged? Oh please, just maybe he wanted to do sth nice.

Posted by: Matt26 | May 11, 2011 5:19:38 PM

5. What I want to know is where the sweaty shirt went....

Posted by: Marcus | May 11, 2011 5:24:51 PM

6. NODNARB

Lol, Ronaldo IS a diver but heck, he came out supporting gay marriage before ANYONE.

He wears nail polish proudly and all sorts of girly stuff and so does David Beckham but have you heard Beckham ever come out for anything gay rights? Especially as the gays LOVE him?

We desperately need to put the right people in our 'gay love' arena. And this dude is right there.

Posted by: Rowan | May 11, 2011 5:30:26 PM

7. Annoyingly gorgeous

Posted by: Joseph | May 11, 2011 5:31:23 PM

8. My partner collects Soccer memorabilia.
    the sweaty ones are more valuable.

Posted by: kb | May 11, 2011 5:38:00 PM

9. @Rowan: That's all nice, and admittedly this was a classy act... but I still think he's a disgrace to football. And Messi runs rings around Ronaldo yet somehow manages to stay on his feet.

Posted by: nodnarb | May 11, 2011 5:42:09 PM

10. NODNARB

I didn't say he wasn't a brat in football.

Come on,we can talk about this for ages as I'm a big football fan.

I agree Ronaldo is a piss taker. If I was on a sports blog-I'd be humming your tune but I'm on a gay non sports blog based in the US,so they only see him as 'hot'.

And for where we are on the interweb-he's a brilliant ally. Full stop.

If we're talking football, of course I agree with you but Ronaldo has always been a step away because he is SO confident on the pitch and he wants to WIN.

I don't think he is technically the best or near the best but you never get a 'winner' like Ronaldo.

Posted by: Rowan | May 11, 2011 5:51:10 PM

11. He is prime male sex.

Posted by: jaragon | May 11, 2011 6:00:14 PM

12. Yeh, I can see your point. I guess I just have a bit of a chip on my shoulder that the gays fawn all over Ronaldo and few of them realize what a cheater he is! But I guess it is nice that someone of his stature is so supportive of the gays... although honestly that's really not that shocking for Portuguese and Spanish men.

If we're talking pure hotness, my favorite player is my fantasy-husband Frank Lampard. And my boys on the USMNT Gooch and Bocanegra deserve some love too. :)

Posted by: nodnarb | May 11, 2011 6:04:07 PM

13. I think they were worried 'the gays' would use the DNA in the bloodied shirt to make clones!!!
    ;-)

Posted by: jakeinlove | May 11, 2011 6:13:31 PM

14. I'd have held out for his jock! Is that wrong?

Posted by: MoJo | May 11, 2011 6:29:48 PM

15. That was really nice of him to do that. That was actually really cool to see. Depsite being hit I bet it made that man's day.

That man's face looked so bad. omg. To bad there wasn't a video of the hit.. It looked like a direct hit.

Posted by: justin | May 11, 2011 6:41:18 PM

16. NODNARB

Heh, disagree about Lampard. He's actually been known in gay clubs BIG time in London! But as a player, fair enough.

I did love Eric Contona but if you remember him or care, he was genius on the pitch as a front.

Posted by: Rowan | May 11, 2011 7:03:31 PM

17. We're on a gay non sports blog in the US, so, WTF or, as Ronaldo would say, QPE. If, as a gay non sports person, I found myself at the stadium being hugged by Ronaldo after taking one to the face, I would absolutely get a yellow card plus some corrective action from security when I tried to retrieve that sweet-smelling jockstrap.

Posted by: Russell | May 11, 2011 7:28:18 PM

18. Nodnarb
    Believe it or not Ronaldo doesn't really dive or feign injury anymore. He got a reputation for that while at Man Utd. but his manager Ferguson drilled it out of him and since moving to Real Madrid his only problem on the pitch is a habit of throwing tantrums when a foul on him gets ignored. Also to his credit as a footballer, every Spanish stadium he plays in besides Real's Bernabeu is filled with deafening chants and taunts about his supposed girliness. He never reacts with anger but smiles and waves to them. He gets a bad rap from the press and from the opposition but I have to wonder how much of that is homophobia...

Posted by: Chris | May 11, 2011 8:02:15 PM

19. @Matt26: I meant "staged" as in he'd obviously decided to do something nice and had told his handlers so that security and the fresh shirt would be ready. Nothing more.

I certainly wasn't suggesting that he kicked the ball into the guy's face on purpose so he could look like an angel for giving him a shirt. I just meant that he didn't run over and give him the shirt 5 seconds later.

Posted by: Paul R | May 11, 2011 8:28:57 PM

20. I'd be PISSED if security took the sweaty shirt that I was given as a personal gift from Ronaldo and gave me a "fresh" one!

Posted by: TampaZeke | May 11, 2011 8:34:59 PM

21. @Chris: Oh, please. Ronaldo is one of the worst divers in the sport, and it certainly hasn't subsided any since he moved to Real Madrid. He did it during the World Cup, and he's done it during recent Champions League matches. Although, to be fair, he's a far better actor that Dani Alves, who was carried off the pitch on a stretcher, only to run back on 2 minutes later.

Posted by: nodnarb | May 11, 2011 9:05:27 PM

22. The only way security would have gotten that sweaty shirt back from me would be to peel it from my cold, dead hand!

Posted by: Bob R | May 11, 2011 9:39:48 PM

23. A Hot guy and a class act!

Posted by: garyj | May 12, 2011 5:29:24 AM

24. this is redundant by now, but my god that man's body is designed for sport, and utility is often beautiful. in the heydays of greece and rome, he would be as sought after as he is today as an ideal of masculine beauty. i can only hope that he is a decent guy while looking as he does (and knows he does).

Posted by: bandanajack | May 12, 2011 9:45:33 AM