Barack Obama | Hats | Jersey Shore

BigGayDeal.com

The Situation in The Situation Room

Doublesituation

Photoshopping this now classic photo of the national security team monitoring the Bin Laden operation has now become a meme. I'm not sure whether this Jersey Shore iteration amuses me the most, or the one AFTER THE JUMP...

Hatsituation

Incidentally, milliner Philip Treacy has spoken out about the creation he made for Princess Beatrice to wear to the royal wedding:

"My inspiration was beauty and elegance. It's a 21st century royal wedding. No, they didn't tell me [what they wanted] because I've known them for a long time and I wanted them to look gorgeous and beautiful. Gorgeous and beautiful can be open to interpretation. I thought they looked gorgeous and beautiful. But no one is crying if anyone didn't."

"How a hat makes you feel is what a hat is all about. The head is the most important part of the body to embellish, because it's what you meet."

Comments

1. I LOVE crap like this!!! Yay!

Posted by: kodiak | May 5, 2011 8:20:11 AM

2. if this is not the end of western civilization then...
    but I did laugh out loud, especially the hat one...

Posted by: arch | May 5, 2011 8:32:09 AM

3. considering the intensity of their gaze...this would make for a "Caption this photo contest" on d-listed

Posted by: tim | May 5, 2011 8:36:56 AM

4. Ahh, @ Tim, my thought exactly! The hat pic made me LOLZ, it's just so wrong.

Posted by: RONTEX | May 5, 2011 9:32:48 AM

5. Hats off to the hat pic! It pretty much perfectly sums up the bizarreness of last weekend.

Posted by: Ernie | May 5, 2011 10:01:14 AM

6. I hate crap like this.

Posted by: Matt26 | May 5, 2011 10:13:11 AM

7. I'm not sure if this is to Arch's point, but I love and am fascinated by where this picture (the hat one) says we are as a culture. The commentary on humor, on technology, on instant access to disparate events taking place around the world, on celebrity...Just...everything...perfect. It is not the end of Western Civilization, but it certainly shows that Western Civilization -- and world civilization -- has taken many strange twists and turns. Hats off (ugh) to the photoshopper who did this!

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | May 5, 2011 10:27:02 AM

8. Definitely the one after the jump!! Unexpected, but not really, in the most perfect way ever. =)

Posted by: Austin | May 5, 2011 11:45:30 AM

9. BAHAHAHAHAHAHA!! I love that Sitch has taken such a commonly used word and changed it forever. Makes me crack up. I remember watching "avatar" in the theater and one of the characters sd "We've got a situation here!" and everyone cracked up. And I've been giggling about "The Situation Room" for years.

Posted by: AJ | May 5, 2011 11:48:02 AM

10. Princess Bettie's hat looks like rabbit ears on acid. Nice to see a little levity after all the OBL crap.

Posted by: jamal49 | May 5, 2011 2:43:13 PM

11. FLASH: "Queerty resurrected as Towleroad."

Posted by: [email protected] | May 5, 2011 2:53:50 PM

12. The hat shot is perfect.

Posted by: jaragon | May 5, 2011 6:29:56 PM

13. Someone please put The Situation in the second photo and give him a hat too.

Posted by: HyperReality | May 6, 2011 7:05:56 AM

14. No QUESTION! It's the HAT! If only Hillary REALLY had the cojones to wear something like that! Show those boys up fuh-shua!

Posted by: Brian | May 6, 2011 8:18:48 AM

15. The hat is perfect. It looks like something from a bad sci-fi movie.

Posted by: Chuck Mielke | May 10, 2011 8:57:07 AM