Watch: Lady Gaga's Music Video for 'Judas', Plus Oprah Performance

Lgjud

Lady Gaga's "Judas" clip, which was set for premiere tonight, has leaked early.

Also, Gaga's appearance and performance on Oprah today!

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Gorgeously dark... I think I love it.

Posted by: Alan | May 5, 2011 11:43:05 AM

2. Eh! SO WHAT?

Bob Fosse is not only dead he's decomposed.

Posted by: David Ehrenstein | May 5, 2011 12:07:26 PM

3. WE LOVE YOU, MOTHER MONSTER! Judas Juda-a-a, Judas Juda-a-a, Judas Juda-a-a, Judas Gaga!

Posted by: CRISPY | May 5, 2011 12:10:06 PM

4. Meh, virgin, whore imagery done to death.

Posted by: Lazycrockett | May 5, 2011 12:12:56 PM

5. I don't get it... but it's very cool!

Posted by: tofu713 | May 5, 2011 12:14:42 PM

6. Fantastic! Classic Gaga is back! <3

Posted by: asgrgsaf | May 5, 2011 12:15:33 PM

7. I was suitably addicted to Bad Romance and Telephone, and still think Monster is a brilliant collection. However, Everything since has been a distillation of the former. Her 'hook', as an entertainer, was to be a commentary of what the social construct of a celebrity was. Now, I find that she has degraded into just being one herself.

Grade: meh

Posted by: David | May 5, 2011 12:16:14 PM

8. Awesome imagery!! I can't say I get it either, but it definitely made me "feel" something, which is more than I can say for the "Born This Way" video. I do agree that the virgin/whore thing has been done, but Gaga also seemed to put a modern spin on it, as well as some Egyptian themes. My faith in Gaga (as a pop star, not as a public figure or musician) is slowly returning.

But then again, I'm waiting for the avalanche of people saying this is just like Madonna. (I don't think this reminds me of Madonna in any way whatsoever, but it seems to be the critique du jour for people who don't like Lady Gaga. . .)

Posted by: Austin | May 5, 2011 12:19:21 PM

9. It's official, her videos are progressively getting worse. Sorry but that wasn't great.

Posted by: DAveny | May 5, 2011 12:23:53 PM

10. The video is fine. but it focuses a lot on Gaga's dancing which is still the one thing she can't do well. She works better as a creepy clothes horse posing her way through... I love her various looks... I'd rather have seen more of the fashion than her stiff choreography... which wasn't even vaguely Madonna-esque. It's like a more apocalyptic version of Janet Jackson's Escapade...

Posted by: Denis | May 5, 2011 12:34:09 PM

11. People, this is the edited version. Wait until the uncut release is shown to make your judgements.

Posted by: Sarina | May 5, 2011 12:38:40 PM

12. When I saw the teaser, I had some déjà vu. It reminds me of Janet's Escapade music video, and guess what? It's the exact same sets used at Universal Studios Hollywood's backlot, the Old Mexico sets. Especially the 'The Flood' attraction (rushing water behind GaGa =)~

PS The intro, on the LA freeway, you can spot Disney Studios (Burbank, CA) with Mickey's blue sorcerer's hat structure.

Posted by: Joseph | May 5, 2011 12:40:11 PM

13. Well, it's no "Bad Romance", but I definitely think it's the fiercest video she's done since "Telephone".

I am content.

Posted by: Lucas | May 5, 2011 12:44:20 PM

14. Um, I don't get it.

Unlike many of Gaga's other songs and videos, this one is forgettable.

Posted by: Ben | May 5, 2011 12:46:45 PM

15. I blame Laurie-Ann Gibson

Posted by: CArolhj | May 5, 2011 12:53:44 PM

16. "Jesus Christ Superstar" meets "Nova Boys"

Love it.

Posted by: Polyboy | May 5, 2011 12:59:09 PM

17. She tried to cram as many sounds as she could into this song. what a mess

Posted by: Tonez | May 5, 2011 12:59:54 PM

18. @CarolHJ, Seconded. It's this kind of lazy "sexiness" that keeps popping up with her. That and the dancing; there are no memorable routines anymore. Just moving your arms and torso; barely any worthwhile leg work.

Posted by: Question | May 5, 2011 1:00:57 PM

19. Madonna did the whore + Christ thing 20 years ago. Like her recent songs/videos, this one is just a boom in your face vomit of images to make you think there's something really thoughtful behind it.

At least Madonna was never so predictable and trite.

Posted by: Adam | May 5, 2011 1:04:18 PM

20. This is the edited version guys the unedited premiers tonight at 7

Posted by: Paul | May 5, 2011 1:04:24 PM

21. Love it! Anyone know who's playing Judas? He looks awfully familiar and my first thought was Norman Reedus, but I don't think it's him.

Posted by: Fleur-de-lys | May 5, 2011 1:12:21 PM

22. Its Sean Bean of Boromir fame.

I like this video. I wasn't too thrilled with Born This Way tbh, but I like this one.

And come on. The whole Jesus Christ imagery did not start with Madonna, since you know, Jesus Christ imagery has been around for 2,000 years!

Some gays, I swear.

Posted by: Robert | May 5, 2011 1:28:56 PM

23. Embarrassing in so many ways. I appreciate Lady Gaga for the gay work, and she's probably a nice woman, but her songs aren't exactly more valuable or deeper than your average Euro disco crap. I roll my eyes when she talks about being so creative, I mean Lady, please :D

And I have to point out that there's nothing wrong with the cheese. With Gaga it's just the same old cheese everytime. But people love her music so it's all the same. I'd just wish she's bring something new to the game.

Posted by: kode | May 5, 2011 1:45:33 PM

24. Like A Prayer/Spanish Eyes 20011.

Posted by: bostonbeat | May 5, 2011 1:49:37 PM

25. what a load of total codswallop. Rubbish.

Posted by: Paul | May 5, 2011 1:50:12 PM