Abercrombie & Fitch | France | Paris

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: Models Celebrate First Abercrombie And Fitch Store in Paris

Aber
Abercrombie and Fitch is set to open its first location in France next week and to help celebrate the grand opening, the clothing store has decided to introduce Parisians to one of their favorite traditions - shirtless male models posing outside of the store.

Watch 101 of them promote the store on the Champs Élysées., AFTER THE JUMP.

Comments

1. How about a little diversity! No long hair, tattoos, or height differences?? Even the jeans have the same identical wear spots!!

Posted by: gregg | May 14, 2011 10:20:32 PM

2. PS - The irony of A&F is that their CEO is perhaps one of the most unattractive men God has created. Just pointing it out since well, A&F hates ugly people. Google "A&F CEO" to see what I mean.

Posted by: Drew | May 14, 2011 11:08:05 PM

3. My favorite was the one with his shirt off.

Posted by: vaginetaflamebush | May 14, 2011 11:23:27 PM

4. OH MY ALL OF THE BITTER APPARENTLY OVER WEIGHT HOMOS......LOL

Posted by: wopboptorledo | May 15, 2011 12:43:08 AM

5. I don't wear A&F personally, but I also don't make it a habit of saying that anyone who chooses to wear their brand is "pathetic" or anything else. Sadly, more tired gay losers doing nothing but lambasting other gay people they've never met based on their choice of clothing. Work those stereotypes!

Posted by: Joey Y | May 15, 2011 6:39:23 AM

6. Horrible editing! Couldn't they linger for more than 0.5 seconds on any one shot? Tacky music too.

Posted by: MDL | May 15, 2011 7:30:34 AM

7. While I wouldn't mind walking by, I agree that yep, it's pretty damn tacky...but that fits considering it's A & F. Personally, I think A & F SUCKS. It's just far too...'blatant adverstisements on crappy clothes for teens!'-chic.

Also, I blame Parisians. They want their Starbucks and A & F now because they think it gives them both sides of the world - like they have everything Europe AND America has to offer, unlike those other non-Parisian French. It's like they take for granted the insanely rich tradition the rest of the country preserves. There really is no reason Shitbucks Coffee and A&F should be taking off considering that the coffee and clothes in basically every other café/boutique in the country is better, but that's what you get in such an international and tourism-oriented city like Paris. The other day I overheard an American tourist here looking at a menu : 'E? What is E (referring to the €...)? Gosh, I just don't understand the prices here. Let's just go to McDonalds'. GROSS.

Posted by: HOCKEJOCK | May 15, 2011 8:56:19 AM

8. "Not a chest hair in the bunch! Boring!"

THIS.

It reminds me of a song by The Who that's commenting on Mods:

It's easy to see
    That you are one of us
    Ain't it funny how
    We all seem to look the same?

Posted by: Henry Holland | May 15, 2011 4:27:18 PM

9. the guy at screen right is beautiful.

Posted by: nic | May 15, 2011 4:42:14 PM

10. I can get behind a naked man. I can't get a sh*tty company that advertises clothing with naked men. :(

And I'm sorry Andy but the blog's censoring seems just a wee bit antiquated.

Posted by: Toto | May 15, 2011 8:01:29 PM

11. If I buy a couple of A&F drawers, will the model of my choice come over some evening, so I can try the underpants on him? Almost anyone of them would do, as I don't want to hurt any of the model's feelings........

Posted by: David Jarrett | May 15, 2011 9:23:26 PM

12. I'll try this again and see if it posts:

These models DO NOT have the typical Frenchman's [of teens] body-type, anymore than American. They look like gay gym rats who've shaved/waxed their body hair and are into certain substances to maintain their figure.

Europeans LOVE the American preppy look. They lov[ed] GAP, they love A&F and American Eagle. Even the French, Italians, and Spanish.

Reminds me of a story: A French couple and their teenage son were visiting America and staying with a relative of mine. They primarily did A LOT of shopping. But the most amusing thing was the teen boy LOVED American food, especially fast-food. One of the last things he did was buy a dozen Dunkin Donuts before leaving for the airport.

Paris is pretty far north, 10 degrees further north than Montreal. It's cool/cold, dark, dreary for a good chunk of the year. The long winter months are dismal to the point street lights sometimes stay on all 'day' because it's so gloomy [bear in mind day-break in Paris, in the dead of winter, is around 9AM and the sun [when you can see it]. Needless to say there's a lot of pale people.

Posted by: ratbastard | May 16, 2011 12:46:23 AM

13. Oh man, lighten up. The celebration of male beauty is a GOOD THING, fer chrissakes.

Posted by: Michael in Toronto | May 16, 2011 12:07:49 PM