News | Ryan Reynolds | Superheroes

BigGayDeal.com

Watch: The Ring Chose Ryan Reynolds

Reynolds

As did the ultra-cheesy cheap FX, apparently.

Watch the new full Green Lantern trailer, AFTER THE JUMP...

Comments

1. Cool trailer! Looking forward to it!

Posted by: Mike | May 4, 2011 8:41:38 PM

2. Man I was so hot for GL as a kid...one of my first clues I was G-a-y. I was pretty bummed when they cast Reynolds. He just isnt Hal Jordon. I know he is the next Superman but for years I thought Henry Cavill would have been perfect

Posted by: Homo Genius | May 4, 2011 8:45:28 PM

3. I'd choose Ryan Reynolds too.

Posted by: stich | May 4, 2011 8:46:14 PM

4. ultra-cheesy and cheap FX? You either don't know anything about Green Lantern or you don't know anything about special FX. I'm guessing it's both.

Posted by: yunin | May 4, 2011 9:08:10 PM

5. http://www.dosisdiarias.com/2011/04/2011-04-08.html

That's the blog of a Chilean comic artist. He's absolutely hilarious!

Posted by: topher | May 4, 2011 9:10:39 PM

6. What's the point of trailers like that? It basically tells the whole story, we can make an edumacated guess that good triumphs over evil, mostly (have to have a bit of evil left for the sequels).

Ryan Reynolds sure is hot though.

Posted by: Henry Holland | May 4, 2011 10:05:32 PM

7. I dont care...Love the Green lantern in cartoons, Ryan Reynolds is a All out Babe..and its total eye candy and fun...all bases are covered...see u there.

Posted by: Disgusted Gay American | May 4, 2011 10:34:10 PM

8. yeah, I agree with Yunin, the thing that's ultra-chessy and cheap isn't the FX, it's Ryan Reynolds acting.

Posted by: tc in nyc | May 4, 2011 10:53:48 PM

9. It's a contest regarding which is cheezier - the acting or the SFX. I think the Saturday-morning cartoon-grade effects are winning, but it's hard to top Ryan's complete lack of any acting ability.

The only way you could make me enjoy watching Ryan Reynolds is to let me gaze upon his pretty, contorted face in a mirror as I pound his *ss into hamburger.

Which I'm pretty sure he would enjoy, as he pings my gaydar like no celeb apart from Harvey Fierstein.

The idea of this tool as a superhero may be the most laughable thing of all, though. What, Pauly Shore wasn't available?

Posted by: Jacknasty | May 5, 2011 1:22:39 AM

10. You guys are obviously not comic fans. Ryan Reynolds is known for playing cocky jackasses who have a bit of lovability to them. Hal Jordan is a cocky jackass you can't help but love. Perfect casting? You tell me.

Alien world with colors at the for front, with the comics having some extremely outlandish and often cartoony characters. I think they did a good job getting the alien aspect down.

Cheap fx? You try making 1000 totally original alien creatures in a large shot with that much detail. If you think about the scope of things, those cheap fxs are mind blowingly awesome!

Posted by: Robert | May 5, 2011 3:21:41 AM

11. Hollywood is at its rotting, moribund, undead best when regurgitating camp bits of nostalgia as grotesquely sensationalized content-free trash for those members of the bread and circus booiboise whose attention spans just aren't up to video games.

The entire output of LA is like taking a long, slippery log flume ride in an perpetual flood of puréed, blood-warm sewage. What can you do but put on your rubber suit and wallow? I love it - I can't get enough of it. Let's just all spray our perfectly ripped artificial bodies green and _roll_ in the thick, luscious overwrought, overproduced, over-the-top, over-the-hill stinking, staining, infectious _slime_ of it.

Posted by: Bryan | May 5, 2011 3:39:28 AM

12. Stick to whining over beat-up lesbians, it's what you're good at. Leave the critiques of movies to people who know what they are doing.

Posted by: bilitis | May 5, 2011 7:01:30 AM

13. Hey BRYAN, switch to decaf will ya?

Posted by: Beau | May 5, 2011 7:42:47 AM

14. I thought the Guardian looked fairly amazing, and hearing Kilowog speak was a nice new addition to this particular trailer as well.

Now if only he'd call Hal a poozer I'd be completely satisfied, but hey, it's almost June 17th, and I know which Corps I'm loyal to ;)

Posted by: Tollendyr2814 | May 5, 2011 9:33:15 AM

15. Very cool. And, I love me some Angela Bassett, too!

Posted by: Perry | May 5, 2011 5:40:02 PM

16. It has the flavor of one of the classic 1950's sci-fi flicks- come one guys this is a summer pop corn movie after all- and there are worse ways to spend time than staring at Ryan Reynolds cuteness.

Posted by: jaragon | May 5, 2011 6:49:57 PM

17. I think it looks pretty good. I'll definitely see it.

Posted by: Bobby | May 5, 2011 7:31:04 PM