Beefy, Rugby-Playing Counter Tenor Counters Bullying

Snyman

According to the following clip, South African counter tenor and former rugby player Jacques Snyman is bringing his talents to the States to participate in a concert series to benefit the 'It Gets Better' campaign this summer.

What a voice.

Watch, AFTER THE JUMP...

Snyman was also a 2009 South Africa Mr. Gay finalist.

(via joe)

Comments

1. He's so chesty! Swoon.

Posted by: Jason | Jun 8, 2011 1:25:38 PM

2. Lovely plan; lovely man. Wonderful voice. Obviously he is well-tuned both on the rugby pitch and in his operatic pitch. I wish him great success in his tour and his future on and off the pitch.

Posted by: alex Parrish | Jun 8, 2011 2:00:13 PM

3. so... hot... especially... while singing...

Posted by: Randy | Jun 8, 2011 2:03:00 PM

4. Marry me!

Posted by: Robert | Jun 8, 2011 2:29:29 PM

5. That is kind of surreal. The voice of an angel in the body of a god . . .

Posted by: MT | Jun 8, 2011 2:33:18 PM

6. He's hot as H*ll but this made me laugh. It's like something from SNL.

Posted by: Eric in Chicago | Jun 8, 2011 3:30:16 PM

7. I love hearing about highly-visible role models who defy the notion that gays are one-dimensional.

Posted by: sparks | Jun 8, 2011 3:54:18 PM

8. Does anyone know where/when his tour is? I'm having trouble finding a schedule.

Posted by: dgchgo | Jun 8, 2011 5:02:57 PM

9. Nice guy, great voice but I think he should keep the shirt on while his sings- that chest is kind of distracting

Posted by: jaragon | Jun 8, 2011 5:57:29 PM

10. Wow. Sexy, talented, sensitive, generous guy. Kind of a cool combo, no?

Posted by: Andalusian Dog | Jun 8, 2011 6:12:09 PM

11. Andy... you win. I mean... you just win it all. MUAH!

Posted by: Hollywood, CA | Jun 8, 2011 6:51:26 PM

12. Sparks wrote: "I love hearing about highly-visible role models who defy the notion that gays are one-dimensional."

Or, for that matter, that rugby-players are one-dimensional...

Posted by: alex Parrish | Jun 8, 2011 6:51:35 PM

13. I'd be interested to hear him cover Simple Man (Klaus Nomi version, of course). With his look, it would be different, but it would work.

Posted by: Randy | Jun 8, 2011 6:58:01 PM

14. cool!!

Posted by: alan brickman | Jun 8, 2011 7:19:17 PM

15. I don't know if it's lust or love, but I am so, so, SO deep in it right now. He's sexy, smart, kind, talented...oh man oh man. Get me to his concert, ASAP.

Posted by: Dback | Jun 8, 2011 7:27:24 PM

16. Good God where do you find these man angels? Day after day I meet these sensational men through this website. Is Jacques gay? No matter. I too want to know about his concert schedule. Thank you Andy...this whole website is about liberating men of all kinds. This one knocked by socks off. Thanks.

Posted by: Bear | Jun 9, 2011 1:03:44 AM

17. Marry Me!

Posted by: Akira | Jun 9, 2011 1:28:20 AM

18. Yes, i am trying to defy all stereotypes. I am gay, yes. And i discovered i could sing like this last year May. I am making a stand for children that have a tough time. Regardless of sexuality, race, creed and look...all kids and adults are subjected to bullying. My first concert is the 18th of july in fort lauderdale. All my concerts will be for free, all i ask is a donation upon leaving which goes directly to the charity. I am not doing this to make money. I do hope you can all come. I will be posting more dates and venues. I honestly did not anticipate people would really care to come and listen to me. Thank you

Posted by: Jacques snyman | Jun 9, 2011 2:16:48 AM

19. Thanks Jacques! You are great for doing this and helping our gay youth. Maybe you can come to Chicago for the 35th NAGAAA Gay Softball World Series (GSWS) from August 29 – September 3, 2011? More than 165 teams, from over 40 cities across North America, will descend upon Chicago to play more than 500 games. Chicago will host over 4,000 participants and fans, making the GSWS the largest annual LGBT sporting event in the world!
    Hope to see one of your concerts! The world needs more rugby players like you. :)

Posted by: TruthSeeker_Too | Jun 9, 2011 3:17:10 AM

20. If you like Jacques' style, and olde skool Rock & Roll, search for the UK band 'The Darkness'!!! Their songs have the hooks, and make me smile (especially Love on the Rocks).

Posted by: DC | Jun 9, 2011 8:28:33 AM

21. Truthseeker tod...i will be very happy to come.

Posted by: Jacques snyman | Jun 10, 2011 9:55:29 AM

22. Jacques, I find what you are doing to be deeply moving. Not only are you an extremely handsome and virile man, but your kindness and great humanity shine out. You are a true inspiration.
    It is true that it gets better. I was a victim of bullying at school and also of violence by my father. I never lost faith in myself and knew that the simple fact that I was alive was demonstration of worth. It gets better when you know people care, and to have a man like you to care gives so much hope.
    I wish you all the best, my friend.

Posted by: Beardy63 | Jun 17, 2011 6:25:38 AM